Setups For The Hbk-4J

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dabral

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

my current set up is 6 small lasers, 2 srm 6 with std 260 engine 16 dhs endo right now my average dmg is floating around 560 a game any one think of anything else that might help out with the loadout?

#2 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

I think that your loadout is pretty good for brawling. I'd probably do it the same way if I had a 4J and play out that hybrid 4P/4SP combo. :P

It's 13.5 DPS and 7.69% heat per second and that's right in the sweet spot of where I want most of my heat efficient builds. There's not much to improve on it unless you want to get more range, but you don't need to with your speed. Just change it up if you get bored with it but it's probably as efficient as you'll get with the 4J as a brawler. :P

#3 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I still don't get why people still use 4J as a brawler. That giant Jenner-sized shoulder lump is so impossible to miss when brawling, and when that is gone you're left with 2 lasers.

Do yourself a favor, get a STD245, LRM20 and some MLas.

#4 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I usually use the 4SP for brawling and give the 4J LRM's.

You could drop the engine down to get artemis or some medium lasers. Not sure if it would help.

I'll try your loadout and see how I like it.

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 20 December 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

I still don't get why people still use 4J as a brawler. That giant Jenner-sized shoulder lump is so impossible to miss when brawling, and when that is gone you're left with 2 lasers.

Do yourself a favor, get a STD245, LRM20 and some MLas.

If you're fast enough and mobile enough you can keep the hump alive for quite a long period of time. I no longer worry about losing it even on my 4G and more often than not, I get to use up my 21 AC/20 shots before a match ends.

The 4J isn't a 4SP, but it is still a good variant to brawl in especially given the heat efficiency of small lasers (as can be seen from the 4P builds).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users