Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostAdridos, on 22 February 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

Ok, now seriously. Can I ask you whom to ask regarding the premisions for the use of game assets? Because I have both "unseen" models sitting around and figured people from this thread might want to do something with them.

I opened a ticket to support asking for permission. As long as it wasn't for profit/commercial use, they said it was ok.

I will do horrible, horrible things for a Marauder model. Publicly. On Youtube. :P

#202 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostHeffay, on 22 February 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

I will do horrible, horrible things for a Marauder model. Publicly. On Youtube. :)

Not a Marauder model, just the Spider and Trebuchet in usable format. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help.

#203 Red Klown X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts
  • LocationMontpellier

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Thx a lot for your topic !

For the moment i m stuck in blender , i cant put the texture like you wrote it . Anyone can tell me a way step by step please ?

thx

#204 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

View Postklownnection, on 22 February 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

For the moment i m stuck in blender , i cant put the texture like you wrote it . Anyone can tell me a way step by step please

Well, my directions were for using the cycles engine, but you may be better off using the internal engine if you're not too familiar with Blender. It probably works better with the maps anyway. Let me work on an updated version that explains the internal engine texture setup a bit better. Stay tuned.

#205 Red Klown X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts
  • LocationMontpellier

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

i exported the mesh on blender , i show it . And all turn into a mess after i try to click on materials . :D

#206 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Just a quick 12 second animation. This will be part of a DHB promo video in the near future.

It uses some River City assets, such as one of the government buildings, the billboards, sky and stoplights. I used Blender 2.66 in case anyone is interested. ;)

#207 Red Klown X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts
  • LocationMontpellier

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostHeffay, on 25 February 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Just a quick 12 second animation. This will be part of a DHB promo video in the near future.

It uses some River City assets, such as one of the government buildings, the billboards, sky and stoplights. I used Blender 2.66 in case anyone is interested. :lol:

Nice work , i m jalous ! and i m angry , because if you do nice video that 's mean that you are not working on the tutorial that i need for texture the mech on blender :rolleyes: !!!

#208 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostHeffay, on 25 February 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

It uses some River City assets, such as one of the government buildings, the billboards, sky and stoplights. I used Blender 2.66 in case anyone is interested. :lol:

Looks good... you could save you a good amount of work if you use a gameengine for realtime-rendering. Sadly there is now way to export your stuff from blender to cryengine without using 3dsmax/photoshop.

But if you could life with the unrealengine than you could use blender and gimp for al your stuff to export. Unrealengine uses for static/skeletel-meshes and the animations fbx an for textures png/targa.

Realtime renderd cinematic in unreal.
Spoiler

Unreal Development Kit free Download:

http://www.unrealengine.com/en/udk/

#209 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostAllfex, on 26 February 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

Looks good... you could save you a good amount of work if you use a gameengine for realtime-rendering. Sadly there is now way to export your stuff from blender to cryengine without using 3dsmax/photoshop.

But if you could life with the unrealengine than you could use blender and gimp for al your stuff to export. Unrealengine uses for static/skeletel-meshes and the animations fbx an for textures png/targa.

Realtime renderd cinematic in unreal.

Unreal Development Kit free Download:

http://www.unrealengine.com/en/udk/

Is this significantly different than the Cryengine sandbox? I've played around with that a bit, and aside from being able to put in static assets, I can't do much with it. Just don't know enough about it. But... let me give it a try.

#210 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostHeffay, on 26 February 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

Is this significantly different than the Cryengine sandbox? I've played around with that a bit, and aside from being able to put in static assets, I can't do much with it. Just don't know enough about it. But... let me give it a try.

Yes they are different in some things... they are things i like and dont like in both engines. A big + for the cryengine is the rendering... in cryengine i dont have to set up Lightmaps to get AO... but this is not a big problem since you can do fully-dynamic-lightning in both engines.

For the workflow, to set up animations/assets/materials the unrealengine becomes from me a big +! You can do amazing stuff with free programms like Blender and Gimp without buying really expensive app's like Max or Photoshop.

For both engines the learningcurve are imense but if you get a little use to it its a big fun :lol:. You do not have to render, like in a 3d programm, your animation again for hours to see a little change.

This for example is a one-man-project in udk... fully dynamic lighning

Edited by Allfex, 26 February 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#211 Xamiakas

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

riight.. hello fellow mech lovers.. HALP! complete noob here. bumped into a wall straight after i fired up Noesis.. and realised that it does NOT recognise .cgf? in other words, it can`t load or export the _scale.cgf files ?

#212 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostXamiakas, on 26 February 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

riight.. hello fellow mech lovers.. HALP! complete noob here. bumped into a wall straight after i fired up Noesis.. and realised that it does NOT recognise .cgf? in other words, it can`t load or export the _scale.cgf files ?

There is a plugin you have to download. The link should be on the same site as Noesis.

#213 Xamiakas

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

heh yes, mate, thanks. totally not ashamed here.. :lol: wrote that comment, then found what i needed and started playing with the catapult, totally forgot i asked a stupid question here. my bad and thanks again.

#214 baabaa214

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Here is a Catapult K2 that I have been working on.
I have the Ax/Cx versions too.

Posted Image

#215 Vapor Trail

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • LocationNorfolk VA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Decided to see what i could get out of Sketchup with these models. Here's a test render of a (incomplete) K2 from Sketchup through Kerkythea.

Posted Image

#216 Soapsid

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Hello guys!

Can i ask a little help at the model texturing?
Im using 3DSmax now, but the diffuse map doesnt load correctly when im trying to add at the material library.
Here is my flawy texture:
Posted Image
...and the material library screen

Posted Image

Anyone knows what am i doing wrong or maybe i missed something?

#217 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostSoapsid, on 28 February 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

Hello guys!

Can i ask a little help at the model texturing?
Im using 3DSmax now, but the diffuse map doesnt load correctly when im trying to add at the material library.
Here is my flawy texture:
Posted Image
...and the material library screen

Posted Image

Anyone knows what am i doing wrong or maybe i missed something?

There's two things I can think of that might be the cause.

First off, when 3DSMax imports the Atlas_scale file, it comes in as several separate objects. You might think you've put the material on "the Atlas" but have actually only put it on a single mesh. Selecting all, then clicking the "Assign material to selection" button is the easiest way to deal with that.

The second likely cause is an oddity in the texture files themselves. Some of the textures, mainly the older ones, have alpha channels in them, which results in blank spots on the model. You'll need to open the settings for the texture and change the Alpha Source settings to "None" rather than 3DSMax's default of "Image Alpha" - the areas with full alpha otherwise appear in 3DSMax default grey.
Posted Image

Edit: After playing around with the settings, I'm pretty sure you're facing the second problem, as I've pretty much exactly duplicated it on my end. The Catapult does the same thing, which is how I stumbled across it. Not sure what PGI are using that alpha channel for, but it ain't transparency.

Edited by Sparks Murphey, 28 February 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#218 baabaa214

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

I am using 3ds max and did the Catapult K2 on this page http://mwomercs.com/...ing-of-the-mwo/

What I have found out is that Diff map is to dark. So I switched the Diff and Spc maps. Then unlocked Ambient and Diffuse (color box to 129). Put the Diff in Ambient and Specular Level. Used the Spc (modified PSD which is below) map in the Diff slot.

Then used Photoshop to make a PSD with Diff at 100% ; then put the Spc on top of Diff at Fill 69% and at Lighten.

On the Diff and Spc maps I auto contrast, color, and toned them.

This should get started.
All you need to do and play with exposure in Photoshop and get it way you wish.

#219 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Just screwing around.

#220 Soapsid

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Thanks a lot for your help Murphey!
Of course the second one was the guilty.
I set the Alpha Source to the None value and the textures has appeared perfectly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users