#21 Little Nemo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 588 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

(Just Trollin') :D

Posted Image

Edited by Skinny Pete, 23 December 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#22 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

All this thread tells me is that I play way too much by comparison.

I do solo queue only.

And no I don't want to post my stats in a screenshot format.

#23 TerebNeerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

My stats as of earlier today. Note the positive KDR, but lowly 40% win percentage. My KDR has been trending upwards lately.

http://hocgaming.com...-stats-jpg.129/

Edited by TerebNeerg, 23 December 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#24 Ptom

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Sure I'll bite.

For the record, I don't believe anyone has done "Pug Only" if they have more wins than losses.

(wow nvm can't paste the picture without breaking the forums. lol!)

Edited by Ptom, 23 December 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#25 Cerebelli

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 244 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

My SUPER LEGIT Stats.

Posted Image

#26 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostPtom, on 23 December 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Sure I'll bite.

For the record, I don't believe anyone has done "Pug Only" if they have more wins than losses.

(wow nvm can't paste the picture without breaking the forums. lol!)

Wait do you mean any amount over 50/50 ?

I could see being skeptical of someone claiming a 90% win rate with a lot of games and being pug only but just over 50/50 isn't a big deal.

#27 Duncan Fisher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC / Palo Alto, CA

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

I installed teamspeak and dropped with a 4 man for the first time ever today. Before that, I was literally pug only for about 800 games, about a 45% win rate but 7 k/d. It's really nothing when you just use ecm raven and try your hardest to never die. I rage quit a lot of matches when I see my pug teammates running in and dying for nothing, so I'd probably have some more deaths if I bothered to play out every inevitable loss.

Edited by Duncan Fisher, 23 December 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#28 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

My stats are in the trash because I suicide/AFKed A LOT. I actually stopped doing that now since they finally adjusted the economy and now encourage me to actually fight for money instead of tab out for it.(I mainly did it because I hated ECM patch btw) But regarding win rates, I was usually 4/10 or worse pre-ECM patch and am now usually 4/5. The game has become depressingly easy to stomp on since it's basically just Brawler Online now. Roll a 3L or D DC and it's pretty hard to lose. I win far more games now as a brawler than I ever did as an LRM Carrier. Working as intended!

#29 Iphariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 242 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

i've played a lot with light mech and i'm not so good with them.. if i had only played with my favourite mechs, the stats would be better.. K/D ~2,5-3,0

Posted Image

#30 Plavis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Plavis, 23 December 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#31 Sarevos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View Postdario03, on 23 December 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

Wait do you mean any amount over 50/50 ?

I could see being skeptical of someone claiming a 90% win rate with a lot of games and being pug only but just over 50/50 isn't a big deal.

due to the initial inclusion of 8mans v pugs and 4mans v pugs unless you played alot more during phase 2 than before a pure pug generally has a less than 50% win/loss ratio unfortunately i cannot contribute as i played in a team ~ half of the time i play

#32 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Pure PUG here. Disclaimer, I do have premium time AND hero mechs.

Posted Image

Edited by Thirdstar, 23 December 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#33 Weeble

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Apologies to the OP but this is less scientific than my gut instincts about win percentages.

I've always thought pugging stats would normalize at a 50/50 W/L if premades didn't exist. With premades it tips the balance slightly so most pugs will have about a 40% win percentage. Does that bother anyone? Not me.

K/D is almost completely unrelated. It has more to do with mech used and role played than anything else. Pugging indirect fire mechs rarely get kills and almost always die on a loss so their K/D is usually pretty bad.

My numbers matched up with these until recently. Either I've gotten a lot better, I'm on a nice lucky streak, or I always get a 4 man on my side because my K/D went over 1 and my W/L is getting close to 50%. I don't qualify for the poll because I did premades one night. Went 7/1 so that totally skewed my percentages since I only have like 600 drops. LOL

Edited by Weeble, 24 December 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#34 Op4blushift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostPtom, on 23 December 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Yeah, its possible to get a positive K/D ratio if you're good at getting kills and depending on what mech classes you play ( *cough* ECM ravens/commandos w/lagshield *cough*) but you can't win matches by yourself so its completely down to luck as to whether you get a good team or not.

Edited by Op4blushift, 24 December 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#35 LoneUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 23 December 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

I'm running at 162/282 wins/losses, which is about a 57% win rate.

Sorry to point this out to you, but that's a 36% win rate.

162 wins out of 444 total matches

#36 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostOp4blushift, on 24 December 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Yeah, its possible to get a positive K/D ratio if you're good at getting kills and depending on what mech classes you play ( *cough* ECM ravens/commandos w/lagshield *cough*) but you can't win matches by yourself so its completely down to luck as to whether you get a good team or not.

Actually you can. As a competent player you raise your team's overall skill level by a small amount which will be reflected in your win/loss ratio over a significant number of games; by playing you increase the chance that your team won't suck, so there's no luck involved. However your ratio is still unlikely to be high because you will eventually be rolled by a premade, as a pugger you also decrease the chance that the team you're on will include a premade. Despite this, over enough games your win/loss ratio will absolutely be better than a player of a lower skill level. Unfortunately "over enough games" is an arbitrary value and basically means infinity.

Some anecdotal evidence: When I get serious, I play an ECM Raven and I always stay with my team and out of sight. Because of this, in every game I join my team is more likely to be shielded from missile attack and remain undetected. When enemy ECM mechs close on us our team has a higher chance of being able to use one of its ECMs (usually mine) in counter mode, allowing us to demolish the scouts. Conversely when I play my Dragon built for sniping, I am decreasing our chance to win, while simultaneously increasing my chance to get kills - I have no ECM and so cannot directly counter scouts nor cloak my team. Sometimes though, you just need to kill something.

#37 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

You specifically made a new account in order to post this thread with a QQ name.

(As an edit, i get that this may be the first time you logged the forums, but for this purpose and this topic?)

I mean, why would you do that?

Whatever observations you make from these stats could easily be picked apart.

At the end of the day the stats won't be showing how much frustration or fun is involved in a win or a loss. They also won't be showing just how many people are put off from continuing to play under their own name because of a combination of factors including fear of impacting their stats, fear of being perceived as anything other than a 'great' mech pilot.

People that might end up making multiple accounts and add nothing to the community but QQ?

Edited by Exoth3rmic, 24 December 2012 - 01:01 AM.

#38 Weeble

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

View PostOp4blushift, on 24 December 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Exactly. That's why K/D and W/L aren't really the same discussion. A guy using a Cat C4 with LRMs against ECM might have a .200 K/D. Swap out the LRMs with SRMs, the mlas with mplas, learn to brawl, and he can get 2.00 to 3.00.

You can influence the result but you are still depending on the other 7 guys (or less depending on many dc).

The only number that matters to me is damage done and it's not on our stat page. That number wouldn't be great yardstick for some roles, either.

#39 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

not that stats is proof of anything i pug exclusively and yet have had premades drop in on my team and give out orders etc. no stats at the moment really prove anything with all the broken game mechanics working for you if you exploit or against you if like me you're fighting 250-300 ping on an aussie side server.

oh well who cares...

MechWarrior® Credits

194 / 534Kills / Death

146,509C-Bills

112,559XP

272 / 503Wins / Losses
[color=#AA0000]
0.36[/color]
Kill / Death Ratio

90,382.71Accumulative C-Bills Per Match

145.24Avg. XP Per Match

yes both the score and my copy and paste look screwy but really do you think someone would lie about scoreing less than all the other lagshielders streakers etcers who kinda stand out like a sore thumb?

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 24 December 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#40 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

If you want a different game experience play at 2pm cet and at 10 pm cet.
Until 4pm cet the games are more equal, mostly ending with 2-3 mechs on each side fighting it out.

768 / 1,112 Wins / Losses
311.36 Avg. XP Per Match
579 / 1,086 Kills / Death (Played raven exclusive until ecm come out (kd was 0.33, after ecm, 8man queue and adding catapults and now stalkers to my bays it goes up to 0.51 rising). Playing mostly before 4pm cet now (if i can spare the time), does something good too. Not so much steamroll as playing in the evening against a lot of teams.)
102,908.91 Accumulative C-Bills Per Match

Edited by Galenit, 24 December 2012 - 03:02 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users