The Nova Cat.

25 replies to this topic

#21 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

Salvaging a Nova Cat is why I can't wait for the Clans to get here with their nice toys.

#22 Ethicus

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 20 May 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

i would not worry to much about the Nova Cat anyway as in the clan invasion this was the list of clan mech that were used and really should be the only clan mech we should see any time soon.

Well in that case...

From that list:

Light: Puma (always adored the puma. its a lil ball of energized rage)
Medium: Ryoken (great all-around design)
Heavy: Mad Cat (*sigh* why so perfect)
Assault: Warhalk (sorry i like the 4 PPCs)

#23 HeraldOfBadger

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

I just saw the teaser pics for the nova cat ...

What the eff are these nova cats doing with hand actuators? They are heavy clan mechs. They should NOT have hands! I was even going to let slide the 12 medium lasers and ZERO ppc and l-laser they come with. But HANDS?? This is too much.

#24 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

That is not the Nova Cat, and that is MEDIUM mech. And hand actuators have a use in Battletech which Mechwarrior is based off of. Also, way to thread necromance.

Nova

Nova Cat

Supernova

ITT: Ignorance leading to unfounded anger.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 25 May 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#25 VEJ JEY

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

Hello MWO universe, I just started playing and I am outperforming even experienced players in Nova Cat Prime, and I am gonna share this beautiful experience on how to do it
So this is what I came to understand , and first thing first is its PERKS, oh my god they are so good.

Step 1 - Buy Nova Cat Prime
Step 2 - throw out 1 ER ppc
Step 3 - Targeting computer 7 In arm where PPC is
Step 4 - put Clan active probe in left arm
Step 5 - 14 DHS 5 in each shoulder 3 in left arm
Step 6 - see If you want TC6 + additional heat sink in the right arm
Note: remove armor from legs and head until you can fit all these components

After that you wanna go into your skill tree.

FIREPOWER / 5 % range 6% velocity / 7 nodes

SURVIVAL / armor bonus 16% ,structure bonus 31% / fall damage - 50%(cause you took away armor from legs, and since you are sniper you wanna be able to jump off in case of light hunters or other dangers) / critical hit chance (receiving) -12$

OPERATIONS - quick ignition (-21 % startup duration cause you cannot avoid it, and its useful when you overheat and power back up) / improved gyros (-70% screen shake, cause you wanna be able to trade and keep your guns on point vs ballistic snipers) / hill climb -15% (since you are sniper you will love high grounds and getting there faster is a must) / max heat +15% /
/heat dissipation +10%

SENSORS (this is the most important since you need data on armor because you have targeting computer and probe) - Target info gathering +35% / target decay (just 0.7 since you are forced to take to get seismic sensors) / Advanced zoom ( very very important to pinpoint damage and don't forget to keep very low mouse sensitivity) / radar deprivation +60% (damn lrms Posted Image ) / seismic sensor range +200 ( so you can know when lights are near or any other robot to pop UAV and give your team info + you call help with command so they pay attention)
360 target retention range (so when you get caught alone you can keep eyes on targets movement and prevent back stabbing)

AUXILIARY - extra consumable slots +3 / enhanced cool hot +30% coolshot cooldown -25% + 1 capacity / UAV range +40% , duration +10, capacity +1

GG HAVE FUN AND FIND A FRIEND TO SNIPER WITH Posted Image

#26 ScreamingSkull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:34 PM

Holy necro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users