Catapult C1 Build

25 replies to this topic

#21 Mac99

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

I also am thinking about a similar build but I'd like to add Guass rifles. anyone have any suggestions for a cat type that can handle missiles and a Guass?

#22 GeneralArmchair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:18 PM

I'm afraid that you won't be able to mix both gauss rifles and missiles on the catapult.

The only catapult with ballistic hardpoints is the K2. Unfortunately the K2 does not have any missile hardpoints. For several months after launch, the K2 was the only dual-gauss boat in town. Since the ballitsic hardpoints are both in the torso and near your center of mass, you don't need to worry about convergence. The twin slugs will usually hit exactly the same location no matter the range. I personally prefer AC10's on my K2 because the gauss rifles had a nasty habit of violently exploding and wrecking my torsoes.

#23 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:13 PM

Here is my trusty LRM spammer:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f8e32a61f338d6b

#24 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

Brawler I made in Smurfy. Haven't actually got a Catapult yet, but I probably will.

#25 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:05 PM

C1 is only an average weapons platform, i run it with XL, LRM15=Art , 3 ML and Tag. Not comparable to the equivalent stormcrow or Mad dog tho who carry more armor, is faster and more weaponry.

#26 Emery

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

The CPLT-C1 is a nice mech, but I'd seriously consider some of the other CPLT variants, were I you. My personal favourite is actually my A1. I run it with two LRM 15's, 4 SSRM 2's, 8 tonnes of ammo for the LRM's and 3 tonnes for the streaks.

Now, let's stop and have a bit of a think of 'why' you would do that. Generally speaking, people bring lasers on missile boats, as a back up weapon for when something gets to close and you can't run away from it, and back in to optimal range for your LRM's. If something gets close to you and you can't run from it, most times it is a light, or a very fast medium, as the catapult is actually one of the fastest heavies available for the Inner Sphere.

If a light gets up in your face... What is the best way to stop it? SSRM's. I cannot count the number of times that I've been happily raining on the other team, only to have a light go 'sweet, a missile boat' and go chasing after me, expecting an easy kill. By the time they realise you're also packing 4 streaks, they usually run away. Putting them back in range for your LRM's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users