My Arms Fall Off

7 replies to this topic

#1 KaDargo

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Okay two questions. 1: My friend helped me upgrade a few things on my mech and one of those was my armor, I have that Ferro-Fibrous Armor but I keep losing my arms in a rather quick fashion. Any way to make the armor stronger to prevent this? I have it set to auto repair.

2: When I am looking at new weapons and ammo, is there a way to see how much damage each one does before I buy it?

#2 steelblueskies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 396 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

2- google mwowiki, most weapons list damage in their descriptions now, or find ohms' reference somewhere in these forums.

as to 1. each section has a max armor amount. if you are already at max armor, then no, with presently available tech there is no other way to "make the armor stronger to prevent this" by buying something.

#3 Wurfel

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Hi,
Ferro-Fibrous Armor doesn't protect you any better then the regular armor.
In fact it is just lighter but more expensive to repair. Due to this many people consider it to be the worst upgrade.
Unfortunately the UI isn't very good when it comes to weapon descriptions, there are however a lot of threads on the forums that cover it:
http://mwomercs.com/...d-images-11161/

I hope this helps.

#4 KaDargo

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Okay thank you much

#5 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hey,

They've already provided the initial input but, have you tried twisting around when you're really getting laid into? Try spreading the damage to other parts of your mech by twisting your aiming far left or right coupled with turning.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

another great source for weapon stats : http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

#7 Keeko

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

All great info but I'd like to add this too, if your friend reduced the armor on your Right and Left Torso because nothing important is mounted there, then when that part is destroyed the corresponding arm is also destroyed automatically (because the arm was attached to it, it basically just falls off)

#8 Keeko

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

View Poststeelblueskies, on 11 December 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

2- google mwowiki, most weapons list damage in their descriptions now, or find ohms' reference somewhere in these forums.

Also, there's a link to mwowiki (and a few other good sites) if you click up on "Community" and then scroll to the bottom of the page. It has detailed info for all weapons (damage, heat, recycle, min/optimum/max range, etc)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users