Hunchback 4H Ideas?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Op4blushift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hey guys, I recently bought a 4H (after liking the 4SP so much) and I've left it mostly stock except for upgrading the SHS to DHS (which I basically do to all my mechs). I don't really know what to do with it, but I've been thinking about putting a Gauss on it or just upgrading the ac10 to a 20 and being a default 4G. Anyone have any of their own builds they'd like to share?

#2 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

You can do a 4G with the AC/20 and 5 Medium Lasers or if you feel that it runs too hot, plug in 2 more small lasers in the extra energy slots. Not really a fan of the AC/10 but it has the same DPS as an AC/20 (I think) if you constantly hit on cooldown.

45 damage Alpha Strike sounds nice though. I'd probably run in 5x ML and 1 AC/20.

#3 Op4blushift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Hmm, 5 ML does sound like it'd run pretty hot especially since my current build only has 1.1 heat efficiency. Will play around with it once I get the C-bills though. I'm hoping the AC-10 will be more useful in the upcoming patch/patches since the devs said they are buffing the ac weapons a bit.

#4 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

If you work it right and have all the space saving upgrades you can mix an AC10 or UAC5 with a large laser or PPC in torso with medium lasers in the arms. You get some ranged capabilities while retaining the ability to brawl effectively The only issue might be that the in ability to equip heat sinks in your legs might cause some issues.

I don't know how effective the build would be, but it sure would be different!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users