STD 300 engine - 57.1 kph
56 firepower
1.13 Heat efficiency.
83 tons
Endo steel.

Posted Image

Did this yesterday, Caustic.

Posted Image

Heh, you've got pretty much the same stalker build as I do, though I ended up with 2x Artemis SRM4s w/ 1 ton of ammo rather than the 4 SSRM2s with 1 ton of ammo.
I like the extra alpha, and I can manage most lights with the 4 larges alone.

#102 Moneysh0t

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

70:30 LRM/MLas build:

3F
2 x lrm 15
2 x lrm 10
4 x mlas
2 x slas
DHS
10t lrm ammo

Lasers help against annoying scouts while I seek out a team mate to help peel them off.

I usually like to stay in reasonable proximity of the main fights (300m) with direct line of sight. I prefer my missile volleys to stay nice and low so they hit the front of the target directly. Also sit in a spot with room behind me to back away unimpeded. If I notice that I have someone's attention and they start coming at me, just back away while firing. The volleys get more and more damaging the closer they come up to min range ..... they usually back off, and usually too late.

Startup-Shutdown, EPC try not to explode build:

3F
no special heating arrangements
reduce weight enough to load up 6 EPC's
just map one fire button with all 6 EPC's in the group

Great fun watching the sparks and limbs flying off your targets, unfortunately without proper heat optimization, it just shuts down for every alpha. Amusing sometimes, pointless usually.

Edited by Moneysh0t, 03 January 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#103 PaintedWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Okay I reduced SRMs somewhat in order to load this with goodies: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0fa2e0ff051ae72

Max Armor, 21 DHS, AMS w/ lots of ammo, even has Pulse Lasers in case of Lights.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e1db4058f535a9b Similar build, but with 18 DHS, near max armor (about 1 ton less then max), added Artemis and buffed all SRMs to 6s, removed 3 medium/medium pulse laser(s), added an ER Large Laser, slower speed. Kept AMS with 2k ammo.

Edited by PaintedWolf, 03 January 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#104 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Aprtly the 2nd launcher on the LT is for NARC and only fires one at a time (per mwowiki). What I've started doing is running like 480/526 armor and dropping about 10-15 off the arms and legs. These almost never blow out as I die from torso problems almost every match. This frees up enough weight for a LL in the CT. So I'm running 1 LL, 4 ML, 24srm, 6 ton srm ammo, 275 std, 20 heatsinks. I definitely think it is worth considering dropping AMS for an extra heatsink. This thing runs hot for sure.

Edited by Regrets, 04 January 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#105 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

View PostRegrets, on 04 January 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Aprtly the 2nd launcher on the LT is for NARC and only fires one at a time (per mwowiki). What I've started doing is running like 480/526 armor and dropping about 10-15 off the arms and legs. These almost never blow out as I die from torso problems almost every match. This frees up enough weight for a LL in the CT. So I'm running 1 LL, 4 ML, 24srm, 6 ton srm ammo, 275 std, 20 heatsinks. I definitely think it is worth considering dropping AMS for an extra heatsink. This thing runs hot for sure.

I am a pretty strong believer in the Anti-Missile System, and 1 extra 1.40 heat sink does not seem worth losing my entire AMS capability. Also players without AMS are kind of borrowing from those who have AMS I notice.

#106 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 04 January 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

I am a pretty strong believer in the Anti-Missile System, and 1 extra 1.40 heat sink does not seem worth losing my entire AMS capability. Also players without AMS are kind of borrowing from those who have AMS I notice.

It's true to some degree, but the real question is if your team would be better off with you firing faster. If you are getting shot by LRM, for the most part your positioning is probably poor. If paired with ECM atlas I'd like AMS much more and maybe AMS is better on a few maps but overall I'd rather have more heat.

#107 Peter von Danzig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 25 December 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

And 6 PPC "Stalker of Doom":

IMO a pretty useless build: You can see how heat management fails. Plus: Within your minimum ppc-range you are an easy prey even for light mechs.

On my Stalker F I tried three different configurations and each of them rocked.

The missile boat (600-900 Damage per game)
2 x ML
2 x LRM20
2 x LRM10

The Brawler (500-700 Damage per game)
4 x MPL
4 x SRM6 + Artemis

The Allrounder (500-800 Damage per Game)
4 x LL
Lots of double heatsinks and 305STD

I think the F Variant is one of the best mettlemechs in game bacause of its hard point restriction. You can choose between long range fighting, short range brawling and something between. The only thing I miss is the possibility two mount ballistic weapons...

Edited by Peter von Danzig, 04 January 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#108 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostRegrets, on 04 January 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

It's true to some degree, but the real question is if your team would be better off with you firing faster. If you are getting shot by LRM, for the most part your positioning is probably poor. If paired with ECM atlas I'd like AMS much more and maybe AMS is better on a few maps but overall I'd rather have more heat.

So what if one of your team-mates gets stuck out there and you need to cover him/her with an AMS wall? Do we go 8/7 and hope one of their own DC'ed? It sounds like you think these battles are pre-determined to an inordinate degree.

Then there is the possibility of Caustic Valley, where your entire team can get caught in an LRM barrage. If everyone has AMS that is no problem, but a brawler built Stalker without AMS is just dead-weight at this point. Maybe you could just abandon slower or targeted team-mates to the fates, or make a mad dash for their LRM boats, but wouldn't it be better if everyone just used that 1.5 tons for an AMS shield? I actually prefer to double up on that just to be safe.

A single AMS will stop LRM-5s cold. That is 10 points of damage mitigated. They can over-lap, something not in TT which really changes the dynamics of gameplay. A group with lots of AMS will be virtually immune to LRM attacks, giving it that extra-time to find cover. Or to save a friend, etc. In any case, saying it stops even 2 flights of missiles, it just saved you 20 damage, which is worth 1.4 heat imo.

I've seen a lot of times where a Mech doesn't have AMS and just hides, watching two buddies have to stand out there and shoot down missiles for their own LRM boat- I mean real cool, we just stand out here guarding the LRM boat and you sit there looking menacing. And then THEY start getting hit by myself and dude is still just standing there. Also when they add in Engine crits this will be more important.

Last there are always those players whose actions cannot always be explained by logic. At the very least I want them to have AMS, and if more people have it chances are they will add it sooner.

Edited by PaintedWolf, 04 January 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#109 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostPeter von Danzig, on 04 January 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

IMO a pretty useless build: You can see how heat management fails. Plus: Within your minimum ppc-range you are an easy prey even for light mechs.

If used right it is suppressive fire. That entire match of one of the latest videos the entire enemy team was pinned behind a rock, allowing the Thor's Hammer group a chance to ambush enemies when they popped their heads out.

They did send a Light Mech, and by then the enemy team had the numbers advantage freed to send one of their Lights back. The enemy was too pinned down for LRMs to be much use anyways- they were basically crouching.

And by the time the Light started to get the better of the Thor Hammer's team-member Light-assigned guard Mech, they had a Medium freed to help guard too.

Having an initial resource advantage can have a compounding effect if used correctly, and that Mech, when used by a player capable of excellent aim, can quickly reduce enemy numbers and free your own Mechs. I have not seen it play Conquest though.

#110 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Okay so leg armor and arm armor are reduced slightly, some CT front detracted and a little bit of back armor added. I centralized the laser fire to add extra Double-Heat sinks, basically traded 3 Mediums for an ER Large Laser. Has 4 SRM-6s with Artemis and now NARC and AMS w/ 2000 ammo. So a very high-tech unit.

I notice enemies rarely leg a Stalker.

So the large laser is there in part not just sniping or doing that extra-damage but also in case the enemy tries to retreat.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a7a404a79f05307

x4 MLs, x4 SRM-6, x1 LL, AMS /1000 ammo, 21 DHS, Max Armor, 275 Grade Engine (Std)

Edited by PaintedWolf, 04 January 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#111 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

In places like Caustic Valley, the AMS ammo will be expended pretty quickly during the initial LRM barrages leaving little to nothing for the brawl. I'd rather backpedal and try and keep near large objects to block incoming missiles or try to cram in an extra heat sink or ton of ammo. After trying out a few builds, this is what I settled on for my 5M.

Engine STD 255
20 Double Heat Sinks
2 x PPC
3 x Medium Laser
1 x SRM-2 (in Narc slot)
1 x SRM-4 (equip it before SRM-2)
1 ton SRM ammo
1 x LRM-15
2 tons LRM ammo

#112 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'm running like 52 on arms and legs, but max CT. You will need CT when the side busts out.

When they nerf ECM, then I start running AMS. Until then heatsink is better on LL/PPC build just my opinion. Often I run 4LL and 300std for the extra heatsink.

Edited by Regrets, 04 January 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#113 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a62b9837c270337

Slightly reduced firepower but lots of DHS (20) plus Artemis, plenty of ammo and 5 MLs. Maxed armor except 1/2 ton on the legs.

#114 neviu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

#115 Mcguire

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

3h build

X2 Er Ppc chain fired
X4 Streak Srm 2
22 dhs
std 300 engine

#116 Chrono X

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

I've played around 40+ games in an attempt to find viable Stalker builds. I have come to the conclusion, from a lone wolf perspective, Stalkers should be built in two different variants: (1) PCC and (2) SRM 6 w/ ML's.

LRM variations of the Stalker can and DO work. However, only when you have a competent team (preferably with a TAG).

Here's some of the builds I use as a LW (approx. 500+ damage per game). I recommend avoiding an XL engine; simply because the increased chance to be cored (from left/right torso).

STK-3F (or 5S)

STD Engine 255
20 DBL HS
2 ER PCC*
2 PCC
2 ML

*note: ER PCC's have no minimum range.

and

STK 5M
XL 300 (or STD 255)
17 DBL HS
5 SRM 6 + Artemis (Quantity: 800)
4 ML
1 LL

Thanks.

#117 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

someone just asked me for my stalker LLAS build, so here it is;

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d4db9f27a2bf016

300std, endo + DHS
5LL, 3SSRM2 (2t) AMS (1t)

very fun mech!

#118 C0unt

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

I wonder how so many weapons can fit in so small shape as stalker? Smaller than catapult, smaller than awesome, smaller than dragon or atlas. Seems like only light mechs and cicada definitely smaller than stalker.
Maybe developers mistaken with stalker size? Maybe they should blow up stalker body up to 25% in every dimension.

#119 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Yeah but it has no arms. Pretty much guaranteed torso hit when are shot...

#120 Click

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Amazingly I don't recall dying a single time without having an arm and side torso destroyed before..

And the stalker can only fit such weapons without endo or FF armor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users