Ejecting

21 replies to this topic

#21 Moppelkotze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationRuhrgebiet, Deutschland

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:57 AM

View PostSabbathiel, on 20 November 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

I would like to see the honor system set in place. If you are going crit and a warning light is flashing the enemy can offer you a Honorable eject. if you take this and survive the eject. you could land and keep safe till a trnsport. "medic" can not be harmed picks you up and takes you to a plqace you can respawn. if you opt to refuse the eject and die you will have a penalty, and a wound. something would be inparred, and it would stack as you reswan until the match is over. and what about scrap? the wining team should get all usable scrap. and the teams should only have so many mechs that they could respwn to. after 5 respawns you can only use a light mech. or damged mechs.or Elimental.  so many ways to do it. But fast respwning and instant back in battle will get boring and unfair. learn to use tactics and skill. and know if you lose your mech its GONE!  I think that would kill the dishonorable Kamikazi.. idea.
That may work 1on1 or 2on2 but I have other things to do than offer any save ejects when I'm fighting against 5 or more Mechs at a time.

View Postthat guy, on 20 November 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

A) because its realistic
:) you misunderstand the statement. It is up to the pilot when to ditch a burning mech. if they stay too long, and the CT or head gets totally destroyed the pilot is "killed" in the mech and then he gets no XP. if he ejects before the CT or head gets totally trashed, then he lives and gets what ever XP was earned during the round. simple ya?
Absolutly - so no one want's to get killed in his Mech so they stay behind the lines. And realistic? I guess some people just want to have fun. I don't want a sneaky splinter cell like Mechgame.In real wars the people are forced to fight as hard as they can to save their families.This will ever only be a game. You have no single reason to sacrifice yourself or put yourself or your Mech in danger.The rewarding system should perhaps be very team oriented as it will need a lot of teamplay in this game.

Edited by Moppelkotze, 21 November 2011 - 01:08 AM.

#22 Mr Mantis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

View Posttorgian, on 20 November 2011 - 06:53 PM, said:

I think you should be able to eject. If you do, you could spectate... while on foot. Can you imagine how scary it'd be to run around trying to avoid enemy mechs from shooting your poor little unprotected body?

Wow talk about a codeing nightmare! They would have to change the game entirly for a pointless feature. I would rather the game developers focus on the reasons people play. People play this game to pilot giant war machines.

I would love to see an eject as an automatic thing once you are destroyed. That way it takes as little time away from the devs as possable so they can work on more important aspects of the game. I do not support punishing players for playing the game. I think a penalty for getting killed and not ejecting in time would be mainly punishing light mechs because they can die quickly while other mechs can watch their armor depleate and time it with the damage.

I would think if you got shot in the head it would not show you ejecting. It already gives you a bunus in salvage if you can headshot someone rather than blowing off every limb. Maybe if penalties to experiance only happend when headshot (it is hard to head shot a light unless you leg it first).

They already have an eject (alt f4) it just does not have a pretty animation. lolz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users