True Old School Players...

10 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

Im looking for the guys who came from the AOL chat rooms to form some of the greatest Mechwarrior teams spawning from The Grand Council and the Mechwarrior Registry through the Net Battlech League

#2 Ennui

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:09 AM

Surely you could have come up with a topic title that's a bit less passive aggressive towards the other "old school players" thread just beneath this one? Can't we all be friends?

After all, the truest old school players predate AOL by almost a decade... the Battletech board game came out in the mid 80s.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

Ennui I'm your old school example even though I did visit the AOL BattleTech Chat a few times... back in the day!

#4 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:47 AM

Okay lets clarify a few things...

1st I played the board games as well, though we all know that its irellevant when it comes to playing online games in the grand scheme. I used to play crescent hawks inception on my apple IIe in school with my freinds back in the early eightys, does that make me a Mechwarrior who understands the modern genre of gaming...not likely

2nd The other thread was asking about Mech 3 players....anyone who played the Mechwarrior based games in all of the major leagues will agree that Mech 3 was the worst of the mechwarrior gaming genre, and any self respecting mechwarrior pilot refused to play that game because of how crappy a lag fest it was.

3rd I made this post because Im seeking old timers like [DCM]Motown3058, [ELH]Macks, [SRM]Dacobra, [HS]Killdare, [CH]Ghost, [DCM]Loki and the original Mechwarriors from grand council.

Im also looking for my former teammates from The Crecent Hawks Both Regsitery and The Mech Lord League, House Davion The Registry, [DCM](House Kurita) from the Registry, The Killing Zone, Net Battletech League, Mech Lord League, Astral Dominion, UTS

I have been posting mostly in the House Kurita section of the forums, sop fellas if you come active make your bost under the DCM Thread

#5 Ennui

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

Take it easy :D I was just joking with you because your topic title seemed a bit like a dig at the other thread! No offense intended :)

If you want specific people to see this thread and recognize you, you might want to consider making the topic title a bit more specific / directly relevant to your point (i.e. including [DCM] or some of the old leagues in the title itself).

#6 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

Im not offended, and the title was originally intended to troll the other thread ;-)

#7 Ennui

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

Well... there you go :)

#8 Razor Kotovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 754 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussian Death Legion, Golden Lion lance lieutenant

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Thread title will more likely attract eXpertise and black knight lovers than old farts in question.

#9 Dacobra

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationYour planet soon

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

SRM Dacobra checking in.

#10 Tevenor

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Ahhh the good ole days of MPlayer, NetMech, KALI, etc. The old leagues....I played in TFS and Starleague for a while under the [LCAF] moniker.

#11 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Nice topic necromancy, Tevenor. ^.^ I remember the old days. I was told AOL was evil, so I got my start on the text-based Kali network playing MW2 Netmech with Killdare et al. I don't recall much but I do remember those names "grand council, registry, NBL." I also remember a giant galactic map that changed every time we won or lost a match for the night. It had a web interface and a serious economy tracking tool. I have no idea which league that was but the volunteers who put it together were pioneers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users