3 replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Has anyone got any idea how to get the Mouselook emulator for TrackIR to work in MWO?

I have read there is a program that works to track head movements to a mouselook emulation, Face TrackNoIR v.160 that does work... now how to get TrackIR's Mouse Emulator to do the same?

#2 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

I believe Propnut reported in his thread about his cockpit, that he was using the TrackIR mouse emulator.

#3 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

It will be useless.
In MWO, when you use mouselook, it locks out torso twist (with the mouse at least). There is no way to look around using mouselook and twist your torso at the same time.
We're gonna have to wait for proper TIR support I am afraid.
I did hack it in using GlovePIE so that when you turn your head from center, it automatically holds CTRL, but it sucks and is useless.

#4 panzereich

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

I tried using the mouse emulation programme and like said above, is pretty useless. They need to implement the SDK
and from what I see, that's not going to happen anytime soon. There has been absolutely 0 feedback from PGI regarding this, they seem more interested in promising features rather than implementing them.

Trakir has been promised as an inclusion, but it seems more like a cash grab. Why? Well Occulus came out and they promised that straight away as well. Also, they are selling next to uselesss bobbleheads for extreme $$$'s.

I would imagine, that if a new technology for VR came out tomorrow, we would get a post promising that as well. Promises and actually implementing these things are completely seperate matters. By promising this stuff, you can grab a portion
of the trakir userbase who at this stage are foaming at the mouth to get their hands on a decent game with support.

PGI doesn't even know their own demographic target market. That is why they will promise everything and anything to secure more $$$'s. Although Battletech is a vast IP with 1000's of hardcore fans, PGI doesn't trust us enough to think they can produce this game for the fans. Hence the release of ridiculous surplus fluff that costs more than a mech does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users