Loading A Mech Guidelines

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zense

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Thought i would write out my theories of mech fitting see if i could help anyone, also to improve my loadout.

Keep it simple silly, this means use as few buttons to be clicked as possible. at most i use 4 weapons groups at one time. keep that in mind when building, use matching weapons, and keep matching ones on arms then others on torso. The targeting reticle use the +(crosshairs) as torso and the o(targeting reticle?) as arms.

I Try to get my Heat Efficiency above one. If you use some weapons rarely, the less you need heat efficiency, speedy mechs probably want pretty high. You want to be able to overheat because it means you have balance but you shouldn't overheat without repeatedly firing.

Endo-Frame seems better than Ferro-Fibrous and i think the speedies are about the only ones to use both. the speedies to me are the lights plus the cicada. when you're running out of space before you run out of weight i would forego the Double Heat Sinks. On my atlas i can't use double cause i can fit enough singles to make up for the advantage while saving space.

Weapons as i said before are good to match, its also a good idea to be able to shoot at multiple ranges unless you are speedy, then you can do short only if you want. I dont like the range penalty on Pulse Lasers, learn to shoot double(half the weight) the normal lasers. Key weapons notes i've noticed is that Uac5 should be double shot with firing discipline, which means it will attempt a shot every time its clicked but it can jam and increases the chance of jamming the more quickly its clicked. would like to know the cooldown on the increasing chance? also Uac5 seems to work better with twins. The PPC, of which i only use ER becasue of the absence of minimum range, can soften up an area for i think, all balistics. I've noticed getting more criticals with an ER shot followed(gauss travels slower) by a Gauss shot.

thats about all the writing im going to attempt for now, what yall think, add ideas!!

Edited by Zense, 26 December 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#2 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Endo is better than FF. Im not sure in what instance you would use FF over Endo. When Im trying to lose weight, that's what I look at first.

#3 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostBerryChunks, on 28 December 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Endo is better than FF. Im not sure in what instance you would use FF over Endo. When Im trying to lose weight, that's what I look at first.

I did the math on this on smurfy's and it is always true. Endo is always better. FF is only useful if you already have Endo and still have 14 free slots (usually only true on lights and some mediums.)

#4 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostZense, on 26 December 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

The PPC, of which i only use ER becasue of the absence of minimum range, can soften up an area for i think, all balistics. I've noticed getting more criticals with an ER shot followed(gauss travels slower) by a Gauss shot.

I've seen this said before, but I'm not sure if there is any truth to it. It might just be perception bias.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users