9 replies to this topic

#1 Aszot

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGdańsk

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

I want to post my favourite cent build here for people to review it, and maybe even help develop it.
So:

LA: AC/10;
RT: DHS, AMS;
RL: AC Ammo (2T);
CT: MLAS (2);
H: AMS Ammo;
LL: AC Ammo, SRM Ammo
LT: SSRM2 (3), DHS;
LA: Nothing;

Upgraded to DHS and FF, it needed some armour adjustments to fit all equipment which mainly means droping all armour from left arm. I placed ammo in legs and head, because heatshoting or legging happens so rarely in cent- people always target autocannon arm or ssrm first. Why onion? It has theese 3 "layers" (arm, side torso, CT), and has serious firepower even after getting some parts shoot off. It is best suited for mid to short assaults, but ain' t got enaugh speed (XL with theese large side torsos is a suicide) or armour to be a threat alone.

My question is: Should I swap to UAC/5 and use saved weight for 2 MPLS and additional DHS?

Thanks for all the help, and see you on the battlefield!

#2 Othello

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Remove the FF and replace it with ENDO. This will save your more weight then FF. You will have to remove enough armor first to remove the FF.

#3 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

My experience with the lower-caliber autocannons is that they're best against the bigger targets. I'd only downgrade to the UAC/5 if you intend to fight heavies and assaults. With streaks equipped, it seems like you're suited to take on lighter chassis' so you could really go either way and be good, but you'd have to adjust your playstyle accordingly.

Edit: redundant statement

Edited by EmperorMyrf, 14 December 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#4 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

UAC/5 is better when it's the main canon, or being used with LRMs, stick to AC/5 when you have SRMs. It's really hard to count to 1.10 when trying to manage lasers and SRMs close up.

#5 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

If you replace the AC 10 with a UAC 5 and switch from FF to endo you have yourself a nice skirmisher.

This is exactly the build I use. Not saying it is the best but I find very effective all round. Granted ECM will omit your SSRMs at times but the trade off is not bad considering your not defensless.

A nice little perk about this build is it also fits the max 260 XL netting you a speed of 90.6 with speed tweak, and you can max your armor. I have DHS but only have 1 HS in addition to the engine. Never overheat even on caustic.

Your gun arm will ususally go first so 1 ton of UAC5 ammo is more than enough. Though I suppose if you really want 2 tons you can lose the extra DHS, but addmitedly I have no idea what your heat management will be like.

Please note however, the repair bill on this badboy if you get seriously cored runs 106 to 110k sometimes.

#6 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostTangelis, on 15 December 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

If you replace the AC 10 with a UAC 5 and switch from FF to endo you have yourself a nice skirmisher.

This is exactly the build I use. Not saying it is the best but I find very effective all round. Granted ECM will omit your SSRMs at times but the trade off is not bad considering your not defensless.

A nice little perk about this build is it also fits the max 260 XL netting you a speed of 90.6 with speed tweak, and you can max your armor. I have DHS but only have 1 HS in addition to the engine. Never overheat even on caustic.

Your gun arm will ususally go first so 1 ton of UAC5 ammo is more than enough. Though I suppose if you really want 2 tons you can lose the extra DHS, but addmitedly I have no idea what your heat management will be like.

Please note however, the repair bill on this badboy if you get seriously cored runs 106 to 110k sometimes.

XL means it dies much faster, and 2 M.Las in the CT is enough to kill. UAC/5 flat out burns ammo like no tomorrow, I often pack 3t ammo on my Dragon.

#7 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostStingz, on 15 December 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

XL means it dies much faster, and 2 M.Las in the CT is enough to kill. UAC/5 flat out burns ammo like no tomorrow, I often pack 3t ammo on my Dragon.

True, but the Gun arm on a Centy is made of kleenex. That's why I don't rely on it at all, I usually lose it long before I run out of ammo so its never an issue. Primarily I use it to scare LRM boats.

The XL..you're right there. But I'll take the trade off for the max speed, I find I die just as fast at 60 or 70kph in a standard engine. Of course entirely my perspective there, I guess It's a matter of what we think the lesser of two evils is.

#8 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

I'm running my CN9-A almost like that:
200 Std, Endo-steel, DHS, AC/10 with 3 tons ammo, 2xML, 3xSSRM-2 with 2 tons ammo, full armour.

I did use the UAC/5 on it, but changed it out because of the jam rate; darn thing seem jinxed and always jams when I need it the most.

I don't use an XL other than on the CN9-D, I find the zombie mode too useful; I often get a kill or two with one or both arms shot off.

#9 Aszot

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGdańsk

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

After running some time with UAC/5, I decided I rather prefer AC/10. the ultra lacks the stopping power of Class 10 Autocannon.
But agreed, I' ll swich to endo and drop AMS to fit 2 MPL. I' ve been thinking about Guass, and double MPL or triple streaks, but after last update it is too damn fragile.

#10 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

Upgrade to endo first then take off FF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users