When Are We Gonna Get A Coolant Flush Module

3037 replies to this topic

#2981 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostTexAss, on 05 March 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

What if they make the tier 3 coolant require 2 slots? Would all of you suddenly be quiet?

What kind of a ******** change would that be? "Hey we take away 1 option (flush twice) but you can pay real money for it!?!"

The only way to keep it ingame and still make sense is to make it available for mc and cbills now creating interesting choices.

- "Do i want to pay more and keep a free module slot, is 2x less better than 1x full 35%...?"

If they really need to tread the p2w path than please make it cost a ton of cbills but do NOT add stuff that is only available through real money, esp. not small perks that can be used frequently.

- "You play a lot? Cool, you can buy it! You win a lot? Cool, youre good and thus can afford it."

- "You dont play a lot or suck? Cool, cause its a game just buy it with real money bro."

It does not have to be free but it needs to have the option to aquire it if you dedicate time to it. People that play a lot for free (i pay paid regularly) are good for the game, they are the population of this title that will not work without them.

View PostPaul Inouye, on 04 March 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

^_^

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Edited by Budor, 05 March 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#2982 Dr Hieronymous Alloy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

So are these modules "buy once, use once per match" or "buy once, use once period"?

If the latter, having an MC cost for them seems ridiculous.

#2983 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostDr Hieronymous Alloy, on 05 March 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

So are these modules "buy once, use once per match" or "buy once, use once period"?

If the latter, having an MC cost for them seems ridiculous.

Once and then gone for good, have to buy another.

#2984 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 05 March 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

Hence the rage.

LET DAY 2 COMMENCE!

Edited by Gandalfrockman, 05 March 2013 - 05:13 AM.

#2985 Dr Hieronymous Alloy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 05 March 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

Is that confirmed by a dev or just the most likely theory?

If so it won't really be valid for me to use -- something like that I'd have to get in the habit of using or I'd forget it in the heat of the moment, and if it costs real $$$ I'm not going to spend that for relatively minimal one-time heat boost.

#2986 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostDr Hieronymous Alloy, on 05 March 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Is that confirmed by a dev or just the most likely theory?

If so it won't really be valid for me to use -- something like that I'd have to get in the habit of using or I'd forget it in the heat of the moment, and if it costs real $$$ I'm not going to spend that for relatively minimal one-time heat boost.

From Paul in the Command Chair

Summary

The C-Bill and MC purchased coolant flushes with both max out at 35%.[/color]

The C-Bill version of coolant flushes will allow 2 uses during a match. (One cools 15%, the other cools 20%).

The C-Bill version of coolant flushes will required 2 module slots to cool 35%, whereas the MC version will only require 1 module slot.

Both C-Bill and MC versions of coolant flush must be repurchased between rounds if used in a match.
Note: The values above are subject to tuning pending further gameplay testing.

Seems pretty cut and dry there.

Edited by Yokaiko, 05 March 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#2987 Dr Hieronymous Alloy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 05 March 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

From Paul in the Command Chair

Seems pretty cut and dry there.

Yeah, that doesn't really seem worth it. The hassle will be more than the reward. A 20% heat flush isn't enough for another strike with any configuration that's heat-vulnerable enough to warrant bringing that module and refreshing it every match.

#2988 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostDr Hieronymous Alloy, on 05 March 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

Yeah, that doesn't really seem worth it. The hassle will be more than the reward. A 20% heat flush isn't enough for another strike with any configuration that's heat-vulnerable enough to warrant bringing that module and refreshing it every match.

Problem being that if you play competitively (or ever want to) you can bet your *** that your opponent will not only have them, they will have single slotters.

..and the hell with that. Unless 1mc buys a couple hundred, f that.

Edited by Yokaiko, 05 March 2013 - 05:59 AM.

#2989 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 06 December 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

It's actually because it invalidates heat as an issue in a team vs. team environment.

Oh, Garth. If only you knew how derpy your team would become.

#2990 ciller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 486 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Coolant flush might not even be the biggest issue, top tier damage with Air Strikes - we don't know how much damage they do and how important they will be in busting up a defensive team. If they are effective in any sort of way then prepare to be boned by p2w gold rain.

I am worried and I do not like this. I was okay with ECM but this just seems terribad. What if tier 3 is what makes or breaks you in a tournament? That would be pure bullsh1t.

#2991 Tarman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 05 March 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

Problem being that if you play competitively (or ever want to) you can bet your *** that your opponent will not only have them, they will have single slotters.

..and the hell with that. Unless 1mc buys a couple hundred, f that.

IDK how people believe this WON'T happen under this delivery model. Competitive scene goes from those with the best skill to those with the best skill and money. Which tends to make the skill-only players go find other games to play.

#2992 Dr Hieronymous Alloy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

View Postciller, on 05 March 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Coolant flush might not even be the biggest issue, top tier damage with Air Strikes - we don't know how much damage they do and how important they will be in busting up a defensive team. If they are effective in any sort of way then prepare to be boned by p2w gold rain.

I am worried and I do not like this. I was okay with ECM but this just seems terribad. What if tier 3 is what makes or breaks you in a tournament? That would be pure bullsh1t.

Yeah, Air Strikes are probably going to be a much bigger issue. Those I can see making a big difference, esp. if you can just call a strike on the square with your base in it while it's getting capped out.

Coolant Flush? If heat's an issue for you you're already kinda ******* up (not that I don't **** up routinely, but the point stands).

#2993 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostDr Hieronymous Alloy, on 05 March 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Coolant Flush? If heat's an issue for you you're already kinda ******* up (not that I don't **** up routinely, but the point stands).

That can also be the difference between overheating and dying (and a LOT of people run hot builds) and finsihing off the Atlas in your face.

Excluding dual gauss builds there are next to no heat neutral mechs in the game, those coolant flush pods are huge.

Edited by Yokaiko, 05 March 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#2994 Dr Hieronymous Alloy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 05 March 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

That can also be the difference between overheating and dying (and a LOT of people run hot builds) and finsihing off the Atlas in your face.

Excluding dual gauss builds there are next to no heat neutral mechs in the game, those coolant flush pods are huge.

Well, depends exactly how it works. If it lets you instantly undo a heat shutdown, yeah, small difference. There's still mech restart time though, etc., and for most of the really hot builds, when you shut down, you aren't just a tiny bit over max -- with the PPC build I'm running right now, for example, two alphas is 100% heat, and three would be 150%.

Normally when I overheat and shut down, it's not a conscious decision -- if it were, I would've hit "O". It's just a fuckup, and that's not something a coolant pod could rewind.

Edited by Dr Hieronymous Alloy, 05 March 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#2995 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostDr Hieronymous Alloy, on 05 March 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

Well, depends exactly how it works. If it lets you instantly undo a heat shutdown, yeah, small difference. There's still mech restart time though, etc., and for most of the really hot builds, when you shut down, you aren't just a tiny bit over max -- with the PPC build I'm running right now, for example, two alphas is 100% heat, and three would be 150%.

Normally when I overheat and shut down, it's not a conscious decision -- if it were, I would've hit "O". It's just a fuckup, and that's not something a coolant pod could rewind.

Or you just hit it when you hear your heat go critical and you aren't critical anymore. These things (per Paul) operate off of max CAPACITY not your current heat value.

#2996 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostTexAss, on 05 March 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

It's a one time consumable. I pilot PPC snipers as well as SRM brawlers (Awesome 8R) and I can assure you it won't change a thing for me, especially if the MC or C-bill cost is higher than 50kc-bill / 25MC I won't even consider buying it. I can alpha ONCE more with a coolant and thats it, for me this is a fraction of the time I play in a match and it will not change my scoreboard if not slightly. Besides everyone else will have it striped on if I do.

Giving everyone 3,5 seconds MAX more before they overheat is nothing in a real match.

To give you an extreme example.

Imagine you had a weapon that would deal 1,000 damage once per 15 minutes at a range of 540m. That's just 1.11 DPS. It has just one shot and weighs 10 tons. Is this weapon balanced?
You get just one shot with it. But it can destroy 1/8th of the enemy force. You can do it quite possibly way before the enemy had a chance to react to you (even though you're not the uber Sniper with it, the range is not that impressive!). That's potentially 1/8th less damage the entire enemy team will cause to your team.

Coolant Flush is not that powerful or impressive. But it's still something notable - if normally, you would have to wait 10 seconds before you can launch your second or third PPC strike, but now you can do it after after another 3 seconds. That's 7 seconds earlier than before, 7 seconds the enemy can not run away or return fire to inflict damage to you.

#2997 Aurrous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...10-consumables/ posted yesterday?

#2998 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

I was seriously about to buy some more MC. I need another mech bay and was debating if I was going to buy the minimum package or get a larger one and pick up some more camo/colors. This sealed my decision. I am buying neither.

I've spent a good deal of time on these forums encouraging people to wait and see, give them a chance, and more. Coolant Flush was a no brainer, it wasn't going to be in the game, several devs said so. P2W, no not going to happen they want to avoid it, and look at the hero mechs that came out, not really an advantage, sometimes not as good as some of the other variants, just different. Now..... I can't really defend this move in any way shape or form. Not even with the, "They have to make money somehow." because they will LOSE money with this. Too many of us that will spend money on this game will stop spending and will leave.

#2999 Aidan McRae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Wait. *This* is the official Coolant flush thread? The one that starts with sarcasm by someone obviously *not* in favor of it?

Whatever.

Anyway, here's my $.02, even though I'm sure it's been offered elsewhere:

More offensive than the power or lack of power of these new modules is the fact that it sets a precedent where players who pay have SOME advantage over those who don't. If they do it now, won't they do it again? And again? And again? Until you get so many small edges that those who don't pay won't be able to keep up? I can only imagine what stomps will feel like in that (hopefully alternate) future.

#3000 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

You only get to flush once for MC and twice for CBills ...

So it'll only save your behind once or twice the ENTIRE game...

How exactly is this P2W? No really I'm extremely confused here. Like to the point of shoving a light bulb up my butt to see if it'll just come to me because my brain which is at all times focused on logic (programmer here), sees no logic that could come to the P2W conclusion.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users