• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 259 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEdmonds, WA

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:59 PM

View PostNomadWolf, on 11 April 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

probably that thing looks complicated

Here is how it looked after import (and I deleted the standard cockpit and cockpit prop
Posted Image

#1822 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:13 AM

Thanks to all! I'm happy you like it!

Here, I made a seperate thread with new renderings, which I'll keep updated:

http://mwomercs.com/...es-c4d-renders/

#1823 Wanderer of the Mists

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationAlabama UAS

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostSeijin Dinger, on 12 April 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Here is how it looked after import (and I deleted the standard cockpit and cockpit prop
Posted Image

Looking good I'm still stuck on getting it changed to the file type blinder can use i don't understand any of it cant get it to work so i can make my TBR-PRIME(I)

#1824 Wanderer of the Mists

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationAlabama UAS

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:24 PM

So I cannot seem for the life of me get the path right to extract it i had it on my C: drive I try all the commands and cant seem to get the same chain to get to the files to even try to convert them dose it have to be on an external or can you do it on your base hard drive I've been watching the videos and looking on here but I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

#1825 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

If you are on windows, just place the converter into the same folder as the cga files. Select all cga files and drag and drop them with the mouse onto the converter.exe.

Done.

Edited by TexAce, 14 April 2016 - 04:19 PM.

#1826 Seijin Dinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 259 posts
  • LocationEdmonds, WA

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

Im still using PowerShell to convert...

#1827 Wanderer of the Mists

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationAlabama UAS

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:50 PM

got it working thank you.

#1828 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:28 PM

Posted Image

#1829 Wanderer of the Mists

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationAlabama UAS

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:58 AM

And now its the mech importer I don't understand how to use. What exactly do i do with it.

#1830 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:59 AM

View PostNomadWolf, on 15 April 2016 - 04:58 AM, said:

And now its the mech importer I don't understand how to use. What exactly do i do with it.

You use it to make an import.txt file that can be used in the python console in Blender. It'll put all the mech components in the proper spot so you don't have to manually assemble a couple hundred parts. But you need to fire up a powershell console to use it. What step are you having issues with?

#1831 Wanderer of the Mists

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationAlabama UAS

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:00 AM

View PostHeffay, on 15 April 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

You use it to make an import.txt file that can be used in the python console in Blender. It'll put all the mech components in the proper spot so you don't have to manually assemble a couple hundred parts. But you need to fire up a powershell console to use it. What step are you having issues with?

Man I'm stupid I guess I didn't name it right and was putting it in the wrong folder worked this time I got the import.txt so im closer

I do have a non stupid question is there a tutorial for making them into 3D print quality models?

#1832 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:04 AM

View PostNomadWolf, on 15 April 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

I do have a non stupid question is there a tutorial for making them into 3D print quality models?

I know it's been discussed a lot, but I'm not sure if anyone has done a step by step. I think because it's so complicated to get the meshes set up, connectors, etc, that it's tough to give a simple tutorial. But I could be wrong. Anyone else know?

#1833 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:17 AM

Haven't seen one, either. I guess the first thing would be to close all the holes in the meshes, and then to remove or remodel the parts that are too thin. If you want moving limbs, there's probably more work involved in refitting the joints.

Not sure how 3d printing deals with mesh overlaps, might be a problem too.

#1834 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:04 PM

Hello fine artists,

I've encountered a problem I can't really solve.

I've experienced this problem in two different mechs, the warhawk and the warhammer. Some parts of the mechs are just pitch black and refuse to accept any material.

These parts always render black. I have no idea what might be happening, I tried everything.

Posted Image

EDIT: I have managed to fix it myself. A click on "CLear Custom Split Normals Data" in the Object Data Tab solved the problem. Talking about Blender of Course.

Edited by Iqfish, 17 April 2016 - 05:16 PM.

#1835 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:07 AM

View PostIqfish, on 17 April 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

Hello fine artists,

I've encountered a problem I can't really solve.

I've experienced this problem in two different mechs, the warhawk and the warhammer. Some parts of the mechs are just pitch black and refuse to accept any material.

These parts always render black. I have no idea what might be happening, I tried everything.

*snip*

EDIT: I have managed to fix it myself. A click on "CLear Custom Split Normals Data" in the Object Data Tab solved the problem. Talking about Blender of Course.

Can you check lines 52-53 in your mech-importer script? They should look like this:

$scriptclearmaterial = "bpy.context.object.data.materials.pop(0, update_data=True)"
$scriptclearmaterial = "bpy.context.object.data.materials.clear(update_data=True)" #only works with 2.69 or newer. Bug fix 1.61:

The "update_data=True" was I think a bug fix to deal with the black materials (although they rendered properly; it was just a 3D viewer display issue).

#1836 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostHeffay, on 18 April 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

Can you check lines 52-53 in your mech-importer script? They should look like this:

$scriptclearmaterial = "bpy.context.object.data.materials.pop(0, update_data=True)"
$scriptclearmaterial = "bpy.context.object.data.materials.clear(update_data=True)" #only works with 2.69 or newer. Bug fix 1.61:

The "update_data=True" was I think a bug fix to deal with the black materials (although they rendered properly; it was just a 3D viewer display issue).

It looks like this

$scriptsetobjectmode = "bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode = `"OBJECT`")"
#$scriptclearmaterial = "bpy.context.object.data.materials.pop(0, update_data=True)"
$scriptclearmaterial = "bpy.context.object.data.materials.clear()"   #only works with 2.69 or newer

I've got no idea how that "#" got in there

#1837 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostIqfish, on 18 April 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

It looks like this

$scriptsetobjectmode = "bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode = `"OBJECT`")"
#$scriptclearmaterial = "bpy.context.object.data.materials.pop(0, update_data=True)"
$scriptclearmaterial = "bpy.context.object.data.materials.clear()"   #only works with 2.69 or newer

I've got no idea how that "#" got in there

Try to grab the latest one from the original post. It needs the update_data option to fix that black material issue (and an issue that would crash Blender on some mechs like the Urbanmech).

#1838 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:12 PM

Looking at the Noesis converter, It doesn't seem to be able to load up .cgf files even after converted. Is there a plugin setup that I have to run?

#1839 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostSpiralFace, on 18 April 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

Looking at the Noesis converter, It doesn't seem to be able to load up .cgf files even after converted. Is there a plugin setup that I have to run?

Yup, there is a .dll you need to download and put in the plug-ins directory. There's a link to it in the original post in this thread. But it was made for Cryengine 2 and the geometry is a bit weird and the materials don't set up properly, so you may just want to use my program instead.

#1840 Seijin Dinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 259 posts
  • LocationEdmonds, WA

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:37 PM

I have been slowly working on piecing together and lining up the Leopard Class Dropship I found. Lots of parts, nice detail, but a pain to get everything lined up correctly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users