Beta and Release are imminent! Implications for House Liao

32 replies to this topic

#21 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

TS3 servers are a lot cheaper than I thought... I may just pay for it myself. I think a 100 person server would be a good start. Does anyone think we need a 200-person server?

This server would be for the use of all Liao-affiliated units. I'd also love to have a way to get Lone Wolves on there if they are dropping with us, so there can be some sense of coordination.

#22 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

It would be great for the Capellan Confederation to have a uniquely united community compared to other Successor Stated
Posted Image
This Baby is my ride. -_-

Edited by Serevn, 01 June 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#23 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

To be honest, the team speak idea is a good one, but personally, I am not a fan of it (not to mention that I do not have nor have any plans on buying a microphone simply for a game.)
A chat room or, like what is found in MechWarrior: Living Legends, a chat service which scrolls text-based messages would be more than I would really need whilst performing my role as a Scout.

#24 feetjai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationThe netherlands

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hmmm, the teamspeech is a good idea to coördinate strikes live. But you have to consider that some have not received their hardware from Liao command, the resources are scarce. It would be good as Tifalia suggested already, to have a second way to inform our brothers and sisters the required intel , so that they might be victourious!

Hmm, maybe there is an alternative:
Use some kind of txt based message system to divide into smaller groups, then these smaller groups use TS, then you do not need to buy a 200 userr TS server...... cost effective =) Leaves more money to crush the opponent, an extra small laser might prove usefull, hai? Everytime you come online, you check which groups could use help, then sign up, write your name udner it, joun the TS, and step into your mech towards war!

Edited by feetjai, 01 June 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#25 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

Its better for people to see others too, and be able to meet others from the clan, not split up over multiple TS's. (or lonely ones will run away)
I think 100 is enough for now. I dont have the idea yet we will have more, and usually, a clan splits apart when it becomes that big.

better questions may be, will we set age limits (16+?) or such or time on line limits. (6 hours a week) for people who want to join.

#26 Kutkor

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPancevo, Serbia

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

Privet Tovarishi,
this beta needs more invites!

Age limits 18+ pls, don't want to see WoW or WoT all over again.

#27 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

View PostKutkor, on 02 June 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

Privet Tovarishi,
this beta needs more invites!

Age limits 18+ pls, don't want to see WoW or WoT all over again.

Privet Kutkor.

Bolshe soldatov, choroshnoe. (I hope it makes sense)

#28 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:05 AM

Get casual players involved and feeling like they're part of a community and they're useful. Because games are a hobby, building a team and getting people to feel involved means they'll be much more inclined to invest time, money (if they feel the need) and effort into getting better at it, so they can see more.

Also, you will always have dyed in the wool newbies join up at some point. Get them involved with the casual players to start with, preferably with a reasonably experienced CO at the helm who has an eye for spotting talent and going up against low priority targets until they have more experience under their belt.

Constant defeat breeds disappointment, disinterest and frustration. Gradual increases of difficulty rather than being thrown in against veterans from the get go, coupled with feeling like you belong to something more than just a game you drop in and out of when you're online, with no connection to the players around you will yield loyal, dedicated troops.

As far as the TS server goes, I see it as a small outlay for a much bigger potential yield later.

#29 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Thanks for the feedback, all. I'll grab a 100 person server this week and get it set up. Going to host with typefrag, unless anyone else knows of a better host.

#30 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Thanks Stalkerr.

And i also prefer my clans atleast 16+ but preferably 18+.. need to be able to use the mech feet pedals..

#31 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

View Posthydrix, on 05 June 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

And i also prefer my clans atleast 16+ but preferably 18+.. need to be able to use the mech feet pedals..

I don't think we can do age verification for the entire House (anyone can join it in-game), however House/Unit leadership will get selective muting/banning capabilities in order to ensure that immature behavior gets culled whenever it does occur. If someone can't shut up on comms then they'll be listen-only.

I don't know that people can get kicked out of the house in-game for bad behavior, but we can certainly exclude them from the active community and team kill them whenever possible :D It worked well in MPBT...

Edited by Stalkerr, 05 June 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#32 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostStalkerr, on 05 June 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

I don't think we can do age verification for the entire House (anyone can join it in-game), however House/Unit leadership will get selective muting/banning capabilities in order to ensure that immature behavior gets culled whenever it does occur. If someone can't shut up on comms then they'll be listen-only.

I don't know that people can get kicked out of the house in-game for bad behavior, but we can certainly exclude them from the active community and team kill them whenever possible :( It worked well in MPBT...

Sure, but i'm mostly thinking of lances and self made teams etc :(. We should be nice to the little ones, protect them from harm... so dont put them in a lance with me :o.

#33 Promptus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 206 posts
  • LocationMatamoras

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostStalkerr, on 22 May 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

We should start a poll as to which house's tears taste sweetest... FRR tears will always be attractive to connoisseurs. :(

Nah, leave that to us. We have history.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users