#1 Dasht e Lut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 138 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

This just made me so mad!

This afternoon (I'm in California) I drop into a PUG match in my Phract. The match starts and I begin lumbering after my teammates. As I'm moving after them a player in a Dragon opens up on my back.

The first volley I ignore as it could be a newb wanting to see if his/her left mouse button still worked.

The second volley hits me. Now I start turning around (soo slow... How do you heavy pilots do it! I'm still trying to figure that out. Grew up in Commandos) and I get...

Another volley!

That was it! The only friendly mech was the one directly behind me and I alphaed on him. And I just kept firing at him out of pure frustration! I mean, how many times have I just walked away from an errant shot in the back? But his shooting was deliberate!

Finally, after a few seconds, I stop shooting. I didn't want to kill him, only punish him. On chat I asked "why". Just as another teammate shows up and asks "why are you shooting at each other?"

I felt like a petulant child. The teammate who was not in the friendly-firefight moves off and I proceed into the upper city. But before I leave I see the mech that originally fired upon me move off toward the edge of the plateou and just kind of stand there... until he gets hammered by salvo after salvo of LRMs. Which kill him.

I'm thinking that this was a suicide farmer. Only instead of killing himself, he wanted a teammate to do it for him. Kind of a "suicide by cop" thing, yeah?

Thing is, I don't return fire in a blue-on-blue incident. It happens, especially in the heat of battle. The random friendly walks into your line of fire and you just can't undo that trigger pull. But at the start of a match?

Usually I'm in my Commando and am scooting away before they have a chance for a second shot (if that would have been their intention) so I never know for sure if the FF was just an accident. I always have assumed that it was and acted accordingly. Even when fired upon deliberately at the end of a match...

Anyway, I actually survived that match and even got a kill! I apologized to the rest of my team for my behavior... And then the match ended.

Don't know why I'm posting this. A lot of pilots would have done the same, and rightly so. Guess I just felt like I had stepped out of character a bit and it bothered me.

End of cathartic rant. Now back to killing (the enemy).

Edited by Dasht e Lut, 23 December 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#2 Velba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 414 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Should of just killed him.

#3 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Another reason, in the long list of reasons I have compiled, for why ditching R&R was a good thing.

#4 herosson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I fired a Dragon once.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/M47_Dragon

#5 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Its tough when there's no player control over these things except your choice of shooting or taking it on the chin.

Being a game, if it happened as you called it then retribution and punishment metered out proportionately may not help you and your teammates at that moment in time, but hopefully will impress on the culprit that this is a game where messing about has its own consequences.

In the long term where there's more community based warfare then there will no room for people to be so silly.

#6 Dasht e Lut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostVelba, on 23 December 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Should of just killed him.

Yeah, I know. And I think I would have been well on the side of right if I had. I just didn't want to TK, especially if the scum was trying to get me to.

Let him run face-first into the enemy. At least he would have been a distraction...

#7 Dasht e Lut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostExoth3rmic, on 23 December 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Its tough when there's no player control over these things except your choice of shooting or taking it on the chin.

Being a game, if it happened as you called it then retribution and punishment metered out proportionately may not help you and your teammates at that moment in time, but hopefully will impress on the culprit that this is a game where messing about has its own consequences.

In the long term where there's more community based warfare then there will no room for people to be so silly.

Agreed Exo. And thanks.

#8 Merky Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 871 posts
  • LocationRidin down the street in my 6-4

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

View Postherosson, on 23 December 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

You could probably one hit kill a mech with a headshot with one of those.

#9 Dasht e Lut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

View Postherosson, on 23 December 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

LOL! Guess I'm just dense! I see what you did there!

Well played!

#10 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

The dragon was me, my cat climbed onto my keyboard and i couldnt move him, i apologised but you just kept on shooting.

Edited by RickySpanish, 23 December 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#11 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

The good ol cat excuse.

#12 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Nah im kidding it wasn't me, the guy was probably a nob :)

#13 Dasht e Lut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 23 December 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Nah im kidding it wasn't me, the guy was probably a nob :)

THAT'S IT RICKY SPANISH! DARN YOU TO HECK! (ForumNanny software avoidance here...) YOU'RE DOOMED THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOUR CAT ON THE FIELD! :P

LOL! I've got the perps handle and, try as you might, it weren't you... Good post though... ;)

Edited by Dasht e Lut, 23 December 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#14 PiemasterXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThe deep-south, cookin' Moonshine.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

I shot the sheriff.

#15 Dasht e Lut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostPiemasterXL, on 23 December 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

I shot the sheriff.

Well, yes, Mr. Pie. But you did not shoot the deputy.

And therefor I can't help you. Sorry...

#16 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

That happened to me at the hands of a pilot named Dirty Sanchez. A blatant shot into my side that ripped of my arm and GAuss. I stood there flabbergasted and could only marvel as he shot me again. I fired back and he shot one more time and my core blew.
Team killer in our midst I announced and he was quickly dispatched.
Im keeping an eye on the matches to see if his name pops up again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users