Extreme Rubberbanding.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Rvannith

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Both myself (and a few other members of my sibko) play from Australia, and we've all noticed recently identical problems: Namely, massive rubberbanding- whilst our lag remains the same (anywhere between 220-350ms ping) game performance has suffered severely. Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

I have experienced this as well and I play from the U.S. with a 50-65 ping. Constant extreme personal direction changes, teleporting, delayed input actions (upwards of 3-4 seconds sometimes failing to register commands at all). I come to a stop after a turn and the chassis very subtly continues rotating, coming to a stop seconds after i ceased the turning command as if it were making a minor adjustment/correction. Starts out very intense at the beginning of a match and slowly gets better over the course of the battle or as fewer and fewer players are physically represented on the field.

It has the symptoms of extreme latency, however my ping consistently reads 50-65 and i have run several speed tests and process checks. It feels like a network latency issue, but after checking all my hardware, including video settings, RAM tests, etc and despite having no issues playing other online games, i've concluded it's PGI's servers/software, at the very least. This all began two patches ago when they did an 'optimization' patch.

Makes the game unplayable, unfortunately.

#3 Antaumus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

I have it too, ping around 300 which is fine usually, had a few good games today but the rest were just as you guys described. Never had it before just the last week. It's so bad I can't even get an lrm lock.

#4 Telrax

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBucksport, ME, USA, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

This can be solved by....

Restarting your system. Full power off. Not the Log Out User reboot.

I have had to do the reboot thing for several games. Any time a game updates they seem to sneak in some system update. It requires a system reboot to properly install. So until you do this.... weirdness will happen.

It looks like latency problems. You rubberband, video stutters, and generally game play stinks. So try shutting down, and you will probably see an install setup message during shut down, or system boot up.

#5 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Yesterday I had the worst rubberbanding I've yet seen. So bad that someone from the enemy team even commented on it. I was nearly seasick by the time I finally died. My ping was >1100(!), and the issue was the internet connection. I was using my neighbor's AT&T 2wire wifi when it was really bad, and restarting computer had zero effect. I got on my other neighbors Linksys wif, and all was well, despite the fact that there was even a reduction in bandwidth. Normally I'm plugged in, and to my own connection, but I'm 'in between' providers right now so am making due. If you are using wifi and experiencing rubberbanding, first try to eliminate that as a cause. Might not be of help for our friend's down under though...

#6 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostTelrax, on 27 December 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

This can be solved by....

Restarting your system. Full power off. Not the Log Out User reboot.

I have had to do the reboot thing for several games. Any time a game updates they seem to sneak in some system update. It requires a system reboot to properly install. So until you do this.... weirdness will happen.

It looks like latency problems. You rubberband, video stutters, and generally game play stinks. So try shutting down, and you will probably see an install setup message during shut down, or system boot up.

Running Memtest requires turning off the computer, so no, it is not solved by doing so.

#7 bot5

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

I'm having the same issues discribed by DrxAbstract. I have only been able to play the game for one day since I bought premium time it's so bad. I normally just get on and try once to see if it decides to work today or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users