11 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any decent builds for this mech. Refuse to play the Jenner until they address the Lag shield so I decided to max out my founders mechs. Finished the Cat's and Hunch is next on my list, so any good ideas or any threads with great info about this chasis?

#2 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 14 December 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Just wondering if anyone has any decent builds for this mech. Refuse to play the Jenner until they address the Lag shield so I decided to max out my founders mechs. Finished the Cat's and Hunch is next on my list, so any good ideas or any threads with great info about this chasis?

I've been thinking about it a lot as well and I came up with a few that I enjoyed playing.

(3x) AC/2 + (3x) ML + DHS + Endo + 200 Standard
(2x) UAC/5 + (3x) ML + DHS + Endo + 200 Standard
(1x) AC/20 + (3x) ML + DHS + Endo + 245 Standard

Just make sure to chain fire the UAC/5 or if you're using the AC/2s do the usual AC/2 trick. For example, set 3 to group fire all 3 AC/2s. Set 4 to fire 1 AC/2 and set 5 to fire another AC/2. Tap 5->4 quickly then hold down 3 to make it go out in a steady stream.

If you are playing the slower ones, you are fire support. Stick with your heavy and assault mechs and your DPS is pretty good and will make other mechs back out. Just be wary of shooting moving targets (it's not effective if you are lagging or if it's a lagshielded light). Try to focus on slow moving heavy and assault mechs and use your arm lasers to shoo away light mechs.

The fast AC/20 build can be done with a 4H too, but whatever. It works well in getting behind enemy mechs so you can plant a nice AC/20 shot in their back with 3 Medium Lasers for a 35 point damage Alpha Strike. This is more than enough to bust through any mech's rear armor.

As for playing Jenners, I agree with you. I don't want to play them due to the lag shield mechanics (and my 300-400 ms will give me really awesome lagshields). I'm waiting for when the net code is fixed so that I can -properly- play light mechs without the artificial crutch.

Edited by Elizander, 14 December 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#3 Coastal0

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Elizander; I think I've seen you post in *every* 4G post so far!

+rep if I could B)

On topic however, I run my hunchbacks as fast as possible, with a 260 Std when I can. They're still not as fast as a Cicada, but when a fight turns bad, you can actually run away and/or exercise tactical options, rather than be a slightly faster atlas..

#4 Jaded Jasper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Honestly? Kick the Hunchback G in the ***, and upgrade to the Hunchback H with a Gauss and 5 Medium Lasers.

The G does let you run multiple ballistics, but honestly that's not really worth it due to a combination of the heat, weight, and having to constantly stare at your target and expose yourself (plus jamming if you use UACs).

I've got a Founders Hunchback too, but it has no parts in it and only collects dust.

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostCoastal0, on 15 December 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

Elizander; I think I've seen you post in *every* 4G post so far!

+rep if I could :P

On topic however, I run my hunchbacks as fast as possible, with a 260 Std when I can. They're still not as fast as a Cicada, but when a fight turns bad, you can actually run away and/or exercise tactical options, rather than be a slightly faster atlas..

The 245 engine is relatively fast enough compared to the 260. I think it clocks in just a bit above 79 kph compared to the 84.2 kph that the 260 gives.

If you do want to keep the 260 then you can just go with these:

(1x) AC/20 + (2x) AC/20 Ammo + (2x) Medium Laser + (1x) Small Laser (14 shots isn't a whole lot though)
(1x) AC/10 + (3x) AC/10 Ammo + (3x) Medium Laser + 0.5 tons extra leg armor
(2x) AC/2 + (3x) AC/2 Ammo + (3x) Medium Laser + 0.5 tons extra leg armor

Using a 260 on a 4G sadly won't allow you to make good use of the 3x ballistic hard points on the right torso unless you go XL, but going XL isn't recommended either. You can just play it like a 4H unless you like using a couple of AC/2s which is still higher DPS than a single AC/20 or AC/10.

I'm sure you can just plug large lasers in the arms and be good with it along with some DHS, but it would be more like a generic laser mech rather than a 4G build. There's nothing wrong with that though!

(2x) ER Large Laser + (1x) Small Laser + (8x) Double Heatsink

You can be a very mobile sniper and the small laser helps increase your close-range alpha strike to 21 damage for negligible heat. You can also go Large Laser, but if you're not carrying a lot of weapons, the extra range does help increase damage on further targets. You can probably drop a heat sink or two if you want to upgrade the head laser into a Medium or Medium Pulse.

#6 Coastal0

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

/necro

I put 2x LL and 1x LB-10x on my H-G(f). Surprised at how well it works, franky.

#7 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

Sell it.

4G is so far the Hunchback that makes the lest sense - well except the 4J, because 4SP does everything better than 4J. What the F are you gonna do with that massive lump carrying three ballistic that EVERYONE's gonna shoot at?

Seriously, go buy an 4H.

Edited by Helmstif, 24 December 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#8 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 24 December 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

Sell it.

4G is so far the Hunchback that makes the lest sense - well except the 4J, because 4SP does everything better than 4J. What the F are you gonna do with that massive lump carrying three ballistic that EVERYONE's gonna shoot at?

Seriously, go buy an 4H.

Founders mechs net you 25% increased cbill/xp rewards at the end of the match. You cannot sell them.

I prefer the AC/20 build on the 4G(f), and have made several movies with it. It's great for grinding, and just fantastic to play in. One of my favorite mechs in the game despite its archaic hardpoints. The buff to Machine guns may make it a bit stronger/adaptable down the road, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

#9 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 24 December 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

Sell it.

Seriously, go buy an 4H.

Any of the "hunch" Hunchbacks have to played with a fair amount of reservation to protect the shoulder. If you do this they're great mechs with fantastic weapon clustering's for precision fire. The Centurion has many of the same problems only they deal with the arm instead of the shoulder.

If you're running a single ballistic then yes the 4H is the better mech. However I've had a lot of success with 2 AC5 3 ML on my 4G. Good fun to use especially with the AC speed buff.

#10 wasder unguided

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostElizander, on 14 December 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

(3x) AC/2 + (3x) ML + DHS + Endo + 200 Standard
(2x) UAC/5 + (3x) ML + DHS + Endo + 200 Standard
(1x) AC/20 + (3x) ML + DHS + Endo + 245 Standard

As for playing Jenners, I agree with you. I don't want to play them due to the lag shield mechanics (and my 300-400 ms will give me really awesome lagshields). I'm waiting for when the net code is fixed so that I can -properly- play light mechs without the artificial crutch.

Great post and +1 for honour for avoiding the lights. Legendary founders should have their own thread where we discuss our 4 dust-gatherers.

#11 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

just put in a 250, ac/20 or gauss, and 3 MLs.

it's not really about customization but it's a good mech to learn pro piloting skills because you want to protect your RT and shield as much as possible with your left side, plus you have to aim well.

Edited by Broceratops, 24 December 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#12 Richard Mongoose

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDeserts, California

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

With mine I got a little bored recently, a little curious, and a little sleep deprivation happy so I slapped 2 ERPPCs on it. With a Standard 250 if I remember correctly, and DHS. First kill was in the first match, and was a Dragon at less than 100 meters with a headshot. Ground out the last basic skills with that and reinforced the patience lesson to boot. The build can be used on all HBKs, and is not ideal for anything. But like I said, I use it as a training tool for myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users