Battletech Mechwarriors by popular demand...

13 replies to this topic

#1 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, If I may. As requested by many...

Since this discussion is taking place in every forum, I am going to address the issue in the open to everyone and post it in each House Forum including the Mercs and FRR.

All former gaming venue House Leaders and Clan commands etc....From Genie,EGA,Solaris,MPBT3025,InnerSphereWars, Board games, MW2,3,4 Leagues,MechAssault and the list just goes on and on. Everyone wants to see something different with MWO.

I have known the MPBT Marik leadership for over a decade. I have know the MPBT Kuritan Leadership for over a decade. I have known the Steiner MPBT leadership for over a decade, I have known the MPBT Davion Leadership for over a decade. MPBT Clan Leadership, Mercs and lonewolfs.....

The same question from well over 15,000 MWO community members is....., will there be COC structure , Role Play, Strategic planing, etc etc....the fact is, we all do not know what the DEVS have planned for the mechanics of this game.

So patience and communication between MWO members from all facets of the Battletech/Mechwarrior Universe is going to be a must.

There are players in their 40's,50's,60's and maybe even 70's who have waited for this day to come for 2 decades, they are more into the structure of things.

There are youngsters who just want to pilot a mech, shoot things and blow stuff up.

These views and requirements are all part of what makes this BT/MW community unique from all others !!

What stands before the MWO community as a whole, is that at some point, everyone is going to want to belong to something "BIGGER" which is where the old school MPBT players and Battletech Lore players will come in handy. They will have had 6 plus months to plan and setup, strategize and organize.

Those who just want to send others to PPC hell.....let them have at it, without restriction.

I believe wholeheartedly, that PGI and the staff, from the top down have been prepped and instructed by Russ and Bryan that the expectations of this game, far surpass any other game released for 15 years.

I believe Russ and Bryan and the PGI Staff have immersed themselves in BT Lore, the ways of the MW2,3,4 Warrior pilot, and that they have spent time in those leagues, online with MPBT games, with the board game, I dont doubt they have miniatures on their shelfs as well.

They honestly know They have a big row to hoe, and it may not be all we want it to be from the git'go, but it will evolve into what we and PGI make it together.

So lets all celebrate.......the Day of Deliverance has arrived!!!

It will be here before you know it!

Soon it will be time to saddle up and the game is ON!!

I appreciate you all and with the utmost respect......bid you a good day !

>VDB<

#2 Nitehawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationMy Booth at Shizuka's House of Pain, Wasteland, Montenegro, Solaris

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

View Postmetro, on 04 November 2011 - 10:50 AM, said:

Ladies and gentlemen, If I may. As requested by many...

Since this discussion is taking place in every forum, I am going to address the issue in the open to everyone and post it in each House Forum including the Mercs and FRR.

All former gaming venue House Leaders and Clan commands etc....From Genie,EGA,Solaris,MPBT3025,InnerSphereWars, Board games, MW2,3,4 Leagues,MechAssault and the list just goes on and on. Everyone wants to see something different with MWO.

I have known the MPBT Marik leadership for over a decade. I have know the MPBT Kuritan Leadership for over a decade. I have known the Steiner MPBT leadership for over a decade, I have known the MPBT Davion Leadership for over a decade. MPBT Clan Leadership, Mercs and lonewolfs.....

The same question from well over 15,000 MWO community members is....., will there be COC structure , Role Play, Strategic planing, etc etc....the fact is, we all do not know what the DEVS have planned for the mechanics of this game.

So patience and communication between MWO members from all facets of the Battletech/Mechwarrior Universe is going to be a must.

There are players in their 40's,50's,60's and maybe even 70's who have waited for this day to come for 2 decades, they are more into the structure of things.

There are youngsters who just want to pilot a mech, shoot things and blow stuff up.

These views and requirements are all part of what makes this BT/MW community unique from all others !!

What stands before the MWO community as a whole, is that at some point, everyone is going to want to belong to something "BIGGER" which is where the old school MPBT players and Battletech Lore players will come in handy. They will have had 6 plus months to plan and setup, strategize and organize.

Those who just want to send others to PPC hell.....let them have at it, without restriction.

I believe wholeheartedly, that PGI and the staff, from the top down have been prepped and instructed by Russ and Bryan that the expectations of this game, far surpass any other game released for 15 years.

I believe Russ and Bryan and the PGI Staff have immersed themselves in BT Lore, the ways of the MW2,3,4 Warrior pilot, and that they have spent time in those leagues, online with MPBT games, with the board game, I dont doubt they have miniatures on their shelfs as well.

They honestly know They have a big row to hoe, and it may not be all we want it to be from the git'go, but it will evolve into what we and PGI make it together.

So lets all celebrate.......the Day of Deliverance has arrived!!!

It will be here before you know it!

Soon it will be time to saddle up and the game is ON!!

I appreciate you all and with the utmost respect......bid you a good day !

>VDB<

<VDB>

Metro,

Well said. Thank you.

NTK

#3 IntruderAlert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

Here! Here!

(There are "Oldsters" that just want to pilot a mech , shoot things, and blow stuff up too.. :) )

#4 Paladyne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAndurien

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

you preach it metro. I for one look for to the macro aspects of the game as much as the ppc blasting but ANY decent BT game is better then no game!

#5 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

just here to make sure, that the FWL supporters understand we from the outside support the decades old leadership, which ever form it or they take.

they all deserve that much.

#6 Paladyne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAndurien

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

we just fighting amonst ourselves in typical marik fashion, otherwise the IS would be doomed by our superior industrial might :)

#7 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

LOL Pally!

either way....Bryan Ekman is making announcements, I believe everyone should see and watch for, answers are coming down the pipeline.

#8 CrashMarik

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIn a Jenner aiming for that Cat's sweet spot

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

Well here is hoping they give us something we can be a part of that won't kill us.

While I have always loved the idea of the large nation state type of structures in games there are always problems that never seem to be well resolved in their implementations.

1. The larger the faction becomes the closer to being a full time job running it becomes. We saw that with 3025 and we were just running mock wars for solaris districts with that game. Leadership functions often devolved into dealing with groups of people whose purpose was to disrupt and grief rather than what most people would have thought of as playing the game.

Our situation wasn't helped by the fact that the people at EA had about zero priority on giving us tools to manage units. That isn't a knock on EA, its perfectly understandable that they were trying to focus on things they felt would be enjoyed by the vast majority of players first, and leaving features meant for subgroups of players for later. I imagine, it was also hard to make it a priority when there was a seemingly limitless stream of players willing to step up and burn themselves out doing the job.

2. I know I harp on this but large tight CoCs tend to turn games into spy vs spy no matter what the genre is intended or the desire of the playerbase. It gets really bad with F2P games due to the simple fact the would be spymaster can spawn off an endless series of identities. With gamestorm at least there was a cost for each new account that limited it.

I don't know how much of the details have been released about how houses and factions will integrate into the game but in other games it doesn't seem to take much to destroy the game. From what I have seen it seems a near impossible task to balance the power that betrayal generates in the online environment. Even without the ability to actively throw resources to the enemy or destroy units, even the small things like knowledge of when people are online, their timezone etc can prove to be an overwhelming advantage.

Sorry for the ramble just one of the hazards of becoming an old timer

#9 Paladyne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAndurien

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

View PostCrashMarik, on 04 November 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

Sorry for the ramble just one of the hazards of becoming an old timer

Hey man I totally agree, for me the interhouse politics do not mean a thing. Whomever own what does not mean a thing. at the end of the day a simple hard drive crash and all the hard work is gone. Hey first and foremost it is a game. If people ake it that seriously that to win they have to destroy the fun of someone else..... umm from my experience that is not what the vast majority of Mariks believe. I am here to have fun and hang out with some guys I have known online for years because it is mroe interesting then watching tv and I get to stomp on things with a big freakin toy full of nasty tidbits that make things go boom.

#10 AuGuR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

@ Crash (and all other HLs/UCoC)
Got to remember the CoC golden rule... DELEGATE!! (lol)
Many of us have known each other long enough to trust in one another.

This in-fighting about leadership we're seeing now will continue long after the actual launch of the game. I'm guessing there may be several factions within our House that will claim to be the real leadership and, to a point, I'd say let them. Eventually, the majority of those claiming to be the real House Marik will merge with others once they realize their single lance/company/regiment cannot solely maintain their lines on their own. Others will spliter off into merc units that have the freedom to either stay allied to Marik or go elsewhere (assuming devs do what they say).

Either way, any perceived/assumed leadership at this time is more of a renewal of old friendships, as well as to take an initial stock of what we can eventually bring to the battlefield.

In short, many of us will just have to agree to disagree, and in any gaming community, this is quite normal.

Edited by AuGuR, 05 November 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#11 Paladyne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAndurien

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

no matter how you say it this is Marik, infighting actually makes us stronger, who do you respect more, a yes man or someone willing to tell you you are full of it. either way, I am willing to follow those I respect.

#12 Vincent J Magnum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 131 posts
  • LocationRegulus

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Id follow the guy with the guts to tell any higher rank he/she does not believe in the orders he/she is given. Thats a warriors job leave the politics to the politicians.

#13 IntruderAlert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

I made a specific point of the CoC issues in all the houses on the new Talk back Announcement to the Dev's
Hopefully an answer will be coming forthwith. At least Next Wednesday when all the Communities questions
will start to get answers...

#14 AuGuR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

Yah, saw that IA, hoping on a definitive answer myself...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users