2 replies to this topic

#1 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

As the title says. If (really a thing of when) this game releases and is very popular, the option of a physical retail copy could be explored. Also, if there is (and there always is) a premium money type, game cards could be sold in stores for the premium money, and if you are not wanting to release a Mechwarrior Labeled game card, you guys could talk with Playspan to buy access to putting MWO on their "1,000 Games Card" like World of Tanks has.
About the physical copy. World of Tanks has become popular (and presumably profitable) enough that they have released a full version on disc that you can buy at retail stores for $30. In this box you get World of Tanks on disc, a premium account (I guess for a month), and a free M2 tank in-game.

If this could be done for Mechwarrior, it would bolster both profit and players. I've played World of Tanks since beta and I am considering going down and buying that $30 box. I would DEFINITELY do this for Mechwarrior to have it on disc and to support the game!

#2 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

Collectors edition with a 'mech figure to paint and maybe a ficton book as well (a-la Warhammer Online:AoR collectors)

#3 Lori Carlyle

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

Yes please..

Collectors boxset would be great!

Edited by Lori Carlyle, 04 November 2011 - 12:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users