#1 Riall

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Can anyone comment on this build?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c7f2ad9b61b8bc6

I want to make sure it's reasonable before dropping a small fortune on that engine.

#2 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Personally not a fan of XL engines in phracts, but it seems ok. I would drop the leg armor to 44 each and add another ton of ultra ac ammo or another heatsink. Maybe shift 4-6 points of rear CT armor to the front.

#3 nungunz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

It seems like this thing is trying to be a Muromets and just not cutting it.

It's not a bad build, but I think there are other mechs that can do this better than the 3D. An XL 300 should be fine and I'd ditch the AMS.

4 tons of ammo just doesn't seem like enough. 6-7 would be better.

#4 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

what are you trying to do with the mech? the loadout suggests a brawler, but an xl phract wont last 5 secs doing that unless it has serious punch.

#5 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

There is a reason why most of the 3Ds are used as jump-snipers. It's safer and faster to jump over a building and shoot than to go around the corner, shoot and move back.

UAC5 are not well suited for brawling. In order to deal damage you have to constantly face your opponent and that leaves your side torso open for an attack.

The best weapons for brawling are: SRM6, AC20, Medium Laser. Pick a variant that can mount them, use standard engine and you're golden.

Edited by Kmieciu, 18 March 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#6 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

If you want that loadout/XL: Buy Catapult K2.

Edited by Evil Ed, 19 March 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#7 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Its essentially what I used to run on my Illya. I had very good success with it, even though it was not the standard build. I would ignore most of the advice on here. People dont think outside the box much, and just regurgitate what they read.

What I have had more success with of late, is running just a single UAC5 and 3LLAS. Its a worse brawler, buy a nice support mech and fights at range a lot better.

As for the pop tart play. I have seen guys amazingly good at it, Im not one of them. I do it for fun, but am not particularly effective with it.

As for brawling, it will do fine really, I only played my 2UAC/3MLAS Illya as a brawler and it didnt go down so easy as everyone seems to be saying. I have face blasted Atlas and the rest of the Assault ilk, and lived to tell the tale. The UAC is all about a bit of luck.

I have stopped building just for brawling of late, as with the bigger maps, its a touch more fun to have better ranged ability, and why I have switched to using LLAS builds more.

#8 armitage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

IF I was going to build it, I would do it like this

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9c5ce9712626074

drop 2 jjs, lose a bit of armor off the legs, step up to a 325 and stuff a third heat sink in the engine, also adds a ton of ammo.

It could be effective but you really need to pay attention to your surroundings, never get closer than 250m, and always try to flank so you're not the primary target.

Edited by armitage, 19 March 2013 - 10:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users