Federated Suns vs. Clan Wolf-in-Exile

12 replies to this topic

#1 DampFrijoles

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Before I go into this any further, please keep in mind that I don't know much about BattleMech canon - I have pretty much just played the computer games. So, if what I say/ask seems ridiculous or stupid, don't hassle me too much.

Anyway, I've been doing research on the Inner Sphere houses and on the various Clans. And what I've found is that the two groups that meet my beliefs are the Federated Suns and Clan Wolf-in-Exile. In a nutshell, my beliefs are respect for freebirths and equality for everyone - an honorable and "good" society, if you will.

I don't know much about Clan Wolf-in-Exile, and I guess the same can be said about my knowledge of the Federated Suns. So, can anyone explain more about those two factions and which better "fits" my beliefs?

Thanks

#2 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Send me a PM.

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

CW-i-E are going to be a while from now... :) Clan Wolf still has all their Wardens though, so you can roll with the until CW splits.

#4 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Well, PurpleShore, you can decide between them, but being a Fed Sun, every single man in the univers will hate you and you'd be just one of many unknown millions Fed Suns recruit for their writer bias. Being from a Clan in exile, you can make a name for yourself and pilots of IS will actually like you. :)

#5 Codius Dakanius

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationTornado Alley

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostAdridos, on 15 May 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

Well, PurpleShore, you can decide between them, but being a Fed Sun, every single man in the univers will hate you and you'd be just one of many unknown millions Fed Suns recruit for their writer bias. Being from a Clan in exile, you can make a name for yourself and pilots of IS will actually like you. :)

Which is funny since we have the most members, so if you want to listen to a murderer from house Liao go a head.

#6 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostCodius Dakanius, on 15 May 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

...so if you want to listen to a murderer from house Liao go a head.

I haven't killed anyone... yet. :)

#7 Arnie1808

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 546 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Have a read of this -

On 21 April 3036, Maximilian Liao committed suicide. Romano was inducted as Chancellor on 12 May that same year. Now vested with the full authority as sovereign of the realm, Romano reorganized the Confederation as she saw fit. She purged the Maskirovka and appointed Tsen Shang, her long-time lover, as its director. All those known to have associated with Justin Allard or any other Davion spies were put to death, including former Director Chandra Ling. With an iron grip, Romano consolidated power in the Confederation and tied the military, intelligence service, and assassin's guild to her so that they would not be used against her.
Chancellor Liao was extremely paranoid, perhaps in part because of the ease in which spies like Justin Allard infiltrated the Confederation during her father's reign. It was not unknown for her to implant tracking chips in the heads of palace staff, or even have them all killed and replaced during a bout of paranoia. It even became so bad that she alienated Tsen Shang, though he never left or betrayed her.

So you like being ruled by a mad dictator do ya? Have you got a chip implanted in your skull?

*By the way he didn't commit suicide (Romano killed her own father)

Edited by Arnie1808, 15 May 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#8 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

to get you started.

http://www.sarna.net.../Federated_Suns

but by the time u get to the time line your talking about:
http://www.sarna.net...ed_Commonwealth
http://www.sarna.net...n_Wolf_in_Exile
http://www.sarna.net...edCom_Civil_War

#9 THE 4thbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 67 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

The Clan Wolf in exile was created when Ulric Kerensky, Natasha Kerensky, and Phelan Ward (he was Ward at the time) made a suicidal run across Jade Falcon occupation zone to stop the clans from crossing into the Inner sphere and breaking the 15 year truce of tukyid. in the suicidal run, Ulric went one way, Natasha another (both of them taking the brunt of the Jade falcons defenses) and Phelan went to stop an invading Jade Falcon force that was going to attack the Innersphere. Ulric died in a betrayal of a Falcon khan, Natasha died after facing several pilots in one on one combat, and Phelan was able to eak out a victory against the invading force. do to another betrayal of khan chisdu the Wolves were exorbed, Phelan (now Phelan Kell) decided to create the Wolves in exile. with a little help from his father Morgan kell, Phelan created the the arc royal corridon force to protect against any other attempts to cross the border, thus creating the Wolves in exile.

#10 THE 4thbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 67 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

the Fed Suns have basically been the 1000 pound Gaurilla in the room ever since the star league fell, this is not to say that there hasn't been other Houses that haven't risen to power and been a force in the innersphere, all i am saying is that the Fed Suns have been one of the most constant powers in the Innersphere.

#11 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostArnie1808, on 15 May 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

So you like being ruled by a mad dictator do ya? Have you got a chip implanted in your skull?

If we liked it, wouldn't Romano die of old age?

Last I read about it, House Imarra smuggled her sister from St. Ives into the Celestial Palace and let her kill Romano. :)

#12 Arnie1808

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 546 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

You've still got 3 years of being ruled by the crazy ****** ;)

#13 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

View PostArnie1808, on 16 May 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

You've still got 3 years of being ruled by the crazy ****** :rolleyes:

Well, Romano isn't our ruler. Some associated dev is.

Still better than Kuritans ruled by Paul. :wacko:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users