Repair With Salvage

1 reply to this topic

#1 Parmeggido

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

As I'm sure many are aware, the current salvage system can give some very nice bonuses, especially if every one works together and manages to leg or blow out the cockpit of most of the enemy team. This is great, but all the salvage (I believe I've seen that salvage is 5% of unblasted components, split between the team, feel free to correct me) seems like it could be put to more efficient use. Why sell that armor laying around on the field instead of slapping on your own mech?

Basically: change salvage to affect the repair/rearm costs instead of adding credits to the win bonus.

I'm thinking in simple terms of something like reducing a winning teams repair/rearm costs by something like 50%.

Pros:
Get out what you put in. If you use a lot of ammo, or take a lot of hits as a brawler, your reward is affected less because your repair bill gets slashed.

Cons:
Encourages high ammo builds, could cause a rise in the numbers of missile boats etc as it would make them much less risky to run in terms of cost effectiveness.

Possible drop in good shot discipline, because the way an enemy mech is destroyed no longer affects the end of match payout.

Feel free to critique, call it dumb, rave over it as awesome, point out at some time its been posted before (if it has), fix my grammar, etc.

Edited by Parmeggido, 09 December 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#2 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

You're not the first to suggest something like this. I think there's a lot of support for something like this in tue community but several other things about how the game attributes c-bills and rewards in general need to be fixed before something like this can happen.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users