4 replies to this topic

#1 Sabbathiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 381 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives Compact.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

Who would like to see player housing, Bases, or better yet player run cities/bases. Like in SWG?

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

No, it isnt MMO. It doesnt have any "dgfbosiugbohbsdo" reason to copy them.

#3 DFDelta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Housing? No.
Some kind of interactive Lobby with player characters? Like a bar or the mess hall in my Merc Companys garrison base? Yes please.

#4 RangerRob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEarthworks Inc., Cataphract Plant, Tikonov

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

From the "Game" link above. In the Community Warfare section.

Players will be able to create, manage and customize their Merc Corp’s player base and appearance, while banding together to really delve into the Inner Sphere conflict where House alignment reigns supreme.

Not exactly sure what this means...as I doubt at this time you will ever get to see your Mechwarrior out side of the cockpit.
Maybe it is just a mechbay that you can tweak to your liking.

#5 M Luminos

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Heres my two cents:

Having personal space in the game is typically a great Idea. It gives the person a place to decorate and call there own.

BUT

Having a "house" or property in this game doesnt really fit which is why I propose this:

give us an apartment, maybe a loft.. why?

1. Posters that display adds (there's some revenue for the F2P complainers) Also a billboard outside the window ;p
2. Personal computer which will display our mech, their status, loadouts, and allow us to access a player marketplace, perhaps a black market. We can use it to organize matches too and send emails to other pilots in game.
3. A closet to store uniforms and cosmetic things, this is where we choose what we would wear
4. Glass display case for storing trophies and medals won in arena matches/wars be it solo, or clan.
5. A table to display topographical maps of playing fields, or hologram maps that allow markers to be placed.
6. seating for a lance
7. Allow custom music streams too

This is a realistic, and totally acceptable personal space which would sate those who want a "home" and not be too much for those who don't want it to be an "mmo"

Allow the possibility of clan branded rugs or banners. If a person subscribes, remove the add posters and allow them to put up posters they like.

Leaving the room brings you to a mess hall where (as military men and women do) you can gamble with your C-bills and have it be an open, voice enabled chatroom.

Then you have the mech bay, customizing and building, painting, etc.

This is all reasonable, and completely within the theme and will not detract anything from the game experience. If you dont want to use your room, you don't have to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users