#21 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

View PostMr 144, on 21 December 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

Strange how you pilot the mech with the biggest head....and the smallest cockpit :)

Mr 144

I need a giant codpiece to go with my giant ego, and a giant belt to contain my giant essence. The antennas? Ego detectors. They help me seek out others of my kind, so I can add their codpieces to my own.

There can be only one.

#22 Zeke Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

Why would you make a mech that bad?

lol, its better than poeple think. I hardly break through the 500 damage mark but consistantly land in the 350 - 450 range. You can check it out here http://www.mechspecs...Optimized-build

A certain someone keeps yapping about dps and what nonsense, *cough* thinking he's the one who gave it the 2 star rating but whatever, I PUG stomp and pour hurt on the premades before I go...most of the time.
btw, did I mention how much I love my mech, its got Machine GUNS!!!! (smooch) love ya Navi ^,^

#23 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

Ravens will sometimes eat gauss and AC slugs at complete random. Even if you hit them perfectly, the damage won't register.
So I sweep my many, many medium lasers over your tiny chicken legs, and it usually takes the armor or a leg off.

this. like on my gauss kitty i'd run a medium laser too, so i could not only pop cherries, but to sort of "feel out" light mechs for the right amount of lead, this of course was back when netcode was abhorrent and leading was anywhere from 1-5 inches at point blank

#24 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostZeke Steiner, on 21 December 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

lol, its better than poeple think. I hardly break through the 500 damage mark but consistantly land in the 350 - 450 range. You can check it out here http://www.mechspecs...Optimized-build

A certain someone keeps yapping about dps and what nonsense, *cough* thinking he's the one who gave it the 2 star rating but whatever, I PUG stomp and pour hurt on the premades before I go...most of the time.
btw, did I mention how much I love my mech, its got Machine GUNS!!!! (smooch) love ya Navi ^,^

You're running too hot, and your range is barely comparable to that of a laserboat stalker. The stalker can even maintain its 6 mediums better than you can your two large pulse.

#25 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationBritanny, France

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

my 6packpult dissaproves this thread.

#26 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

You're running too hot, and your range is barely comparable to that of a laserboat stalker. The stalker can even maintain its 6 mediums better than you can your two large pulse.

why use 6 mediums, when you can use 6 large?

nothing makes an atlas drop bricks like losing a side torso in two volleys

#27 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 21 December 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

why use 6 mediums, when you can use 6 large?

nothing makes an atlas drop bricks like losing a side torso in two volleys

Why not use 6 mediums and 4 artemis SRMs, so you can blow a side off in two strikes? Large lasers on stalkers aren't a good match, unless you have one or two for plinking as you close.

Which I do on my M.

#28 Zeke Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

Your atlas mentality is showing. Who else but an assault pilot would think about damage racing a stalker..?
But seriously, heat is only a problem if theres no cover around.

#29 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostZeke Steiner, on 21 December 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Your atlas mentality is showing. Who else but an assault pilot would think about damage racing a stalker..?

It is when you have to stop firing, but the enemy never has to worry, since their mechs are running smalls and mediums.

#30 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

Why not use 6 mediums and 4 artemis SRMs, so you can blow a side off in two strikes? Large lasers on stalkers aren't a good match, unless you have one or two for plinking as you close.

Which I do on my M.

Posted Image

#31 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 21 December 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

then you're just fodder :)

I will be collecting tears from terrible players in my raven for the rest of the week and there's nothing you can do about it :0

You are claiming every one you kill is a terrible player even though you are using a raven with streaks? The weapon that all you need to do is lock on and hold down the fire button until the DPS finishes the target off. No need to aim just hold down the fire button. Man such skill.

If you really wanted to show us how skilled you are, why not change out those streaks for standard SRMs? You actually have to aim those and compensate for missile spread. You could also use an LRM set up. A light fast direct fire support mech that can spot and tag for your team at range. Takes skill to maneuver that mech correctly.

Alas you are just going to cling to the weapon that is the closest thing to being aimbot.

#32 Mr 144

• 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostZeke Steiner, on 21 December 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

My CTF-2X 'damage races' stalkers just fine < 270m (65 Alpha) :) All the damage in the world is nothing if you can't put it on target, which the gimptastic torso twist/speed of the stalker, has problems doing....not to mention the fact a side torso drops so fast and easily, it's either XL death, or dramatic damage reduction.

Mr 144

#33 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 21 December 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

Posted Image

Too little damage for the platform. 2/10, atlas would not fear.

#34 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 21 December 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

You are claiming every one you kill is a terrible player even though you are using a raven with streaks? The weapon that all you need to do is lock on and hold down the fire button until the DPS finishes the target off. No need to aim just hold down the fire button. Man such skill.

If you really wanted to show us how skilled you are, why not change out those streaks for standard SRMs? You actually have to aim those and compensate for missile spread. You could also use an LRM set up. A light fast direct fire support mech that can spot and tag for your team at range. Takes skill to maneuver that mech correctly.

Alas you are just going to cling to the weapon that is the closest thing to being aimbot.

the best players use what works and win. the worst players don't. the line between being a failure and being a success is called winning

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Too little damage for the platform. 2/10, atlas would not fear.

100 damage out in 2.5 seconds, everything after that is a steady barrage until my heat gets down enough for another alpha.

anything i shoot in the head... pops. anything else usually dies before it gets close enough to be a monkey on my back... except lights, whom are largely unaffected by lasers if they're going fast and not in a straight line

Edited by Battlecruiser, 21 December 2012 - 01:45 AM.

#35 Zeke Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

lol, LLasers only do 8 damage, wtf PGI

#36 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 21 December 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

the best players use what works and win. the worst players don't. the line between being a failure and being a success is called winning

100 damage out in 2.5 seconds, everything after that is a steady barrage until my heat gets down enough for another alpha

I can throw out 90 damage per blast, and I overheat if I try to do a third. Atlases melt in two blasts, if the netcode doesn't eat a significant amount of the damage.

#37 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

I can throw out 90 damage per blast, and I overheat if I try to do a third. Atlases melt in two blasts, if the netcode doesn't eat a significant amount of the damage.

but can you do it from 4-500m

#38 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 21 December 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

but can you do it from 4-500m

But it's not hard to get into 270 meters, and I don't have to wait as long for my mana to refill.

#39 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

But it's not hard to get into 270 meters, and I don't have to wait as long for my mana to refill.

it's hard to get into 270 meters when you're nearly dead by the time you reach 300. meanwhile you'll have to get through my teammates because i certainly wont be out front. stalker stalks.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 21 December 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#40 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 21 December 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

it's hard to get into 270 meters when you're nearly dead by the time you reach 300

If you're dead that fast, you're doing it wrong, and need to turn in your stalker license for more lag armor and ravens.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 21 December 2012 - 01:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users