#1 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

I feel like the Jener 7K should get the ability to mount ECM instead of the Jenner 7D for three reasons:
  • The 7K supposedly the most advanced model of the Jenners
  • The 7K is a Jenner Model that is used specifically by Scout PIlots who are specializing in the Jenner Line, partly because of...
  • The 7D is already in extremely high circulation due to the Founders Program, which means everybody and their brother will be running ECM on these common Mechs.
I feel like moving the ECM over to the K model will alleviate what could possibly become referred to as ECMWariror: Online.

This is just my personal opinion.

#2 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm with you on this matter.

#3 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Definitely makes sense. I imagine they will adjust what gets what when actual variants that have it get added. The Jenner-10X won't appear for a long time.

#4 Asmudius Heng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

The D also has an extra missile hardpoint the K does not ... the D is already more flexible and the module slot does not really help. The K is definitly the one that needs this IMO so people do not feel ripped off leveling that variant when they have moe choice with the D in every aspect now.

#5 Zelus

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

The Jenner shouldn't have ECM. Maybe reconsider it after the net-code is improved, but certainly not right now.

#6 Voidsinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

My feelings on this matter are that the Jenner should not get ECM. It already has too much of a place as a strike platform.

If a Jenner is to get ECM, then the K would be the way to go, given that it has deprecated capability over the D, and it has an extra module slot (which means something was done to the computers when they 'upgraded' the D).

Right now the only unique factors a K has is the extra module slot in trade for the missile hardpoint. Perhaps with future modules that might mean more, but not as things stand now.

#7 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

As a more general idea: how does a module that allows an ECM suite to be equipped on a mech that normally can't equip it sound? Maybe if the module took up two module slots?

Edited by Anyone00, 27 November 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#8 Chou Senwan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I personally player a Founder's Jenner, and even I think that if you're going to put ECM on a Jenner, put it on the K.

#9 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

yes, i think it'sthe K that should get it.
It's the 'advanced' Variant of the Jenner, yet it doesn't even have as much weapon hardpoints as the D Variant.
Wow, it got a module slot more, with current modules, that is worthless

#10 Gaan Cathal

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

At what point does it become resonable to put ECM on any Jenner when there is a sister chassis that has nerfed stats for the precise reason of balancing it's ability to carry ECM?

Edited by Gaan Cathal, 27 November 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#11 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

If they are going to put it on a Jenner, I agree the K model would be best

#12 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

I don't have any qualms with this suggestion.

#13 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

It's not only Jenner. The whole logic behind selecting a mech for ECM should be like "how viable is this mech in combat currently". And if a certain mech configuration is not very viable then it's just fine to boost it with ECM to give this config a role and meaning.

As it stands right now COM-2D and JR7-D are really a weird choice for ECM. 2D is main commando 3*streak config, it's already the most used one. Same goes for jenner D that uses 2*streak + 4*sl. I'm not so sure about commando as I don't really use it but JR7-K is the best ECM variant for jenner. It has 1 less weapon point than other variants to compensate for.

As for AS7-D-DC... when I saw it I was all like LOLOMGWTFORLY?!?!?!?!?!111111 Are you gonna give this kewl ECM to arguably the best atlas config out there? Are you serious? I'm not even questioning the idea to give ECM to assaults. The only atlas that deserves ECM is AS7-K as it's clearly inferior to other variats and it's 2nd AMS is not good enough to compensate for missing weapon slots. Not freaking D-DC that rocks with 3srms.

PGI, you should seriously reconsider which mech configs you are giving ECM. Judging by your description it's gonna be a new cornerstone of battle tactics. Use it to boost underpowered variats so they can be inline with others. Don't give it to already viable and doing-just-fine configs.

Edited by Alexander Malthus, 27 November 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#14 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

I actually agree with the Atlas choice.

It is the Atlas with the command console, and therefore a 2 person mech. A driver, and the commander. Having ECM at the commander's whim is a superb idea.

In expanding ECM availability to assaults, if they do limit it, limit it to mechs with a command console, because it just makes so much sense.

#15 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostVoidsinger, on 27 November 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

It is the Atlas with the command console, and therefore a 2 person mech. A driver, and the commander. Having ECM at the commander's whim is a superb idea.

Do you know that you can pull off that useless console and sell it :P ? That logic has nothing to do with balance.

#16 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostAlexander Malthus, on 27 November 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

Do you know that you can pull off that useless console and sell it :P ? That logic has nothing to do with balance.

Well... if you sell it now, then you'll have to buy one back when they give it an in-game function...

I really, really hope they consider this suggestion (swapping the Jenner D for the K)

#17 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

I didn't sell mine though I really doubt it'll be of any use soon :P .

Imo none of the current good and viable mech configs should get ecm jenner-d included. There are enough underdogs already that really need some love.

I'd go even as far as suggest not giving ECM to jenner\commando at all and make it raven exclusive. It's the worst light mech atm.

Edited by Alexander Malthus, 27 November 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#18 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Yea there's really no in-game precedent for Jenners with ECM.

Nor are there any current Atlai with ECM.

Nor any precedent for Commando having ECM (though I think I'm ok with them having them)

Stick it with the Ravens, the 2X and the 3L since they make the most sense (the 4X having been "stripped and fitted for combat" and such)

By the canonical forwards-looking (3060s consideration) logic that the D-DC has ECM, the Awesome deserves ECM too (-9Q variant), the Cataphract (-4L variant), Hunchback (-5P variant) ... and that's just the research I could do on the fly.

There is no historical or canonical reason for a Jenner to have an ECM.

*EDIT* Also why the hell can a Raven-3L carry such a big engine? That breaks the formula being used for maximum engine size...

Edited by Kobura, 28 November 2012 - 01:29 AM.

#19 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

On second thought, I agree with those saying the Jenner does not need it - Restrict this to the Raven so only one 35 tonne mech has the capability but maybe 2 raven variants to really give them the viable option as the sensor boat.

Commando, Raven - i dont mind an assault having it but it needs to sacrifice something to have it just like the raven does not have the engine choices the Jenner does.

#20 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 27 November 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

I feel like moving the ECM over to the K model will alleviate what could possibly become referred to as ECMWariror: Online.

Does the ECM field give you cancer? Otherwise I can't see how an item that can't kill anyone would dominate the game. Surely you have other mechs than streak kitty and lrm boat?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users