A Brief Tutorial

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ronson

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 80 posts
  • LocationDon't look behind , i might be shootin mah LAZORZ atchu !

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

What about this :

After you installed the game , logged in , before showing the LAUNCH button , it should be a LEARN button , and the first mission should be a tutorial , on how to use all the commands and what for , and to teach the new player the purpose of the game . Teach the new player how to take cover , teach the new player how important it is to go back to base if its under attack. Basically teach the new player that MWO is not a FPS like the others games.

Although it's just a game , i rage like hell behind my screen when i see such bad habits gained in any other FPS by some players , simply rushing into battle , and getting focused by the entire enemy team , resulting into a 1 shot .

#2 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

I had to giggle when I saw that you liked your own post.

But I do believe they are working on a tutorial.

I would much like it to be similar to how the Cadet Training in MechWarrior 2 was. Drill instructor included, with friendly fire enabled. So he can shoot you back at your expense.

Learn how to pilot, shoot sporadic moving spheres and stationary spheres (your mech would be both standing still and moving), Jump Jet usage, speed training and mech maneuvering (turning at high speeds, slowing the mech to make the turn), how to use the targeting ® properly, etc.

#3 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Tutorial is certainly needed.

Less punishing game modes for new players as well, aka, something with respawns, would help the appeal of this game greatly.

#4 Ronson

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 80 posts
  • LocationDon't look behind , i might be shootin mah LAZORZ atchu !

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

i gotta like my posts , makes others besides me giggle :P

yeh , but a tutorial gotta be made in a more complex way than it was in MW2 , as in , having more than just one mission , and each of the missions should teach a new lesson . Otherwise , simply teaching the commands , that wont be much of a tutorial in a MMO that MWO will soon to become .

Ronson , out !

#5 Steele Phoenix

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Have to say as a new player I feel almost helpless. I feel bad for the people on my team because I am not helping in the least. Except for maybe being a target for a bit. Would really help to have a 'less painful' way to learn. Certain my teammates would agree. 3 matchs now and I think I have done a total of ~100 damage.

#6 Bigbaddaboom

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

pretty sure there is a big blue button on the "HOME" screen that says "visit training grounds" give it a try.

Edited by Bigbaddaboom, 16 December 2012 - 02:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users