MWT Anyone Else Excited?

41 replies to this topic

#21 RangerRob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEarthworks Inc., Cataphract Plant, Tikonov

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

View PostRedDragon, on 22 May 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

Looking at their mech designs, I thank every possible god out here that we got someone like Flying Debris doing the concept work for MWO. The mechs over at MWT look ugly as hell.

Look at that Hunchback... not even the right (pun intended) torso for the AC/20...

http://cdn.gamerant....ack_concept.jpg

Yeah seems like the images got inverted somehow. Dragon has the weapon on the wrong arm.

And since when did the Atlas get an LRM10 in each leg?!?!?

I'll still check it out.

#22 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

I'm a tad concerned that they're brutalizing the source material with a 10 foot clown pole.

We'll see.

#23 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

Just Saiyan, the Friends and Family started today. We are NOT receiving Beta keys for the Closed Beta 1 today, but soon.

http://www.mwtactics...-clarification/

#24 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostRangerRob, on 22 May 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

Yeah seems like the images got inverted somehow. Dragon has the weapon on the wrong arm.

And since when did the Atlas get an LRM10 in each leg?!?!?

I'll still check it out.

I thought that myself at first, but the numbers and decals on the mechs are'n mirrored, so the images aren't either, I'd guess.

#25 Samuel Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

I like the design of the 'Mechs there. Not as incredible and realistic as FD, but it's more cartoony and casual. Just stylistic differences that reflect the type of audience that the games cater to.

#26 Aaron DeChavilier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

anxiously waiting for the beta

#27 Jenin

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

Very excited. Finally be able to play with friends that I've not played with since high school days, and now we live scattered all over the US. Plus to be able to play at your own pace with busy schedules will be even better.

#28 Red October911

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMTL,Quebec

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yah I registered too, i'm not too much of a strategist but if there's a free online game that uses battle mechs, you know i'll be trying it! :lol:

#29 DarkAnubis

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Heck yeah can't wait to play it!!

#30 Aggammenonn

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

I'm registered there as well. One thing that worries me is that it is the Unity engine. Its not a bad engine but I have yet to play a game using it that didn't have serious synch issues.

#31 Chase Matthews

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

Never played the TT Battletech, although I would love to do so. Sadly no one here locally sells anything Battletech related.

#32 Korps

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, Texas

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

i've breamed of something close. but fromwhat i see they have taken my dream game and expanded on it.

only thing i'd like now is a regimental combat system game using this type of TT interface with larger maps and unit sizes.

lance on lance is fun but company and larger fights rule.

#33 Ensign Expendable

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostChase Matthews, on 23 May 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Never played the TT Battletech, although I would love to do so. Sadly no one here locally sells anything Battletech related.

If you can't find anybody to sell you BT materials in person try here http://rpg.drivethru...rs_id=2216&it=1 for the intro rules pdf and work your way up from there. You don't need metal models to play the game, just a map and some counters/coins/lego to represent units and a couple of d6's. Or try Megamek for a digital version.

#34 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

Can someboy thats on the MWT forum already please PM me here, I registered a few days ago and when I go to login, it says that the pilot name and email cannot be found. I thought maybe I made a mistake until I went to register again, and it told me that my pilot name and email were both already in use. So I need to get in contact with a dev/mod there to see what up with my account that way I can participate in the beta!

Give a fellow mechwarrior a helping hand (Please). :o

#35 Ensign Expendable

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostMota Prefect, on 23 May 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Can someboy thats on the MWT forum already please PM me here, I registered a few days ago and when I go to login, it says that the pilot name and email cannot be found. I thought maybe I made a mistake until I went to register again, and it told me that my pilot name and email were both already in use. So I need to get in contact with a dev/mod there to see what up with my account that way I can participate in the beta!

Give a fellow mechwarrior a helping hand (Please). :o

It can be a little confusing but the Commander Name and Forums registration are independent. You need to register on the forums separately for MW Tactics. I believe that they want to get it integrated but are a bit busy making a game.

#36 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostEnsign Expendable, on 24 May 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

It can be a little confusing but the Commander Name and Forums registration are independent. You need to register on the forums separately for MW Tactics. I believe that they want to get it integrated but are a bit busy making a game.

Thank you for your reply!

#37 Zed Stun

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

I am very excited about MWT! I always wanted to play TT when I was a kid but never got the chance. Switched to Mechwarrior video games when I got older because they were more accessible. Then I saw the MTW advertisement and thinking about that got me interested in TT again, so I bought the Introductory Box Set and even taught my wife how to play. TT is just as fun as I always thought it would be; and, I am hoping MWT proves to be just as fun, so I can expand the amount of people I am able to play against. With all the different products being released, I think it is a very exciting time for everyone who has loved BT through the years.

#38 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

I can't wait till they lift the NDA on this one ;).

#39 Kaboodle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Idk, I can't really imagine BT games without Gauss Rifles. Makes me a sad panda they chose 3025. Then again, it's the most "balanced" time period, before tier2 tech started the rounds.

#40 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

There's always AC20 ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users