8 Kill Game!

39 replies to this topic

#1 Antonius Prime

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I have had my share of 5 and 6 kill games.

I have had a couple 7 kill games.

Here it is! My first 8 kill game!

I don't usually like to show off, but I thought this should be shared with the community.

Posted Image

Edited by Antonius Prime, 11 December 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#2 Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSt Catharines, Ontario.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Cherry picking at its finest. No assists : (

#3 xenoglyph

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Despite what the haters say, you couldn't get 8 kills if you didn't have some skill. Congrats.

To the less than observant posters above me: crazyborse took the SS, Antonius Prime posted it.

Edited by xenoglyph, 10 November 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#4 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

View PostDawg, on 10 November 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

lmao

#5 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

big whoop, if it was 8 kills and your using a jenner then i'd be impressed but as it stands now aand kills being the only stat counted, the stats count for jack and crap.

8 kills yes you did fine, but how often was that your the last shot in that fight, aka kill stole from yuor team or did they call you in for fire support with your 3 lrm 15 artemis, it's not hard to get a stat to say anything if you try hard enough.

i'd get 8 kill games to if i organise my group to let me get the kill shots

#6 Lorcan Lladd

• 1,037 posts

View PostDawg, on 10 November 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Obviously not - you don't get assists for your own killshots.
It was a stellar perfomance, and it seems as though the opposing players on the top of the list have also done well.

Edited by Lorcan Lladd, 11 November 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#7 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts
  • LocationVictoria Australia

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Grats on nabbing the last tiny bit of damage on 8 mechs. Does not really prove much... you just got lucky in stealing the kills from your team mates.

#8 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostHades Trooper, on 10 November 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

big whoop, if it was 8 kills and your using a jenner then i'd be impressed but as it stands now aand kills being the only stat counted, the stats count for jack and crap.

8 kills yes you did fine, but how often was that your the last shot in that fight, aka kill stole from yuor team or did they call you in for fire support with your 3 lrm 15 artemis, it's not hard to get a stat to say anything if you try hard enough.

i'd get 8 kill games to if i organise my group to let me get the kill shots

You are just plain nasty arent you?
well done op. Dont let the morons get you down.

Edited by KharnZor, 10 November 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#9 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Impressive damage and 8 kills. Nothing to sneeze at. Good work.

#10 Dremster

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationSkye Federation

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Great job OP! That is a lot of damage for a hunchback. That doesn't imply kill stealing you may have stole 1 or 2 of them, but 900+ damage says you definitely pulled your weight.

#11 Statius

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Cherry picking?

Let's compare the stats on his team.

OP's avg dm/kill = 124.5

the average damage per assist of his mates:

Most damage, most kills and highest average damage per kill.

Well done OP.

#12 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image

GJ anyway, stealing kills and all.

#13 Card

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLenoir, NC

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostHades Trooper, on 10 November 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

The ******** is strong with this one.

#14 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostStatius, on 10 November 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Most damage, most kills and highest average damage per kill.

This.

Not normally one to defend these kind of threads, but the folks calling it "kill-stealing" need to look at the numbers again.

#15 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

I was there. Our team was all dead in the first five minutes (we got a little overaggressive and competely scattered and overextended). He isolated two from the rest after we'd all died after taking out a couple in the wild melee, and then 1v1 the last three or four of his kills. It was awesome to watch.

Edited by cRaZy8or5e, 11 November 2012 - 02:27 AM.

#16 Grimm Gunn

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis MO

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

I got the play by play from Prime's Lance after that match. There was no reports of kill steals. And most of the kills were one on one to boot. I've dropped with and against Prime all to many times to see him in action.
BTW.... He was the LAST man left and finished the last 4 kills SOLO ...
Haters gotta hate...
Bravo say I....

Edited by Grimm Gunn, 11 November 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#17 Antonius Prime

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

To those who have offered congratulations: Thank you.

Since there is also a bunch of hate flying I will tell you the story. That and because it is a cool story.

My friend did the screenshot (hence the green line on his name), so that was not my Centurion cockpit. I was in a Cicada. I don't really need to prove myself to anyone. It was great fun just to enjoy it with the 3 guys in TS3 with me. I won't make too many posts after this that explain or defend unless someone has a genuine question they want me to answer.

Here goes.

Forest Colony w/Snow. I went to the right (water side). I poked my head around the terrain with Thermal View. I saw that most of their team was on land, so I ran around to try to begin capping and draw some of their team back, splitting them up. On my way, I encountered a K2 with a Guass, LLas, and a few other Lasers. I dueled and downed it and then saw an Awesome in the creek bed firing out at me. I moved in and killed it along with a Commando who joined him. (That is 3 kills so far all untouched Mechs.)

I start capping and then two teammates joined in the cap zone. I look up and see that we have 3 kills and they have 5, so us three are the only ones left. At this point I figure if they get on our cap, they would outpace us. If they charged back to their base, they would likely stomp the 3 of us. My team was a Hunchback and a Centurion. I assumed I was the fastest, so I charged out from their base. I hoped to either skirmish the enemy away from my team while they capped, or to get on our base to hold them off while my team finished the cap.

As I charged out, I encountered two enemy Mechs just across the land bridge. They were fairly beat up. I took those two down (5 kills) and looked up to see that the other team had 7 kills. My teammates had been taken down and had stopped capping. The cap only had about two ticks left before we would have won.

I charge back into their base and hope to sneak out the capture win while skirmishing with the enemy. It was a Jenner and a Yen Lo Wang. I took out the Jenner and started in on the Yen Lo. The Yen Lo was still yellow in the armor at worst. I was orange in one spot and yellow everywhere else except one arm had no armor.

Just then I see that our base had started to be capped. I debated for just a few seconds while dueling the Yen Lo. Could I defeat him and get those two ticks before the other guy capped? I decided not to take the chance. I ran from the base and back to ours. It was a Hunchback who had good armor in the front, but his back armor had been peeled off and had yellow structure. I dueled him to his demise and then ran back to their base, keeping my eyes open for the Yen Lo. I didn't see him anywhere so I charged up by the radar tower and into the enemy base.

The Yen Lo had stayed put, knowing that two ticks was all that was needed for him to lose. I dueled him and at last I took him down. The game was over. 8 kills. My teammates had softened some of them up. Still, not a single kill steal. Never once was I engaging enemies at the same time as another teammate.

Edited by Antonius Prime, 11 November 2012 - 03:22 AM.

#18 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

8 kills and only 201.xxx C-bills reward.
You sir are a serious opportunist on other warriors work :)
None the less nice work. Its pretty hard to ceap track of the battlefield, don't get killed and hit them at the right time.
I have a challange for you.
Gather more than 310.000 C-bills in one game, and you may adress me again :)

#19 Antonius Prime

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

lols.

Those weren't my rewards. They were my friend's who took the screenshot. Notice where the green line is. His name, not mine.

I was too shaken up to even notice my earnings. I'm sure someone could help with the math. How much is a kill bonus? How much is Damage bonus? My exp was 1,586. That might give some clue into the C-Bill total. I dunno.

Edited by Antonius Prime, 11 November 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#20 th3 fr4gil3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 101 posts
  • Locationbristol, england, a small blue/green Planet somewhere in the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 11 November 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

8 kills and only 201.xxx C-bills reward.

gonna have to call you on this mate.
the screenshot was taken by crazyhorse not mr prime, so the cbill/xp breakdown you're seeing is crazyhorses NOT mr primes.
so we easily assume that he earned well above 200k for that drop.
as for the opportunist comment, read up as someone already broke down the average damage done to each mech for mr prime and his team.
rest of team averaged at most 75 damage per assist, whereas mr prime averaged 150 damage per kill.

as for all the haters, shut the hell up.
this is a team game, there is no kill stealing in team games, you lot need to sod off back to whatever FFA rock you crawled out from under.

EDIT:
hey Ant, not sure of how much you get per kill, but damage bonus is 10x damage done, so over 9k for damage alone. even if kill bonus was = to assist bonus that would be 16k there.

EDIT2: confirmed, kills are 2k each, same as assists.

Edited by th3 fr4gil3, 11 November 2012 - 04:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users