Finally Built A 9M I Love

No replies to this topic

#1 Lennex

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

I've been primarily running around in a 3L and 2X raven since I got into the game. They have been the best performers for me for quite a while. Not a lot of kills, but I usually get around 300 damage, a few kill assists, and of course most of my points are doing what Ravens do best... spotting and capturing.

But I've always loved the Awesome, ever since my table top days. I usually ran a stock 9M or 8Q in table top, and was very excited with the 9M variant came out, as I wasn't doing so well with the 8Q.

I had load of issues for quite a while, but this weekend rebuilt it and now I'm happy and doing very well with it, 500-600 damage, 2-3 kills, and usually a few assists as well.

2 ERPPC's, 2 ER Large Lasers, SRM 6, 20 Dbl sinks, and 320 XL engine. Armor is max @ 494.

It's doing very well as a long range sniper. I was having issues with my original config (3 ER PPCs, 3 Medium lasers, 2 SSRM2) once mechs started to get in close. Which makes no sense as the 3Mlas and SSRM's should handle the lights easier. Well, apparently not so.

the SRM 6 fires in a tighter spread and with multiple volleys, which are easy to aim, and of course deal more damage. The ER Large Lasers for me are easier to control heat wise than 3 mediums. So once a mech gets in tight I can usually still deal decent damage with the Large lasers...which are usually pelting at a distance already.

Very happy with this config, and I think I'll run it for quite a while. It's a tricky variant chassis to build off of in my opinion. Right now my biggest vulnerability is that XL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users