• LocationUk

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Interesting title...

XL 195
3 x SSRM 2's ( 3t of ammo iirc )
1 x SL ( or tag )
ECM
Max armor

Or for lol's last night i put 3 x SRM 6 into my 2D. Had to shave off armor lose the ECM and only had 2 tonnes of ammo, but oh my the look on other lights faces when i was dropping 45 damage alphas into them was hilarious.

#3 Jaynestown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

195 XL is the way to go. Mr Steik's "lol's" COM-2D is my favorite build for it. I drop one of the SRM6 down to an SRM4 for a 40 damage alpha, lose the small laser, and I avoid fighting lights whenever possible. Find a medium or larger mech and drop a few volleys into its back.

#4 Mr Steik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUk

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostJaynestown, on 17 December 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

195 XL is the way to go. Mr Steik's "lol's" COM-2D is my favorite build for it. I drop one of the SRM6 down to an SRM4 for a 40 damage alpha, lose the small laser, and I avoid fighting lights whenever possible. Find a medium or larger mech and drop a few volleys into its back.

I just went after some lights as they expected me to be packing streaks and ECM... Oh how they were wrong :lol:

Rear coring people with that build is the way to go, couple of alpha's to any mechs back and they're either dead or wishing they were.

#5 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostMr Steik, on 17 December 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

Interesting title...

XL 195
3 x SSRM 2's ( 3t of ammo iirc )
1 x SL ( or tag )
ECM
Max armor

Or for lol's last night i put 3 x SRM 6 into my 2D. Had to shave off armor lose the ECM and only had 2 tonnes of ammo, but oh my the look on other lights faces when i was dropping 45 damage alphas into them was hilarious.

Don't encourage this!

#6 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Take a Med. Laser instead of the TAG.
Add whatever modules you feel like.

Profit.

It feels kinda cheesy though.

#7 TitanSeraph

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

I always loved the commando. Seems so harmless. Until you see them packing a considerable punch for its weight.

Loading it up with a small pulse laser, tag, and filling the rest with srm4 /ssrm2 (srm6 is too heat heavy, and srm4 is a fair damage dealing weapon), the commando's standard engine and ~85 kmh speed allows it to cause some serious damage to the backs of mechs - just like a commando should be used. With ECM, it's almost unstopable (until you try to bite more than you can chew)

#8 Jaynestown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

I know I can get 2xSRM6 and 1xSRM4 with two tons ammo. Now I'm wondering if I should try 3x SRM4 and one ton ammo... with Artemis. I mean, repair/re-arm is out of the game, right! All bets are off :)

#9 Ryebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

As a Commando runner (running a 2D before streaks were cool) was my "I need to win a game mech". Once the world got wind of Streakcats and ECM was released Commandos are prime targets and can't exactly get away with being ignored.

Though I had an amazing 4 kills 4 assists with a 2D with an ER PPC and ECM. Basically burning around at 136kph lobbing blue bolts into people's backs was fun stuff.

#10 Lootee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

The one I run looks like a stock COM-2D to the enemy.

Med laser, SRM6 and SRM4.

But under the hood is a 175xl engine, DHS, ECM, endo, and 176 pts of armor.

It has a 30 pt alpha strike and generates very little heat. Bigger mechs don't usually expect to get hit that hard when they let a COM sneak behind them. Only problem is 2 tons of ammo is only enough for 20 shots.

If you set the ECM to counter it looks just like a NOOBmando so doesn't draw as much attention as the ravens or streak ones.

Edited by PanchoTortilla, 18 December 2012 - 08:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users