Tonnage Limits

7 replies to this topic

#1 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Now, this is probably an old topic, but it is my only wish of this game. Even if every thing had to remain the way it is now, this is the only thing I would want changed. Without it, assaults are all you will see. It kind of defeats the purpose of balanced role warfare, which i believe is one of PGI's goals with this game (forgive me if I'm wrong).

#2 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

not sure what you would be wrong or right about. your OP is lacking umm... any sort of information. i kind of want to respond, but i am very unsure if my response would have anything to do with what you are saying.

#3 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Sorry...tonnage limits, I want it. Sick of 5+ assaults each match, and I'm kind of worried it will just end up assault fests like every mw before. Is that enough to start an argument?

Edited by Smokey Mcpot, 30 January 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#4 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

I agree it needs some sorta way to limit Assaults, but I think a dice roll system of generating classes would be better. Like 2-2-2-2 or 3-1-2-2, 2 Assaults - 2 Heavy - 2 medium - 2 light or 3 Assault - 1 Heavy - 2 medium - 2 lights, it would jumble up that number to create really fun drops.

#5 Valorcalls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'd say something like a dice roll. have it randomize a total of 8 slots (for the 8v8s) in a system, start with lights and work up to assaults. If there is not space left by time it gets to assaults? No assaults in that match.

#6 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostSmokey Mcpot, on 30 January 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Sorry...tonnage limits, I want it. Sick of 5+ assaults each match, and I'm kind of worried it will just end up assault fests like every mw before. Is that enough to start an argument?

i was thinking of something completely different.

i totally agree. although they have done a pretty good job with balance so far. making it so a single skilled light pilot or a small group can effectively take down most heavy and assault mechs.

#7 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

If your side has 5 assaults, so does their - same the other way around too.

The problem is what if there's an insufficient mix of people to properly balance by the ton? Should you wait forever while the match maker waits for another Command pilot to come online?

#8 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

View Postfocuspark, on 30 January 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

If your side has 5 assaults, so does their - same the other way around too.

The problem is what if there's an insufficient mix of people to properly balance by the ton? Should you wait forever while the match maker waits for another Command pilot to come online?

Hmmm, it's a fine line. Perhaps if the matchmaker could then drop a mech, to bring the teams to something it can balance?

Yeah, I understand that it is still reasonably balanced currently, it just gets a little stale...and frustrating when they are well coordinated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users