Reports Of 8 Mannings Death Greatly Exaggerated.

6 replies to this topic

#1 OVBlueGhost

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

So I don't 8 man much, I probably read the forums more than I 8 man and from my forum reading I was under the impression it was some horrible wasteland with 5-10min queues and cheese strats dominating everyone.

Anyway last night Memory of cReddit pinged me in game and I got to run in one of their strategy testing nights, and it was glorious! Not once vs cheese, every drop was near instant and we did pretty well even with my pug *** in group.

So I give you our most competent opponents in the 4 or so rounds I recorded: http://www.twitch.tv...games/c/1775429

This is with the lovely people from: http://www.reddit.com/r/credditMWO/

Thanks again guys!

ps. if anyone has constructive comments on my play feel free to let rip, I'm still getting used to gauss and I've already spotted a few mistakes myself. ;)

#2 Bluescuba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

wow really... never would have guessed that pugs would get it wrong

#3 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

yeah. i've yet to have a 8 man fail and we run them for a couple hours every night. sure its US primetime, but i'm talking 0 fails ever.

i think its just baddies overblowing an excuse of why they personally are pugstomping.instead of 8 manning. good stream, its good to have more people streaming organized play and hopefully drawing people towards MWO

#4 nom de guerre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostBroceratops, on 14 December 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

yeah. i've yet to have a 8 man fail and we run them for a couple hours every night. sure its US primetime, but i'm talking 0 fails ever.

i think its just baddies overblowing an excuse of why they personally are pugstomping.instead of 8 manning. good stream, its good to have more people streaming organized play and hopefully drawing people towards MWO

same here even out of prime time i have had 0 issues.

#5 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

I've had a few fails to find matches in 8-mans, but there's no such 5-10 minute queue. Whoever thought that was going to happen was dead wrong.

#6 bug3at3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

In my experience, it's time of day that matter's. NA prime time there seems to be several 8 man groups up and running. European prime time is where I have the least luck with 8 mans.

#7 OVBlueGhost

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostBroceratops, on 14 December 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

Hey thanks man, if you favorite the stream then it'll get more exposure on twitch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users