13 replies to this topic

#1 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

I dont know if devs look much into theese posts, and my english sucks, but i was recently playing a match like i done alot, and we had a big discusion, where a critic, some fanboys, and moderate ppl that aint taking sides, like myself, or at least try not 2, i love mechwarrior and im very satisfied with the game as it is, at least the battles, but this critic did make me think what other ppl, that are not so familier with Mechwarriors, might react.

He was angry about timing and promises that wure too slow to be delivered,
That can typicly kill a game, like Star Wars The Old Repuplic, i personaly am very patient, and never ended my subscription to SWTOR, and the same here realy (even if it had subscription), ill wait till the bloody end for a good game.

He also made me think of new-commers, and casual / semi-afk players that might have to "pause" the game, so a practice game with AI or any kind of offline game would be very handy, for examble my gf would ragequit if she tryed to play online, she needs practice, maby 1 on 1 with me even..

This has all prob ben suggested befor, so plz delete this post if so, but i love this game, and i want it to have some important constructive criticism, a bit more so than that player i met that was a litle more rage monster lol, but he had some points i sepoes, sorry for my bad english, but i felt i had to post something about the subject, ty.

Edited by Psychobunny, 21 December 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#2 Lee Ving

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

You mean she doesn't get one on one practice with you already? I think yer doin it wrong. :)

#3 Corpsecandle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Indeed there's been many variations of this; a newb practice/familiarization area, an isolated dual arena, a free mech loadout test zone. The devs have said that they're looking into something, as they realize that the learning curve is pretty steep. However what sort of implementation they're looking into has been pretty hush hush for the time being.

edits for grammarz is hard

Edited by Corpsecandle, 21 December 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#4 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image

#5 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostNadia Winson, on 21 December 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

You mean she doesn't get one on one practice with you already? I think yer doin it wrong. :)

lol nice one.

and Thx corpsecandle thats good 2 know, awesome suggestions as well, and boris, i toght i was moaning lol but maby not ;)
right ill try keep the post more into the "moaning" side, does anyone feel that fast mechs are a bit 2 good, just slightly, im playing one, and same with conquest, the bases shud be "slightly" more important, atm ppl are just killing ech other like it was Assult mode, i love grouping, but i do that in assult, maby it shud be like 700 points to win,
so its not just a "last desperate option" in a sence, yet again not sure if anyone mentioned this..

and i might be wrong, maby this is perfectly balanced, im preaty happy, but i like to talk about **** too :)

Edited by Psychobunny, 21 December 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#6 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

CAPTAIN SLOW

#7 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

View Postder langsamere, on 21 December 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

the title made me giggle

because Im a 12 year old boy on the inside

haha, yeah we have to have one of those inside or life would be dull :3

#8 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

View Postborisof007, on 21 December 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

CAPTAIN SLOW

CAPTAIN CAPS :3

i just realised what he ment with cpt slow now lol... im the slow one, yet i drive a fast mech, dafuq.
well fast mech atm anyways... love heavy ones.. cats <3

Edited by Psychobunny, 21 December 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#9 Corpsecandle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostPsychobunny, on 21 December 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

...does anyone feel that fast mechs are a bit 2 good, just slightly, im playing one, and same with conquest, the bases shud be "slightly" more important, atm ppl are just killing ech other like it was Assult mode, i love grouping, but i do that in assult, maby it shud be like 700 points to win,
so its not just a "last desperate option" in a sence, yet again not sure if anyone mentioned this..

and i might be wrong, maby this is perfectly balanced, im preaty happy, but i like to talk about **** too :)

Indeed the forums are full of moaning about the smaller mechs (some justified, some not). Tripping is supposed to help out when dealing with the lighter faster mechs, but it has been removed for the time being as the devs deemed it too clunky do to net code issues. Eventually they'll get their wings clipped pretty hard.

As for the base cap, I think they're rebounding. So far their "Balancing" tactics have been to throw in one extreme change, then throw in another extreme change in the opposite direction a couple patches later. Then they release something somewhere in the middle and call it good. I think the new economy is the start of that process. I think they'll eventually come up with a value that makes achieving cap useful again.

#10 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

ah, yet again thanks alot CorpseC very helpfull post, and yeah they tend to do that, blizzard loves to go to the extreems but im not sure if its for balancing anymore lol... but thats a whole other problem.
I am glad to hear that im not the only one conserned about the lights, i remember tripping, it was fun and usefull for out of ammo mechs, and heavy ones, might had ben handy if it was only useble vs lights, but yeah if its too much of an effort to focus there time on, its not realy wourth it than, maby another time, who knows.

I really hope they are focusing a bit on the conquest base balance thing, would be nice to actualy split up with 2/3 others to cap and have a litle more 1 on 1 fights, there fun too :)

#11 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

View Postder langsamere, on 21 December 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

the title made me giggle

because Im a 12 year old boy on the inside

We all are, or we'd do more useful things with our free time, like bring about World Peace :)

#12 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 21 December 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

We all are, or we'd do more useful things with our free time, like bring about World Peace :)

oh god what a waste, MWO is much more fun!
i just realized a whiel ago what was "missleading" about the title of the topic lol....

#13 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

I read the title then went upstairs to see the wife...

...I caused a lot of it.

#14 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostTB Freelancer, on 21 December 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

I read the title then went upstairs to see the wife...

...I caused a lot of it.

lol, glad to be of service, after all its quite healthy, unless there is STD involved, its good exercise :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users