Sell A Chasis And Loose The Exp Gained With It?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Boris5134

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Location-Classified-, Georgia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I've been working on mastering mech chasis I've got in a somewhat decending order from the heaviest of classes on down from the Founders Atlas, the Catapult, then to the Hunchback and then the Jenner. After running the C1-F, a K2 and a A1 Catapult for just under a week I decided to sell the A1 in favor for purchasing the C4 in a short while when I have enough C-Bills. Now then - most of what I've gained to unlock all 3 variants (C1, A1, and K2) to access the "Elite" section of unlocks for the Catapult were untouched - however upon selling the A1 I lost all 8 unlocks gained for the A1 variant. I can still finish ranking up my C1 and K2 and finish unlocking the "Elite" unlocks but it looks as though if I buy a A1 again, I will have to unlock all 8 basic unlocks again?

1: That seems a bit odd to loose the EXP on a variant for simply selling the chasis.
2: I do not recall this happening in Closed Beta.
3: If I simply have to sell a chasis to work on another - why would I loose EXP on a specific chasis? Its not like I swapped accounts and am "new" all over again - I've already GOT 20+ hours of combat under my belt, why should I have to spend another 20 to regain what I just had?

Sorry but this I just simply scratch my head with and have to ask ... wt*?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,741 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

The purchase of the pilot items is tied to having that particular mech active. If you sold the mech the exp gained is this there but is unusable until you repurchase that mech. Repurchasing the mech will still show the pilot skilled purchased are still purchsaed/available. The xp has not been lost, it is currently unusable as long as that particular mech variant is not in the mech buy.

Now, if the Pilot tree items have all been purchased, if you want to convert the MXP to GXP, use the selector button. It does cost MC (purchased wit actual funds) for the conversion. But again, it is only available as long as there the mech is still in the mechbuy. If sold that mech, to made due with the XP, repurchase the mech.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 05 December 2012 - 09:51 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users