What To Buy Next?

7 replies to this topic

#1 LarkyMauler

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

My first Mech was a Cat k-2 and now It's time to decide on my second. So far I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the Cat C1 or a Jenner. Both options are quite tempting and I'm having trouble deciding between them. The C1 seems like it could be a blast with its two missile hard points and four energy. As well as getting me closer to the cat elite skills. (Did i mention I love cats?) As for the Jenner I kind of want to try out a light mech and it also has the advantage of being cheaper. Not to mention the cheaper repairs. Though then again I love cats and I'm not sure I'd like the thin armor...
So anyways let me know what you think my best option is. Don't limit your suggestions to just those two just don't suggest a 13mil Atlas. Anyways thanks in advance for any advice.

#2 Mithos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

I think, you should try elite skills asap - especially if you love cats.

#3 MasterofBlasters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 477 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that wouldn't you?

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Methinks ECM just gave you a reason to try the Commando, or the Raven at least.

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

You might want a smaller mech to help earn c-bills (cheaper repairs unless you scrimp on those) faster. Unless you are in a hurry to unlock elite skills, it's alright to try something else for now.

Jenner might not be a good buy right now with the current ECM craze but if you really want one it's alright to go for it. It's still pretty solid in itself.

You can also have a look at the HBK-4SP since it's cheap and works pretty well right out of the box for a medium mech. It can also carry your Cat's 260 engine to make it go past 80 kph (after some tweaking). It also goes well with the 245 engine from a Jenner.

#5 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Well, i honestly would go for the elit skills asap.
BUT, if you'd rather have a moneymaker, i would get a commando or maybe even a jenner.
And for a commando: i would even say to NOT get the ECM variant, but rather the laserboat variant... 1D or 1B, not sure.

#6 LarkyMauler

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Thanks for the help guys. As I'm only 2mil away from the C1 I'll probably just grab that and get a Jenner after that. Oh and how much do you guys usually spend on repairs for your light mechs?

Edited by LarkyMauler, 06 December 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#7 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I often run a Commando 3A with endo, ferro, DHS, and an XL engine--when I die messily (i.e. not just a simple core, lots of armor and internals stripped, tons of damage) even with all the upgrades, it'll set me back about 40,000. In a normal game, I don't pay more than 25k for repairs.

Edited by Hammerfinn, 06 December 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#8 LarkyMauler

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

That's pretty cheap especially considering you have about every repair increasing upgrade in the book!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users