Heavy Mechs: What would you like to see?

306 replies to this topic

Poll: Next Heavy Mech (341 member(s) have cast votes)

What Heavy Mech should be the next?

1. Jagermech (31 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Quickdraw (1 votes [0.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.29%

3. Voted Orion (116 votes [34.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.02%

4. Cataphract (15 votes [4.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.40%

5. Guillotine (10 votes [2.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.93%

6. Grasshopper (30 votes [8.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.80%

7. Axman (17 votes [4.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.99%

8. Caesar (14 votes [4.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.11%

9. Black Knight (69 votes [20.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.23%

10. Bombardier (2 votes [0.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.59%

11. Champion (7 votes [2.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.05%

12. Exterminator (9 votes [2.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.64%

13. Flashman (17 votes [4.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.99%

14. Lancelot (3 votes [0.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 Jonas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHot Springs Ar.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

I went for the Axman, I dont care if the Ax is just for looks I want one.

#182 Korbyn McColl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 402 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Given the limitations, I went for the Orion. But I see no reason at all to exclude the Reseen. So I'd greatly prefer the Warhammer.

#183 ilkhan

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

I am yet to see any artwork for the black knight that looks good. What we have seen from the mechlab videos is that the stock configurations shouldn't be what we are thinking about, but the overall look of the mech.

For this poll I voted Orion. Jagermech and Cataphract were others I was considering as the Jagermech would feel missing if it wasn't there (and lots of ballistic slots), and the Cataphract was the first TT mini I owned, features jump variants and is different enough to the others while being fairly common in the cannon.

#184 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

View Postmonky, on 17 May 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

The Dev's already held votes for all mech types they are currently considering that they haven't already internally confirmed/denied.

search 'heavy mech' etc and look for a post by garth.

Please note; as in the case of the cicada/dervish, they may not go with the poll results anyways.

You mean this one? http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Hmm... there isn't much option there... and just by looking the mechs, I doubt that was a pool endorsed by the devs...
BTW, the topic is locked.

#185 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostOdanan, on 17 May 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

Most people who want these mechs (specially Warhammer and Marauder) in the game (me included) are asking for the unseen design. It's how we got to know them - how we felt in love for them. Adding these mechs with the reseen look is for some "no point" and for others just insulting.

Damn, if is the name Warhammer you want, you can name your tunned Jagermech as Warhammer.

The warhammer and Jaeger are comparable only in weight. One is designed to hunt aircraft and plink away at light vehicles, and the other was a solid mech that could handle everything from other heavy's (and reasonably threaten assault mechs) all the way down to infantry, attack or defend, provide support in a lance or duel with the best of them...

Really, the jaeger is just terribly ineffective against other mechs if you aren't either upgrading it's weapons to Ultra, fending off aircraft/ light vehicles or using sub munitions (which I haven't heard anything about).

While I'd prefer to have the unseen versions of the mechs, some of the reseen versions (such as the crusader, goliath and archer) look better as reseen.

#186 Blechritter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

i will an t-bold or an crusader.but booth are unseen.
i hope for orion or grasshopper
fack of black knigth

#187 Arikiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

What I'd like to see is the Grasshopper. As the poll asked what should be next, rather what I personally would like to see, I voted for the Orion.

#188 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

I had to vote for the Caeser. I love that mechs arsenal. Although i wouldn't mind a orion, blacknight, or a champion. I would like my crusader though.

#189 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Orion is by far the most Iconic of all Heavy Mechs, a very common workhorse used by all Houses and most Mercs. It's ugly and yet it's beautiful. It needs to be part of the game.

I LIKE a lot of the other mechs in the list. Many are more optimized, but none have the Orion's "I walking tank, I am BATTLEMECH" charm.

Edited by verybad, 17 May 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#190 CloudCobra

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAnchorage,AK

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

Until i can pilot a summoner or warhawk or any clan mech the Orion Aleksandr Kerensky's war horse is good enough for me. :D

#191 LackofCertainty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

My #1 choice would be a Reseen Warhammer.
Sure, the original art is very pretty, but it's stolen. Get over it and accept the Reseen look. That doesn't really matter though, since the real reason why I love the Warhammer isn't because of it's looks, but what's inside: 2 PPCs, 2 MLs, 2SLs, 2 MGs and an SRM-6.

(btw, if you are "offended" at the thought of the reseen, you need to grow up)

My #2 choice would be an Orion.

The heavy category needs a slow burly beast, and the orion fits that role pretty durn well.

If either of those make it in, then I'd like to see a jagermech as the 4th heavy. (very unique loadout and I'd like to play around with all those ballistic hardpoints)

#192 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

I like the Guillotine or Grasshopper most for the next heavy. Either is a solid brawler with jump jets and a primarily laser-based arsenal. Of the two, I think the Guillotine has much better upgrade variants, so it gets my vote.

My (very close) runner up would be an Orion. The heavy "workhorse" role would be a good one to fill, and I think that the Orion is the most distinctive choice for it. I'd also like the Flashman here, but the Awesome is already a distinct energy-boat, so I'd prefer the variety of the Orion. The Black Knight is a very distant runner-up to either of these, as it has quite thin armor, is canonically rare, and I hated the ugly thing it morphed into in MW4. (A Cataphract would honestly be a better option than a Black Knight, though I do rather like the looks of the original Black Knight.)

I like the Quickdraw and Lancelot a lot, but the role of a fast heavy is already filled by the Dragon, the role of fire support is mostly filed by the Catapult, and the Quickdraw really has more characteristics of a fast medium brawler - which would be a good role to fill, but I think a heavy brawler/workhorse is more in need right now.

Now, looking at the big picture, there remains the question of what will fill in for a final assault, as well. If we get a Grasshopper or Guillotine as a heavy, I think we should get a Stalker as an assault. If we get an Orion as a heavy, we should get a Victor as an assault. That way the agile heavy brawler and mixed range workhorse/slugger roles get filled either way.

#193 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostLackofCertainty, on 17 May 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

My #1 choice would be a Reseen Warhammer.
Sure, the original art is very pretty, but it's stolen. Get over it and accept the Reseen look. That doesn't really matter though, since the real reason why I love the Warhammer isn't because of it's looks, but what's inside: 2 PPCs, 2 MLs, 2SLs, 2 MGs and an SRM-6.

(btw, if you are "offended" at the thought of the reseen, you need to grow up)

My #2 choice would be an Orion.

The heavy category needs a slow burly beast, and the orion fits that role pretty durn well.

If either of those make it in, then I'd like to see a jagermech as the 4th heavy. (very unique loadout and I'd like to play around with all those ballistic hardpoints)

On the contrary, I DO love the Warhammer more for its looks then its armament.

Posted Image

#194 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostZakatak, on 17 May 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

On the contrary, I DO love the Warhammer more for its looks then its armament.

Posted Image

Told you...

#195 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Here's a brief history of mech polls;

Garth once ran a mech poll for each weight class (20-100 tons) then for each type class (light medium heavy assault) based on the winners for each WEIGHT class. That is what the Heavy Showdown poll is. These lists where compiled with a high level of timeline and 'able to be included' accuracy. At one point the Awesome was taken out of one of them, and a month later - we have the Awesome confirmed.

I'll let you draw the full list of ramifications here, but suffice to say - all mechs that CAN be in the game have been considered and polled by the devs themselves. The forum is being spammed by these things, at least 2 or 3 a day. All I am asking is that people use the search feature and review (yes, even the locked) threads.

#196 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Postmonky, on 17 May 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

Here's a brief history of mech polls;

Garth once ran a mech poll for each weight class (20-100 tons) then for each type class (light medium heavy assault) based on the winners for each WEIGHT class. That is what the Heavy Showdown poll is. These lists where compiled with a high level of timeline and 'able to be included' accuracy. At one point the Awesome was taken out of one of them, and a month later - we have the Awesome confirmed.

I'll let you draw the full list of ramifications here, but suffice to say - all mechs that CAN be in the game have been considered and polled by the devs themselves. The forum is being spammed by these things, at least 2 or 3 a day. All I am asking is that people use the search feature and review (yes, even the locked) threads.

Cool, I didn't know that.
Anyway, with the old pools locked, that's a good place to resume - specially for those who didn't vote yet.

#197 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

The following caught my attention -

Lancelot: Got a kick-*** weapons loadout of all energy for only being 60 tons ( PPC, 2 large lasers, and a medium laser ) with thirteen double heatsinks to keep it cool. Oh yeah 97km/h?! for a top speed! holy crap!

Caesar: This is probably the mech I'd most like to see included. Gauss rifle and PPC for ranged attacks, backed up by 4 medium lasers

tie Flashman: If I had to pick one mech from the list, it would probably be the Flashman. With 3 x large lasers, 5 x medium lasers,and a flamer this mech is close to my own heart as its class 5 ( all energy weapons in the old leagues) Replace the standard heatsinks with doubles and id be unstoppable :D Has also got a AMS to boot.

tie Black Knight: Then again this here mech might also be the one mech i'd pick ;) Armed with a PPC, 2x large lasers, 4 x medium lasers, and a small laser.

#198 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

lol quickdraw had NO votes rofl, the Orion is good im surprised the Champion had so few it wasnt TOO bad was it?

#199 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostMota Prefect, on 17 May 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

The following caught my attention -

Lancelot: Got a kick-*** weapons loadout of all energy for only being 60 tons ( PPC, 2 large lasers, and a medium laser ) with thirteen double heatsinks to keep it cool. Oh yeah 97km/h?! for a top speed! holy crap!

Caesar: This is probably the mech I'd most like to see included. Gauss rifle and PPC for ranged attacks, backed up by 4 medium lasers

tie Flashman: If I had to pick one mech from the list, it would probably be the Flashman. With 3 x large lasers, 5 x medium lasers,and a flamer this mech is close to my own heart as its class 5 ( all energy weapons in the old leagues) Replace the standard heatsinks with doubles and id be unstoppable :D Has also got a AMS to boot.

tie Black Knight: Then again this here mech might also be the one mech i'd pick ^_^ Armed with a PPC, 2x large lasers, 4 x medium lasers, and a small laser.

3 energy boats in 4 mechs. OK, you are officially a Red Line Pilot. ;)

View PostVectoron, on 17 May 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

lol quickdraw had NO votes rofl, the Orion is good im surprised the Champion had so few it wasnt TOO bad was it?

The Champion has too few armor. I wouldn't pick one.

#200 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostOdanan, on 17 May 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

3 energy boats in 4 mechs. OK, you are officially a Red Line Pilot. :D

This much is for certain ;)

Edited by Mota Prefect, 17 May 2012 - 06:30 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users