LBX-10

6 replies to this topic

#1 LanceKoth

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

I have searched through the forums, and I haven't seen anything that has addressed this question:

Is the LBX-10 going to have some sort of selectable ammunition? I know in TT it could be either mech shotgun rounds, or regular AC rounds. In MW4 it was always a shot gun burst with a fairly short range.

I like the Centurion variant that has the LBX-10, and the cataphract base model comes with it, so it would make a BIG difference to me whether it was shotgun, AC, or both.

#2 Captain Miller

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostLanceKoth, on 23 May 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

I have searched through the forums, and I haven't seen anything that has addressed this question:

Is the LBX-10 going to have some sort of selectable ammunition? I know in TT it could be either mech shotgun rounds, or regular AC rounds. In MW4 it was always a shot gun burst with a fairly short range.

I like the Centurion variant that has the LBX-10, and the cataphract base model comes with it, so it would make a BIG difference to me whether it was shotgun, AC, or both.

Who knows man, I'm thinking that's a detail that we will have to wait to find out about.

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

One advantage to making it only cluster rounds is people would still have reason to take the completely inferior stock AC-10 in some situations.

You could still encourage using older weapons through economic or XP means so I am open to whatever the developers have planned.

#4 Wolfe Ryatt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles or Summer..same thing really

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

A secondary question would be whether it was selectable at loadout, or whether you could change rounds during combat like real world Armor.

Of course you'd have to devote ammo tonnage if the latter option was available, but it could be nice to have that flexibility in the field.

#5 Captain Miller

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostWolfe-Ryatt, on 23 May 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

A secondary question would be whether it was selectable at loadout, or whether you could change rounds during combat like real world Armor.

Of course you'd have to devote ammo tonnage if the latter option was available, but it could be nice to have that flexibility in the field.

I agree.

#6 WerewolfX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Don't forget costs. LBX is more expensive than regular. Though the obvious offsets are range, weight, and damage.

#7 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Lbx clusters will excel at legging smaller legs. Or perhaps use em to spray the cockpit. In table top they are suppost to be critical hit seeking monsters. How they implement it tho will be a challenge to see it they can pass everything thru and not just make it sub-par and super inaccurate.

Edited by ManDaisy, 23 May 2012 - 11:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users