Toned Down Cockpit Shake=Good

6 replies to this topic

#1 Death Mallet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Cockpit shake is still an issue - and I think not a bad element of gamplay.

But its definitely more manageable now which is a good thing.

If you're getting pounded by 2-3 enemy mechs. . . yeah you should be pretty out of it. But a 1-1 duel should not result in you being 'stunned' by cockpit shake.

Edited by Death Mallet, 09 December 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#2 deputydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 406 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

AC2s still shake you way to much ., I was in an altas and they were rocking me so hard I couldnt aim. They dont seem very toned down.

#3 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

View Postdeputydog, on 09 December 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

AC2s still shake you way to much ., I was in an altas and they were rocking me so hard I couldnt aim. They dont seem very toned down.

I believe there's a post in the "Command Chair" Section on when AC's get that adjustment as well as projectile speed in an upcoming patch.

#4 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

not sure if it's already like this,

but seems to me that it may be more effective if they have the shake also take into account mech mass.

just from a thought but an ac2 shouldn't even faze an atlas, where as it should make a commando stumble a bit.

just my $0.02

#5 Death Mallet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

I thought they had implemented some change to the autocannon shake already. Maybe its just I'm not getting pelted by storms of LRMs as much anymore.

View Postskarrd, on 09 December 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

but seems to me that it may be more effective if they have the shake also take into account mech mass.

just from a thought but an ac2 shouldn't even faze an atlas, where as it should make a commando stumble a bit.

just my $0.02

That is a great idea. I wonder if that's something they can implement without too much difficulty.

Just something as easy as cockpit shake = 100% - (tonnage/2)

Edited by Death Mallet, 10 December 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#6 Justin Xang Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

View Postskarrd, on 09 December 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

just my $0.02

Ya an a/c 20 shell is bigger than the commandos torsos, but won't even phase it but if you hit it with an a/c2it reels back lol.
Of course it should be able to aniahalate a commando but u seem to need to hit it twice with an AC/20...........

#7 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

View PostDeath Mallet, on 10 December 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

I thought they had implemented some change to the autocannon shake already. Maybe its just I'm not getting pelted by storms of LRMs as much anymore.

That is a great idea. I wonder if that's something they can implement without too much difficulty.

Just something as easy as cockpit shake = 100% - (tonnage/2)

View PostJustin Xang Allard, on 10 December 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Ya an a/c 20 shell is bigger than the commandos torsos, but won't even phase it but if you hit it with an a/c2it reels back lol.
Of course it should be able to aniahalate a commando but u seem to need to hit it twice with an AC/20...........

I know they did some changes to reduce the shock you get from being hit with an AC/2, 5, and 10.

but it just seems like it may be more benifical to have the cockpit shake take into account the mech's mass when dealing with shake, as well as hit location.

Ideally, something like an atlas should only get shooken up if it's a heavy caliber shot, and even then probably only if its a hit toward the top of the mech. But a small mech like a commando should get knocked on it's face from an ac/20 to the back (and that's if it's still alive after it too)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users