First Spout Of Bug Issues Today.

2 replies to this topic

#1 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Well, it's finally happened, I managed to trigger yellow screen, black screen, and 4fps bugs in one session today, and think I have some insight into the server disconnect bug.

After about 30 matches I ran into the yellow screen, 2nd time I've seen it and as far as I can tell from reading about and what it's doing it's the transparent yellow lines in the hud mis-reading their size.

About 10 matches later I hit what quickly turned into a black screen error - unlike the one I booted into previously, this one the video loaded flashed a few times then went black. I just waited the match out for giggles.

Another 10-15 matches later I hit my 1 and only 4fps bug. This was after a quick death/exit and I don't think the vid ram had a chance to fully unload before I relaunched in another mech.

One match 50 or so in I hit a weird one where my reticule was stuck off screen to the right. And on another I started the match with yellowed armor all around.

I spent a few days testing for the server disconnect error and have found that when you die, quit, drop and end up with 3-4 simultaneous mechs locked in matches this happens almost every time. Otherwise I've not gotten this error sans random packet drops on my isp's end.

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

If a mod catches this, I hit the wrong general link before I posted this, could you flip it into general, general?

#3 Socket7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCapping your base

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hey look! A bug report with details! What a change of pace

This Low FPS bug, does it happen to look a little like this?

Normally my framerate stays in the 30-70 range through even the worst firefights. In this match, I encountered a HUGE FPS drop whenever I was looking at my enemy. This occurred both when I was in my mech, and in spectator mode. The only thing unusual about the match that I could tell is my opponents were using flamers. LOTS of flamers.

I've seen an interesting thing about the yellow screen bug as well. I've never gotten it on my mech when I drop, but last night I saw it crop up a few times in spectator mode, but only on some peoples mechs. I could spectate on everyone elses mechs, but one persons would have a yellow screen bug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users