Highly Recommened Classic Fanfiction: Soumi Warders

Fiction

9 replies to this topic

#1 minobu tetsuharu

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

Back in the day this was one of the best series made in the past decade. If you are interested in reading something, read chapters 1-19.

http://www.dropshipc...how=Dave_Wainio

Edited by Helmer, 20 June 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#2 Redburn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

+1 ... Definitely a good series to read!

Also, "Marion's Misfits" by Slade Geance

#3 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:14 AM

Just adding my 2 c-bills to this. I'm reading the first story, The Wages of Honour and it's really good. And this is coming from someone who finds the vast majority of BT Fic to be wince-inducing drivel (official stuff included).

#4 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:07 AM

Reading through the first story and I am unable to locate images or info on the 'Camelot' mech and the 'Star Destroyer' tank. Can anyone help me out? Or were these made up for the story?

#5 Redburn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

try this..... http://www.tro42.com...=CAM-A1_Camelot

#6 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

Cheers. He also mentions a 'Bifrost' but it appears to be some sort of C&C vehicle rather than a mech

#7 Poptart1

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

This story, right here.

I just wish i had the patience to write something this detailed.

Anyone know where a full download of the whole thing can be found?

EDIT: oh crap i just bumped.

This is what i get for not visiting the forums on a regular basis. :P

Edited by Poptart1, 05 June 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#8 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

The Camelot and Star Destroyers are custom creations done with TT rules. As are the VTOLs they pick up late in the series when Laide's Hawks become Warders. If memory serve me, everything else is from a TRO (including the Baltic Seranade Seeker dropship and the aerospace fighters). In a few instances I changed weapons (the two Bushwackers of Lawman and Ranger have different loadouts) and they have a Vulcan that is highly modded plus Gracie's Awesome gets changed partway through to have ER large lasers to make room for a C3 unit.

The Warders are using a non canon sorta Comstar C3i / C3 system. In the second series on Carver it is discovered that ComStar stole the early designs of the DEW C3 system and made it slightly better a few decades before John Linna fielded the prototype version with his unit.

It I merged all 18 chapters into one word doc it would be just under 2 megs. Not sure what I would get as a PDF. If there are a few of you that want one big doc (or maybe I might cut it in two) then maybe I can find some web space on my company site to host it for download.

Oh yeah, Bifrost is a command and control trailer. Basically I liked the images of a mech command center from the Mech Commander games and used that as a basis for the Bifrost trailer. I was unaware of any official reference to a vehicle named bifrost at the time, and choice the name for the nordic mythology connection.

Edited by SuomiWarder, 05 June 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#9 Svaje

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

Having grown up and living in Sweden, I realy liked the "genuine finnish"-feel of the series. Small details like the description of the medal-posts and the saunas that really could have made a finn reakt like the Warders. If you feel the inspiration, please continue writing ! :blink:

Thanks and take care !
/Svaje

#10 Baccus Membi

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

hanks - always looking for more reading!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users