F2P And Mc Costs

24 replies to this topic

#21 shintakie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostPoLaR, on 24 December 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

The company making this game doesn't have a massive team as a lot of gaming companies have these days.

So, In order to support them we must pay a little extra.. or a lot extra.

I have no problem supporting something I enjoy :]

A third option for a lot of little extras would be nice though.

#22 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

The company making this game doesn't have a massive team as a lot of gaming companies have these days.

Sorry, but that comment has me confused. Most small developer games are cheaper - not more expensive.

As a consumer I'm not going to pay more to support a company just because they are small. Quite frankly I think the prices they are charging are ridiculous. The fact that some of you can justify putting down $100 for a broken product like this boggles my mind.

Edited by Greyfyl, 24 December 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#23 Deathswarrior

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

My problm with the MC atm is you have to spend 30$ to get any amount of MC to matter.

All three hero mechs are over the "15$" MC mark making you spend the for the 30$ just to get one. I have no problem with this I like the hero mechs and all they offer.........

An atlas cost more MC then any hero mech, granted i can get it for free by playing but without the founders package or premium I will have to play for 30 hrs just to get it. I would easily pay 10 dollars hell even the 15$ package if i could purchase any mech in the game(except hero). Unless you really want to spend 7 dollars on christmas lights (which good for you if you enjoy them more power to you) then you'll be wasting your money. IMO

Edited by Deathswarrior, 25 December 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#24 salmjuha

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

I kind of agree that they need to make stuff available for low MC costs, the hero mech really aren't expensive. Don't get me wrong, I'd never ever buy them, but some people would. World of Tanks has one of the most successful f2p schemes and its high end premium tanks cost anything from 35 to 50 dollars. There's plenty of stuff for people to buy for lot less than that though.

They even managed to make me basically play a subscription fee every time I play since the maintenance costs for tanks are steep later on and you basically can't only drive high tier tanks without premium because you will lose so much money on bad rounds.

Mechwarrior is actually FREE to play. You really don't feel pressured into getting premium. That might be a problem in the long term. They might have to reintroduce maintenance costs and actually make them harsher if they want to keep selling premium. I know I'm not getting a second month if things stay as they are.

Edit: Also in WoT the premium tanks are actually relatively weaker compared to the tanks you have to grind. They just have other perks, like being able to train your crews really fast and making more money.

Edited by salmjuha, 25 December 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#25 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

I have no problem supporting something I enjoy :]

I don't either.

I DO have issues spending $7 for one time use paint, are they mad. I'd have a different camo/decal set for every mech IF I could play with them and use ones that I like on all of my mechs.

But I can't so that is probably a fair amount of money that they aren't making from me (and a number of other guys that I have talked to) because the price is so frigging much.

If you look at planetside the single use paint-ups are like 50 cents.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users