Drg-1C Build Ideas Anyone?

20 replies to this topic

#1 Gaius Quentius Quentii

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

As I try to see if it's my dragon Lefty (LT: 2xERPPC, LA: 2xMPL, RA: 1xMG) or me that sucks, I decided to check if any of you have any ideas for the 1C variant. So anyone have a loadout that works for them?

#2 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

An XL 320 and 4 LLAS worked wonders for me. I think I trimmed some armour off the legs to fit in some extra sinks.

Heat is very manageable and the LLAS allows you to put out some excellent pinpoint damage. The DRGs speed and the LLAS range lets you dictate where the fight is going to happen.

It certainly isn't the most imaginative build, but I like it.

#3 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

View PostQuentius, on 11 December 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

As I try to see if it's my dragon Lefty (LT: 2xERPPC, LA: 2xMPL, RA: 1xMG) or me that sucks, I decided to check if any of you have any ideas for the 1C variant. So anyone have a loadout that works for them?

2 PPCs (let alone ER) run very hot, very fast, that entire build seems too hot. Swapping out for regular PPCs could help.

#4 Derric Willhelm

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

I personally like a 300XL with:

RA: Gauss with 4 tons of ammo
LA: 2 ML
LT: 2 MPL
DHS
Endo

36 alpha when you need it. Start most games sniping with heat vision + gauss. Join up with the team and start picking off weak guys with the gauss + ML's. Use the MPL's for a alpha strike trying to finish someone off. Dargon's are pretty fast and can circle behind an Atlas looking at someone else in no time. Repeated 36 alpha's to the back armor of an Atlas cores him pretty quick. I skip the missile hard point in favor of more heat sinks and gauss ammo.

I have broke 1000 damage with this build and scored five kills on a few occassions.

#5 X0mbie

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

I started using an AC10 in the RA and 2 Large Lasers in the LA and it's one of my most effective mechs. I usually end winning matches with a couple of kills and 5-6 assists, but I've gone several matches with 4+ kills. I'm also running an XL300 and a lot of DHS and heat efficiency is about 1.28 (going from memory).

My lasers are my big punch with the AC10 as a secondary weapon. With the heat efficiency I have, I can get around 6-7 shots with the two large lasers before having to take a break to cool down (but can still fire the AC10 while cooling).

#6 Sinthrow

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

ac 5 or Uac 5
srm 6
2 LL
DHS
xl300

its quick, its fun, and packs a good punch. the large lasers do most of the work, srms for close range and ac 5 if im a little warm or have found the lag spot.
I have run ac10 and 2LL also, it works well its the 6pack that adds to the fun factor.
Cheers

#7 MrLiNcH

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

Right now running UAC5, SRM6, 2ML (RA), MPL, Endo and DHS with just Std 300. Someone made the analogy to play it like cavalry, not a brawler. Have an entry and exit plan and keep peppering them. Get avg 300 dmg with this build and lots of assists.

Plan to upgrade to XL320 and with extra weight add another MPL soon.

Look at this thread for more details too: http://mwomercs.com/...advanced-guide/

#8 malibu43

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

I'm running a STD300 engine with DHS and ES while I try to save up for a 300XL.

AC5
SRM6
4 x MLAS

Works pretty well as long as I keep move parallel to the line of engagment.

#9 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

I've been running mine with:
U-AC/5 (2-3 tons ammo)
ER PPC (torso)
2 MPLs (arm)

XL 315 Engine
Endo-Steel Structure
Double Heat Sinks

It works well at medium-long ranges, and doesn't run too hot as long as you don't overuse the ER PPC at closer ranges. It plays like a fire support/ flanker with some sniping ability. Start off further back and suppress a few enemy mechs to get them seperated, then move in to medium range once things get started to take out the already damaged mechs with burst fire.

#10 Vodrin Thales

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 869 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I like short range brawling so mine is 300XL engine, 14 DHS, LB-10X, SRM6, 4 MLS. 45 Alpha at close range, nearly 90KPH with speed tweak, and not terribly hot, although you do occasionally have to limit yourself to firing the autocannon and SRM only for 5-10 seconds until you cool down a little.

#11 sahome

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Gauss ( 3 tons ammo)
4 Ml
Srm4 or 6 ( 1 ton ammo )
Xl300
endosteel
around 360 armor

after that it depends
13-15 double hs , atm its 15 but i can tune down in favor of more ammo or more armor which only benefits in the legs cause the rest is maxed out at around 360

#12 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

My Favorite load out right now:

XL325
x13 DHS
Endo
AC10 x 2 tons of ammo
PPC
x2 meds in the chest.

You can generously use all weapons without worrying too much about heat.

When you get close to shutdown just back off the PPC and use the Med's and AC10 until you cool down enough.

Edited by Carrioncrows, 12 December 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#13 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

The build I've used for a long time is pretty standard. 1xAC10, 4MLs, 1xSRM4 with XL325, endo and DHS. I also run it with a GR, 4MLs as well - I seem to do just as well in either.

#14 Swiftfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

My current favourite 1C is:

300XL
endo-steel
DHS
max armour
LRM10 w/ 2 tons ammo (That's right I still use LRMs)
4 ML
AC/2 w/ 3 tons ammo

Heat has never been an issue with this build and I can get 2-3 kill per match.

#15 Donalbain

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

1 Gauss (3 tons ammo)
2 PPCs
XL300 (87kph w/ speed tweak)
DHS
Endo
272 armor (you don't really need much more...this covers full CT & side armor & almost full arm armor which is all that really matters on Dragons)

Consistent and accurate 35 damage snipes, usually no problem breaking 700 damage in pugs, with at least 2 kills). The only thing to watch out for is lights and mediums rushing you. Just make sure you stick to your team for cover.

Alternatively, if you don't like to be so vulnerable at short range:

1 Gauss (2 tons ammo)
1 PPC
1 LL
2 SRM4s (1 ton ammo) (maybe 2 SSRMS if ECM wasn't so ridiculous)
XL300 (87kph w/ speed tweak)
DHS
Endo
272 armor

25 snipes which are less problematic heat wise, with the LL good for both padding the alpha and giving protection against rushers (along with the SRM4s). Just remember that you still want to keep your distance with this build, you still aren't much of a straight up brawler.

Edited by Donalbain, 12 December 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#16 Gaius Quentius Quentii

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thanks, guys. Definitely giving me a number of options. And food for thought -- like do I want no-min-range ERPPCs or less heat, and maybe it's time to go back to GRs?

All this also has me thinking more on close-up alpha strikes and saving the torso-mounteds for that purpose...maybe even swapping out the ERPPCs for LPLs, abandoning the long-range fight altogether.

Not that there's been much of that for me recently. :lol:

#17 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

360 XL Engine
DHS
Endo Steel
2 Large lasers
2 Medium Lasers
1 SRM6
+ Max armor -2 points on the legs = omfgbbqsauce

This dragon moves at 104.7 with speed tweak. It can ''scout'' in a pinch, it can flank enemies, it can disrupt enemy forces, it can out run all but lights.
Enjoy :lol:
That's right it doesn't use the ballistic arm at all. Actually it does. The ballistic arm is a great shield for your torso.

Edited by Mavairo, 13 December 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#18 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

300 XL Engine
DHS
Endo Steel
3 Large Lasers
SRM6

I was running 4 large lasers for a while but in a massive brawl, it can run hot so I removed one large laser and put in an srm6.

#19 dianeofthemoon

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Why not go for a pseudo Grand Dragon?

360 XL
DHS + ES

ER PPC
3 Med Lasers
LRM 10+2 Tons Ammo+C.A.S.E

You're playing long-range fire support, but you do it extremely well.

#20 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

I've been running:

xl 345
AC/5 2 tons ammo
ER PPC
3 Medium Lasers

Endo and Double Heat Sinks

Runs fast, doesn't get too hot, can hit at just about any range.

You could also drop one of the MLasers to add a UAC/5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users