"Badger" Mech Design (poorly drawn at 3:00AM)

4 replies to this topic

#1 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

I couldn't sleep last night, so I got out my pencil and sketched this out (not in an art class either). The scanner didn't print it out very nicely, but you can still see all the things. The tubes running from the CT to the missile racks carry SSRM's, and the circle of the nose is a spotlight.

EDIT: I was originally was going to call this the "Velociraptor", which would have 3 toes with one of them being a giant "claw". Under this claw would be a Anti-Personnel Pod. Although I was too tired to draw out the feet so I stopped trying.

Posted Image

Built by Clan Diamond Shark in 3052, the little known Badger (no relation to the OmniVehicle) did not achieve widespread use as hoped, despite being a very tough design. The first being that it was designed for a way of combat that was considered dishonourable, the second reason being the price. When brought before the Khan of the Jade Falcons, Yvonne described it as a "a very fitting mech for a backstabbing freebirth".

The mech was designed for fast hit and run missions, which it performed admirably, thanks to its thick armor, heavily reinforced ferroglass, and admirable close range firepower. ECM helped mask the mechs approach, and when finally within radar range of the enemies, the Badger would let loose autocannon, laser, and SRM volleys. MASC boosted the mech to speeds of 108kph, making getaways or chasing down stragglers an easy task. One of the oddities of the Badger (and reasons for high cost) was the horizontally and highly mounted fusion engine, allowing the mech to fit an LB-10X on the bottom center of the torso. To protect the high-up and far-back engine, the mech had unsually large amounts of rear armor plating.

While the Badger didn't sell well, Clan Ice Hellion, Star Adder, and the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery purchased a few companies of these fearsome mechs.

Edited by Zakatak, 15 May 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#2 Ravager AI

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts
  • LocationStuck in your radiostream

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Not really going to say much but I must give you a thumbs up for the attempt at an image. :) Most people don't bother with this from my personal experience.

Also the tech description 'aint bad, well written and could easily suit on a wiki.

Could be a nice skirmisher 'Mech... :lol: Tho' not my first choice.

#3 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

The words 'badger prime' make me giggle. Still, pretty nice. almost capable of being emulated by the Dragon too.

#4 Wolf Hreda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 196 posts
  • LocationHesperia, CA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Woo! Go Team Backstabbing Freebirth!!

#5 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostRavager AI, on 15 May 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Not really going to say much but I must give you a thumbs up for the attempt at an image. :) Most people don't bother with this from my personal experience.

Also the tech description 'aint bad, well written and could easily suit on a wiki.

Could be a nice skirmisher 'Mech... :P Tho' not my first choice.

What I can't make up with fan chicken scratch art, I make up with backstory. :P

I actually have a 3D model slowly coming along on Wings 3D, which I will texture on Blender later. Although it won't be for awhile. I was thinking of having 5 ERSBL's on 1 hand, with a three-finger claw on the other. I think that would be a neat look.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users