• LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

And how much damage does each pelt do?

#2 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

It does has 10 pelts.

These pelts are great for making clothing, that will keep your targets warm during cold weather. The pelts are also very durable, so they are suitable for use in making tents and other things that need to be rugged.

Also, each pelts does am has been also doing has 1 damage.

Me am think the pelts need a buffet.

PGI should does pelts with 1.2 damage, and then does a seeing how that working at the game. This being now 12 damage total will all pelts in the entire day.

#3 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

It would be nice if the LBX had a little more ommph than the AC10 in exchange for the spread out nature of the damage.

#4 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostWrenchfarm, on 16 December 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

It would be nice if the LBX had a little more ommph than the AC10 in exchange for the spread out nature of the damage.

Does am me saying this as whale.

Am saying 1.2 damn mage per pelt, for starting yes. Now seeing how plays, and PGI decide for good decisions.

#5 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

The Venerable Vechs replied my post.

"My heart is beating like a jun-gle-drum...."

I just wanna see the dev lowering the spread of LBX10. I feel totally comfortable with the damage LBX10 deals - it doesn't require hardcore aiming, which eliminates the problem of having to stop your mech for a more precise aiming. Also works well against lights.

#6 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

After using the LB10X a lot, I can say, I think it needs a slight damage buff. While the pellets do full damage out to 540m, the weapon is certainly not effective out to 540m, so the max range is very misleading. This is because of the spread.

The thing is, I like the current spread. So instead of tightening it, I'd like to see them try bumping up the damage -- I think 1.2 per pellet would be a good place to start, and see how that plays out.

#7 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

LB 10-X AC: 10 pellets, each doing a whopping 1 damage. Boost damage per pellet up to +/-1.5. It can't use slug rounds, and has pretty bad spread.

I don't think anyone can say they have ever been killed by LBX more than a few times, if ever. 10 damage spread over an entire mech, SRMs do that with much better efficiency and damage.

Edited by Stingz, 16 December 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#8 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 16 December 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

And how much damage does each pelt do?

An LB10-X fires 10 shots, each of which does 1 damage.

#9 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostStingz, on 16 December 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

I don't think anyone can say they have ever been killed by LBX more than a few times, if ever.

I think that's more to due with it's lack of popularity than anything. The LBX is niche but that's not really a bad thing. The problem is that it's niche and expensive and difficult to employ AND there are weapons that out preform it for similar and lower tonnage.

Another problem is that many of the mechs which can accommodate it into a load out with out making too many sacrifices are large and cumbersome machines who may not be able to bridge the range gap. While I do feel that there are come weapons that simply should not be feasible on smaller mechs with out making great sacrifices I do feel that all weapons should be usful with out having to make sacrifices and the LBX just seems to under preform while being too niche as it is currently implemented.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users