I Will Not Spend A Dollar On Mwo Untill Ecm Is Gone...

142 replies to this topic

#21 Vessiel

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

The problem is not in the ecm per se, but the lock on weapons, especially the ssrm, if you have 2+ missile slot, you can kill any mech from medium class and below, and it's simple to see that, before the ecm, 9/10 of the mechs with missile slot have ssrm; and now, with ecm, any mech which can use it and have missile slot, put ssrm in it.. This version of ecm is only a consequence of the high damage, low difficult usage of the lock on weapons

#22 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostWispsy, on 15 December 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

5 founders vs 2 trials.

WE LOST
ECM MUST BE OP

Except anyone with half a brain knows that they need to get the trial folk to stay in order to keep the cash coming in to keep the game running.

I already spent a good deal of money on this game (more than you elite founders since you want to pull THAT card thanks ;)) and I am not spending more money on this game till they fix the ****** ECM gameplay either

#23 Liberty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

I had fun in the VirtueWorld mech simulators. Surprised MWO take that road as a model for the game.

#24 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostRockWolf, on 15 December 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Tag anyone?

then they should rename lrms to mrms

#25 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

I would recomend learning how ECM works.Once a player knows how ECM functions and the hard counters to ECM they may then move on to anti ECM tactics that involve soft counters.

I will give you a few examples of hard and soft counters.

Hard counter: ECM set on counter mode prevents a single ECM from running in disrupt mode.This effectivley removes ECM from the battle.

Hard counter: Using TAG on a target that can not be locked onto but can be seen because it is under ECM disrupt makes the target visable and lockable.The TAG equiped unit needs to be more than 180m away from the ECM equiped mech but not neccissarily the TAGed target unless of course the TAGed target IS the ECM equiped mech.

Soft counter: Use accurate direct fire weapons with long range capabilities.Post "snipers" along any open killing ground.You can enhance accuracy with thermal optics and/or zoom mode (including advanced zoom mod.)I would recomend large lasers as a weapon type to fill this nitche.A Catapult K2 with 300xl 20 DHS maxed armor and 4 x Large Lasers is a decent build to fill this role.

Soft counter: Good old fashioned mark 1 eyeballs.ECM does not make a mech invisable to visual inspection so accurate recon is a soft counter to ECM.I would recomend speedy mechs as a means of countering slower ECM defended mechs.
If the enemy is moving an assault lance under an ECM to prevent targeting they will need to remain at the worst speed of the bunch and within 180m of ECM.This reduces manuverability so manuverability is a counter.Being able to out manuver an enemy is a force multiplyer as is ECM.Use recon and manuver wisely and you can soft counter ECM use.

#26 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostVessiel, on 15 December 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

The problem is not in the ecm per se, but the lock on weapons, especially the ssrm, if you have 2+ missile slot, you can kill any mech from medium class and below, and it's simple to see that, before the ecm, 9/10 of the mechs with missile slot have ssrm; and now, with ecm, any mech which can use it and have missile slot, put ssrm in it.. This version of ecm is only a consequence of the high damage, low difficult usage of the lock on weapons

This.

ECM creates a game environment where SSRMs are limited almost exclusively to those with ECM. If you don't have it, you're very likely to never be able to fire them.

Combine that with lagshielded Ravens and Commandos (to a lesser extent, from what I've seen), and you have a recipe for extremely hard to kill mechs that hit anything with little skill.

View PostLykaon, on 15 December 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

I would recomend learning how ECM works.Once a player knows how ECM functions and the hard counters to ECM they may then move on to anti ECM tactics that involve soft counters.

Knowing how ECM works and how to lessen its effects does not mean that the ECM isn't too powerful. The Remnant knows how to deal with ECM, and it takes the LEAST skill to do: Switch all your weapons to direct fire. I don't think we have a single LRM user or SSRM user. Everyone uses ballistics, lasers, and maybe SRMs. There, that's it. We don't have to worry about ECM, and we just bring one of our own to hide under.

I could try to figure my way around rogues back in Burning Crusades as my warlock, but that didn't mean they weren't the top tier class at the time with Warlocks under their heel. We can thank Blizzard for Will of the Forsaken + Trinkets.

Edited by Orzorn, 15 December 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#27 Liberty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

I wouldn't say light mechs have little skill. Up close its kinda hard to miss a mech that's not a light when it takes up half your screen. If you are still alive then you are probably doing something right. Lag shields need fixin but keep in mind lights get that when firing at other lights too.

#28 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

It doesn't need to be removed. It's just in dire need of a nerf wack. Either that or buff the BAP/NARC up to its lvl. Currently we got a scale where one side is on the floor, while the other is max height. It's very illogical and I've no idea why they would have done it except to cater the game to talentless low IQ brawlers.

#29 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I have been playing Battletech since I was able to make enough money doing private landscaping in 1984 to get the original boxed set. I have been enjoying and financially supporting this franchise for 28 years.

PGI, please check my account. You will see I have spent $120 on my founders package and also an additional $250 since OB started on MC. That is $370 so far. I would like to continue to give you a portion of my disposable income each month, but I also enjoy ECM.

If you do like getting around $100 per month from me, and like having me as a customer then please ignore OPs post and leave ECM in the game. If you do so I will continue spending with you. If you follow OPs post, and remove ECM, then I will need to re-evaluate our financial arrangement, which could mean spending my disposable income elsewhere in the future.

The choice is yours.

#30 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

If you're such a big fan of MW, you should want better than what this game has been degenerated into.

Edited by Bluten, 15 December 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#31 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostAsakara, on 15 December 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

I have been playing Battletech since I was able to make enough money doing private landscaping in 1984 to get the original boxed set. I have been enjoying and financially supporting this franchise for 28 years.

PGI, please check my account. You will see I have spent $120 on my founders package and also an additional $250 since OB started on MC. That is $370 so far. I would like to continue to give you a portion of my disposable income each month, but I also enjoy ECM.

If you do like getting around $100 per month from me, and like having me as a customer then please ignore OPs post and leave ECM in the game. If you do so I will continue spending with you. If you follow OPs post, and remove ECM, then I will need to re-evaluate our financial arrangement, which could mean spending my disposable income elsewhere in the future.

The choice is yours.

im sure they are happy for your money but wth are you buying?
theres nothing besides mechbays and a few cosmetic things to purchase.

#32 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

View Postsoarra, on 15 December 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

im sure they are happy for your money but wth are you buying?
theres nothing besides mechbays and a few cosmetic things to purchase.

Besides those things you mentioned I have also purchased mechs sometimes and converted mech XP to GXP.

#33 ReD3y3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I have spent more than $150 and will spend much more in the year to come.

I want ECM to stay.

#34 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostReD3y3, on 15 December 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

I have spent more than $150 and will spend much more in the year to come.

I want ECM to stay.

... why? Currently, it's nothing but a bane on this game. Until it gets some nerfs, or other stuff gets some buffs, it's done nothing good for this game. I don't know how you people can defend it unless you just liked 300m pewpew.

#35 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

founders plus $30 maybe and ecm is fine. It makes you work as a team.
I even pugged with my foudners cat and topped damage/kills self tagging things.
Streaks are supplementary weapons not meant to be main.

#36 ReD3y3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostBluten, on 15 December 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

... why? Currently, it's nothing but a bane on this game. Until it gets some nerfs, or other stuff gets some buffs, it's done nothing good for this game. I don't know how you people can defend it unless you just liked 300m pewpew.

Because we have to think about what we bring into the game. Not just the biggest guns or fastest mechs.

Strategy is a part of our drops now.

Whod of thunk it ?

#37 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Same folks who tried to kill LRMs are loving ECM I think. I don't love it but I don't specifically hate it either. We just need ECM to be made Guardian ECM and in a few years add Angel ECM.

#38 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Oh look - more people saying they will leave.

I don't think this matters honestly, PGI is rolling in money and support and I think they are dead on with the ECM & their whole system, because even though I see these threads all the time, I'm quite sure that infact MWO is racking in swaths of cash and new players daily because everything is awesome sauce and the whiners need to just leave and not come back.

So PGI must know what they are doing...right?

#39 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

I want the ECM stay as it is.

I just bought a Com-2D equipt it with Endosteel, putt 3x SSRM2 inside it, a ECM... alltogether 2,5M easy to reach.

Repaircosts are 17k Max, i am winning a Lot.. i got Prem running so i made today in 4-5 Hours 6 Million C-bills.

Money Cow on the Run ECM equipt Light. No repair costs plenty of shooting and spotting lot of C-bills.
Nobody now needs Premium. Because you can Money Farm very easy thanks to Com-2D ECM.

Edit.:
Everbody who dislikes ECM should go out with this Setup and earn Money this weekend that we have as much ECM mechs out there as possible,

You got your C-Bills and PGI will learn a lesson how they made Premium and paying for MC totally Useless... as everybody W/O Premium can afford the biggest Mech in just 6 Hours playing by using the Cheap to get and repair Commando-2D this think is a ridicullus Money cow. You can hit every Mech, so you get Kill assist Money, you spot a lot of Mechs, so you get this Money Bonus, you do lot of Damage, so you get lot of C-bill bonus there, and the more ECM the team got the more likely it wins. -> Best Money Cow for 2,5M in MWO, thanks to ECM.
And it is ridicullus Cheap to repair.
Normaly around 12k 2 Tons SSRM Ammo are enough at 75% Welfare Ammo.

So i want that ECM stays because then i will never be in the need to pay anything for MWO.

Edited by Elkarlo, 15 December 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#40 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 December 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Same folks who tried to kill LRMs are loving ECM I think. I don't love it but I don't specifically hate it either. We just need ECM to be made Guardian ECM and in a few years add Angel ECM.

I never once tried to kill LRMs at any point, in any post, yet I enjoy ECM.

54 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 54 guests, 0 anonymous users