#1 James The Fox Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

Overview

I have put together a TT campaign using MegaMek and I'm inviting MW:O's community to join in the fun. The software we're using is MegaMek and MekHQ. MekHQ keeps track of the regiment's pilots and mechs while the games would be played using MegaMek. The game starts on January 1, 3015 during the Third Succession War then go from there. The regiments could either be a House unit, an existing merc unit, or a new merc unit. Sign up today to reserve your unit.

MegaMek and MekHQ can be gotten here: http://megamek.info/

Downloads required

MegaMek version 0.35.32
MekHQ version 0.120
All-Camos Camo Pack
Jake's Map Pack
Ink Effects Portraits

Campaign Rules

The start date of the campaign is 1/1/3015. Regiments can be a House or Mercenary unit. The maximum amount of mechs that can be used is based upon the canon version of the regiment based upon one of the Five Houses, SLDF, or Periphery Houses. The force composition of the regiment will also mimic the original regiment. For example, the 231st SLDF Striker Regiment would be a mixture of Light, Medium, and Heavy mechs with the bulk of the forces being Light and Medium Mechs. Do not forget to add support personnel like medics, doctors, and administration. If you would like your regiment to have dropships and jumpships the only limit is that it must be enough to carry all of your troops.

A note about LAM units. MegaMek does not support LAMs yet, so players are allowed to purchase aerospace fighters for space and atmospheric battles and mechs for ground battles. The mechs and aerospace fighters must be the same tonnage as their original LAMs with mechs being limited to the Stinger, Wasp, and Phoenix Hawk designs.

For example, the 231st Striker Regiment is a former SLDF unit, so it follows SLDF rules for force composition of 3 Battalions that are comprised of 3 companies plus a battalion headquarters lance, a regiment headquarters company, a LAM Company, a pair of Aerospace Fighters, 4 dropships, and 1 jumpship. Its force composition for 1st Battalion is 1 Recon Battalion that has 2 Recon Companies (6 Recon Lances), 1 Striker Company (3 Striker Lances), and Battalion Command Lance. 2 Striker Battalions are comprised of 4 Striker Companies, 2 Hussar Companies, and 2 Battalion Command Lances (10 Striker Lances, 2 Recon Lances, 6 Hussar Lances). Due to it being a former SLDF unit, the regiment has the regimental fleet support it had during its Star League days, so has a Star Lord JumpShip and 4 Overlord DropShips.

Units will be created by simply hiring random personnel for the role they serve in the unit, picking out the mechs from the attached listing of mechs, and aerospace/dropships/jumpships will be limited to 3025 models and Level 1 technology. Start up costs will be ignored for mechs, aerospace fighters, infantry, etc... for all units. Overhead costs and Dragoon's Rating for the unit automatically figured by MekHQ. Regiments will be subject to review, so be prepared to offer up your Regiment's MekHQ save file. Once all of the equipment is purchased we can start generating contracts for merc units and scenarios for the campaign.

Initial Cash and Equipment

All units will gain start up cash that is 20% of the total C-Bill value of all units, except for dropships and jumpships. The regiments will receive 100 tons of ammo for all of their ammo using weapons and get 50 replacements of the weapons they use. All other equipment will be purchased after the game starts.

Customization

Mechs/Aerospace Units cannot be customized, so they will remain stock. However, if a mech suffers damage to its weapon's systems the replacement can be a different weapon subject to tech skills to see if it works correctly. If a tech's roll fails the weapon is unreliable during combat and can fail to work for the rest of the scenario on a roll of a 2 (critical failure).

Sarna.net is an excellent resource for a listing of units, so I would recommend looking there for canon units. http://www.sarna.net...litary_Commands

Unit's Participating (Player)/Employer at start/Current Posting

1. 231st Striker Regiment (James Dixon)/House Davion/Caph
2. 21st Striker Regiment Eridani Light Horse (Weiland)/House Davion/Fomahaut
3. Hansen's Roughriders (mech79)/House Steiner/Summer
4. 21st Centauri Lancers (Dijisom)/House Steiner/New Earth
5. 151st Light Horse Regiment Eridani Light Horse (Elmseeker)/House Davion/Saffel
6. 4th McCarron's Armored Calvary (dal10)/House Liao/Elnath
7. 14th Legion of Vega: The Boozers/Keisuke Nagisa/House Kurita/Vega
8. 1st Free World League Guards/Prolific Llama/House Marik/Berenson

MekHQ Settings

General Settings Tab
Select type of unit that fits with what you want to do.
Check the box for Use Dragoon's Rating and select FM: Mercenaries (Revised) for the method.

Repair Tab
Check Use era modes for repair rolls and Use faction modifiers for availability.

Tech Limits Tab
Check all boxes and set Maximum Tech Level to Advanced.

Personnel Tab
Have all check boxes unchecked.

Finances Tab
Check all check boxes and leave the settings for the price modifiers, value of used parts, and value of damaged parts. You can leave the Pay for New Units and Pay for Parts unchecked when you do the actual creation.

Experience
Set 1 xp for each completed scenario
Set 1 xp for 1 kills
Set 1 xp for every 25 successful tasks
Set 1 xp for each 12 rolled on a successful task
Set 1 xp for each 2 rolled on an unsuccessful task
Set 1 xp for every 2 active month(s) on a 2d6 roll of greater than or equal to 10

Skills Tab
Leave default settings

Skill Randomization
Leave Extra Randomness unchecked
Check use clan bonuses for clan factions

Rank System Tab
Choose the rank system for the faction you want to play.

Name and Portrait Generation

Set the settings to what you want.

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 19 November 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#2 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Mechs that are available to use in the campaign are as follows:

2786-3025 Era Mechs

Light Mechs

1. Wasp WSP-1W
2. Wasp WSP-1L
3. Wasp WSP-1K
4. Wasp WSP-1D
5. Wasp WSP-1A
6. Valkyrie VLK-QF
7. Valkyrie VLK-QA
8. Urbanmech WM-R60L
9. Urbanmech WM-R60
10. Thorn THE-S
11. Stinger STG-3R
12. Stinger STG-3G
13. Spider SDR-5K
14. Spider SDR-5D
15. Spider SDR-5V
16. Panther PNT-9R
17. Ostscout OTT-7J
18. Mongoose MON-67
19. Mercury MCY-98
20. Locust LCT-3V
21. Locust LCT-1V
22. Locust LCT-1S
23. Locust LCT-1M
24. Locust LCT-1E
25. Jenner JR7-F
26. Jenner JR7-D
27. Javelin JVN-10N
28. Javelin JVN-10F
29. Hussar HSR-300-D
30. Firestarter FS9-M
31. Firestarter FS9-H
32. Commando COM-3A
33. Commando COM-2D

Medium Mechs

1. Assassin ASN-101
2. Assassin ASN-21
3. Wyvern WVE-6N
4. Wolverine WVR-6R
5. Wolverine WVR-6M
6. Wolverine WVR-6K
7. Whitworth WTH-1S
8. Whitworth WTH-1
9. Vulcan VL-5T
10. Vulcan VL-2T
11. Vindicator VND-1R
12. Vindicator VND-1AA
13. Trebuchet TBT-5S
14. Trebuchet TBT-5N
15. Trebuchet TBT-5K
16. Trebuchet TBT-5J
17. Shadow Hawk SHD-2K
18. Shadow Hawk SHD-2H
19. Shadow Hawk SHD-2D
20. Sentinel STN-3K
21. Scorpion SCP-1N
22. Phoenix Hawk PXH-1
23. Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K
24. Phoenix Hawk PXH-1D
25. Hunchback HBK-4SP
26. Hunchback HBK-4P
27. Hunchback HBK-4N
28. Hunchback HBK-4J
29. Hunchback HBK-4H
30. Hunchback HBK-4G
31. Hermes II HER-4K
32. Hermes II HER-2S
33. Hermes II HER-2M
34. Hermes II HER-1A
35. Hatchetman HCT-3NH
36. Hatchetman HCT-3F
37. Griffin GRF-1S
38. Griffin GRF-1N
39. Enforcer ENF-4R
40. Dervish DV-6M
41. Crab CRB-20
42. Clint CLNT-2-4T
43. Clint CLNT-2-3T
44. Clint CLNT-1-2R
45. Cicada CDA-3C
46. Cicada CDA-2B
47. Cicada CDA-2A
48. Centurion CN9-AL
49. Centurion CN9-AH
50. Centurion CN9-A
51. Blackjack BJ-1DC
52. Blackjack BJ-1DB
53. Blackjack BJ-1

Heavy Mechs

1. Archer ARC-2K
2. Archer ARC-2W
3. Archer ARC-2S
4. Archer ARC-2R
5. Warhammer WHM-6K
6. Warhammer WHM-6L
7. Warhammer WHM-6D
8. Warhammer WHM-6R
9. Thunderbolt TDR-5SS
10. Thunderbolt TDR-5SE
11. Thunderbolt TDR-5S
12. Rifleman RFL-4D
13. Rifleman RFL-3N
14. Rifleman RFL-3C
15. Quickdraw QKD-5A
16. Quickdraw QKD-4H
17. Quickdraw QKD-4G
18. Ostroc OSR-3C
19. Ostroc OSR-2M
20. Ostroc OSR-2L
21. Ostroc OSR-2C
22. Ostsol OTL-4F
23. Ostsol OTL-4D
24. Orion ON1-VA
25. Orion ON1-V
26. Orion ON1-K
27. Marauder MAD-3R
28. Marauder MAD-3M
29. Marauder MAD-3L
30. Marauder MAD-3D
31. Lancelot LNC25-02
32. Kintaro KTO-18
33. Jagermech JM6-S
34. Jagermech JM6-A
35. Guillotine GLT-4L
36. Grasshopper GHR-5H
37. Grand Dragon DRG-1G
38. Flashman FLS-7K
39. Exterminator EXT-4A
40. Dragon DRG-1N
41. Dragon DRG-1C
42. Crusader CRD-3L
43. Crusader CRD-3R
44. Crusader CRD-3K
45. Crusader CRD-3D
46. Champion CHP-2N
47. Catapult CPLT-K2
48. Catapult CPLT-C4
49. Catapult CPLT-C1
50. Catapult CPLT-A1
51. Bombardier BMB-10D
52. Black Knight BL-7-KNT

Assault Mechs

1. Banshee BNC-3S
2. Banshee BNC-3Q
3. Banshee BNC-3M
4. Banshee BNC-3E
5. Awesome AWS-8V
6. Awesome AWS-8T
7. Awesome AWS-8R
8. Awesome AWS-8Q
9. Atlas AS7-D
10. Zeus ZEU-6T
11. Zeus ZEU-6S
12. Victor VTR-9S
13. Victor VTR-9B
14. Victor VTR-9A
15. Victor VTR-9A1
16. Thug THG-10E
17. Stalker STK-4P
18. Stalker STK-4N
19. Stalker STK-3H
20. Stalker STK-3F
21. Stalker STK-3N
22. King Crab KGC-0000
23. Highlander HGN-733
24. Goliath GOL-1H
25. Cyclops CP-10-Z
26. Cyclops CP-10-Q
27. Cyclops CP-10-HQ
28. Crockett CRK-5003-0
29. Charger CGR-1L
30. Charger CGR-1A1
31. Charger CGR-SB
32. Battlemaster BLR-1S
33. Battlemaster BLR-1G
34. Battlemaster BLR-1D

#3 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

4th McCarron's Armored Calvary (4th MAC)

Leo's Demons (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)

CO: Colonel Leo Hickney
1st Battalion: Major Victor Lesurn
2nd Battalion: Major David Kincade
Battalion: Major Vallory Gordon

House Affiliation - Capellan Confederation
Posting: usually Menke, but can be put wherever the GM wants.

I was going to do the first, but the moment I see elite and fanatical, I just was like, no, not happening.

Edited by dal10, 13 November 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#4 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Welcome aboard dal10. I have reserved the unit as requested and updated the thread here as well as the one at http://headshotdomain.net (my clan's website).

#5 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

uh... McCarron's is a capellan unit. they are technically Mercs but like the light horses, they are for all intents and purposes a house unit...

#6 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

View Postdal10, on 13 November 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

uh... McCarron's is a capellan unit. they are technically Mercs but like the light horses, they are for all intents and purposes a house unit...

I had a brain fart, but it's been fixed. :)

#7 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

I had a brain fart, but it's been fixed. :)

thank you

#8 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

View Postdal10, on 13 November 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

thank you

You're welcome, but there's a problem with choosing 4th MAC. It didn't exist in 3015, but there is 1st and 2nd MAC available in 3015. Did you want one of them?

#9 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

I just don't think the 4th regiment was mentioned as doing anything specific prior to 3025.

In 3007, after the CCAF suffered a string of defeats at the hands of House Davion's new Wolf's Dragoons mercenaries. Archibald McCarron, who at the time was young and new to command, felt compelled to strike back, and brought all five regiments on a deep raid into Davion territory, striking at the Dragoons' home world of New Valencia, in an attempt to crush the three Dragoon regiments on-planet. Though they had an advantage in numbers, the Dragoons soon established an effective defensive perimeter against the Cavalry, safeguarding their primary support personnel and dependents and making effective use of combined-arms tactics. The Cavalry, for their part, began trashing and looting the civilian city of Raiteland, and reportedly executed many civilians in their hunt for Dragoon elements. They were soon driven from the planet, however, when the remaining Dragoons as well as the Eridani Light Horse approached. Jaime Wolf soon retaliated, however, sending his elite Seventh Kommando special forces to the Cavalry's homeworld on Menke, where they engaged in a campaign of sabotage and destruction, soon slipping away unharmed. Though McCarron was furious, Maximillian Liao forbade any counter-strikes, realizing "Big Mac" and his hot-headed troops would likely get themselves destroyed.[1]

not to sound lawyery but according to sarna MAC had 5 regiments at 3007. so I think I should be good, if this sounds a bit bitchy, I apologize.

edit: it is not so much that I want to play the 4th MAC in particular, but more of the fact that I want to avoid the 1st or 2nd. Elite/Fanatical just feels wrong to me.

Edited by dal10, 13 November 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#10 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

View Postdal10, on 13 November 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

I just don't think the 4th regiment was mentioned as doing anything specific prior to 3025.

In 3007, after the CCAF suffered a string of defeats at the hands of House Davion's new Wolf's Dragoons mercenaries. Archibald McCarron, who at the time was young and new to command, felt compelled to strike back, and brought all five regiments on a deep raid into Davion territory, striking at the Dragoons' home world of New Valencia, in an attempt to crush the three Dragoon regiments on-planet. Though they had an advantage in numbers, the Dragoons soon established an effective defensive perimeter against the Cavalry, safeguarding their primary support personnel and dependents and making effective use of combined-arms tactics. The Cavalry, for their part, began trashing and looting the civilian city of Raiteland, and reportedly executed many civilians in their hunt for Dragoon elements. They were soon driven from the planet, however, when the remaining Dragoons as well as the Eridani Light Horse approached. Jaime Wolf soon retaliated, however, sending his elite Seventh Kommando special forces to the Cavalry's homeworld on Menke, where they engaged in a campaign of sabotage and destruction, soon slipping away unharmed. Though McCarron was furious, Maximillian Liao forbade any counter-strikes, realizing "Big Mac" and his hot-headed troops would likely get themselves destroyed.[1]

not to sound lawyery but according to sarna MAC had 5 regiments at 3007. so I think I should be good, if this sounds a bit bitchy, I apologize.

edit: it is not so much that I want to play the 4th MAC in particular, but more of the fact that I want to avoid the 1st or 2nd. Elite/Fanatical just feels wrong to me.

It's listed under the entry for the 6th. The elite/fanatical means that they're quality is elite and fanatical is their reliability rating. Fanatical is actually a good rating for a merc regiment.

Reading through the old House Liao sourcebook it mentions that there were five regiments in 3025. It also lists the primary Battlemechs for each of the regiments and their reliability.

1st Regiment: Commando, Vindicator (Elite)
2nd Regiment: Commando, Vindicator (Elite)
3rd Regiment: Ostscout, Warhammer (Regular)
4th Regiment: Falcon, Vindicator (Veteran)
5th Regiment: Ostsol, Catapult (Veteran)

I was mistaken about there only being 2 regiments in 3015. :P

In 3015, they were stationed on Elnath and Lesalies.

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 13 November 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#11 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I may need more vindicators...

also, Sarna is all that I have to work with, I don't have any of the source books, so I am mostly playing this by attempting to build them conservatively.

also, I put a post about this thread on the House Liao site, so some of them may contact you to join the campaign.

Edited by dal10, 13 November 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#12 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

View Postdal10, on 13 November 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

I may need more vindicators...

also, Sarna is all that I have to work with, I don't have any of the source books, so I am mostly playing this by attempting to build them conservatively.

also, I put a post about this thread on the House Liao site, so some of them may contact you to join the campaign.

It's no worry bud. That's what talking and asking questions about the game is all about. That will be cool if we get more players. :P

#13 ZloySergant

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russian Federation

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

Oh, no. Those tank set-ups again. They would retreat every time my noob unit hit 'em (well that was 'bout 2 years ago). Not funny :)

Edited by ZloySergant, 14 November 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#14 Prolific Llama

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

I'd love to play. However, I need a suggestion of a unit that's going to be in opposition to the significant amount of Steiner/Davion units that have already signed up. It's been awhile since I read the novels.

#15 Keisuke Nagisa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

This looks fun. Ive always wanted to try and give MM a try for a campaign. Ill figure out my unit and post it later.

#16 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostProlific Llama, on 16 November 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

I'd love to play. However, I need a suggestion of a unit that's going to be in opposition to the significant amount of Steiner/Davion units that have already signed up. It's been awhile since I read the novels.

well since the FRR doesn't exist yet (I think) anything that is not steiner, or Davion should work. For example, lets say you went Liao, you could use any of the Warrior houses (though they are a bit small), any of the other McCarrons units, pretty much your choices are limited (If you want to oppose Davion and Steiner,) to all units that existed in 3015 from Marik, Liao, and the Draconis combine, as well as merc units that are not specifically sided with them (Kell hounds, Carlyle's commados (though this unit would be too tiny to use), Snake Stompers, or any other unit from the time period.) Wolf's Dragoons would be playable if you were going marik, however I think their contract stipulates that they can not fight against liao (yay)

#17 Keisuke Nagisa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Unit: 14th Legion of Vega: The Boozers
Regiment/Regular/Questionable
Posting: Vega
House: Draconis Combine
CO: Brigadier General Christine Nordica

This is what im looking at right now buy im not sure how loyalty will come into play so I may change my choice depending on that. Also not sure if this unit has attached armor or infantry or aerospace. I would like armor if we are using them and maybe some aero and infantry. If it needs to be concrete I can switch to a unit with more information.

#18 Prolific Llama

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Unit: 1st Free World League Guards
Regiment/Elite/Fanatical
Posting: Berenson
House: Free Worlds League
CO: Colonel Bartholomew Alcala(?)

Edit:
Could I get clarification of which camo pack we need?

Edit:
Nevermind, found it.

Edited by Prolific Llama, 16 November 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#19 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostKeisuke Nagisa, on 16 November 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

Unit: 14th Legion of Vega: The Boozers
Regiment/Regular/Questionable
Posting: Vega
House: Draconis Combine
CO: Brigadier General Christine Nordica

This is what im looking at right now buy im not sure how loyalty will come into play so I may change my choice depending on that. Also not sure if this unit has attached armor or infantry or aerospace. I would like armor if we are using them and maybe some aero and infantry. If it needs to be concrete I can switch to a unit with more information.

Welcome to the game. :) I did some research into the 14th Legion of Vega and it's an interesting unit. House Kurita treats it worse than merc units and pays them a fee for each mission. House Kurita's Procurement Department has the 14th at the very bottom of the list for resupply and reinforcements. The 14th is comprised of entirely light mechs with no dropships and jumpships. We'll have to create a contract for them like we would a merc unit.

DCMS Mech Unit Composition

4 Mechs=Lance
3 Lances=Company
3 Companies=1 Battalion
3 Battalions=1 Regiment

A DCMS regiment lacks a regimental command company and lances for Battalion commanders.The total number of mechs is 108.

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 16 November 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#20 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostProlific Llama, on 16 November 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Unit: 1st Free World League Guards
Regiment/Elite/Fanatical
Posting: Berenson
House: Free Worlds League
CO: Colonel Bartholomew Alcala(?)

Edit:
Could I get clarification of which camo pack we need?

Edit:
Nevermind, found it.

Welcome to the game. I was looking up the unit structure for the 1st FWL Guards and they have 108 mechs, 18 aerospace fighters, and a full compliment of support personnel. The mechs in the regiment are Heavies while their fighters are Lights. I don't see anything that says they don't have fleet support, so add in dropships and a jumpship for transport.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users