On the Kurita Side; which one of you will do the Elite Founders?

107 replies to this topic

#21 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 22 May 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

If we get a Founder's Dragon are we all gonna be rolling in it?

I know I'd be

I love the Jenner and know I want one in my mech bays, but I really can't see any significant difference between the founders' version and the vanilla version. If I'm going to get some sort of limited edition 'mech, I'd at least like it to sport some dramatic aesthetic differences.

Thus why I'd want the Dragon; While it's a heavy, it could still be used as a scout, and we've yet to see how it looks. I don't really like the layout of the missile tubes on the vanilla dragon, so I'm really hoping that the founder dragon has the missile tube in the same forward box-launcher as the tabletop version, and possibly a cockpit that also looks like the tabletop's robocop-esque cockpit. I know the box launcher showed up on far more than one of the concept sketches for the dragon, so I'm hoping we could at least see that much.

#22 Kurenai

• Pip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

Is the Jenner the Russian T-50 or T-50-2 tank :D

I don't recall many Atlas being mentioned in Kurita ranks.

#23 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:02 AM

House Kurita has also addressed the limited engagement range with their own AS8-K Atlas. Like the Davion model, this version uses a standard engine, standard internal structure, but uses nineteen tons of standard armor instead of the more expensive ferro-fibrous. Double heat sinks are mounted but sixteen rather than ten.

#24 Quentin Yatoki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 182 posts
  • LocationThe region of Mountain Pears in the land of the Rising Sun.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 23 May 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

House Kurita has also addressed the limited engagement range with their own AS8-K Atlas. Like the Davion model, this version uses a standard engine, standard internal structure, but uses nineteen tons of standard armor instead of the more expensive ferro-fibrous. Double heat sinks are mounted but sixteen rather than ten.

Not bad, if you like Assaults I suppose. :D

#25 Grease Stain

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

almost certain.

#26 Greyjoy

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWolcott - DC

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

I will be ABSOLUTLEY buying the elite founders pack. I have been hoping for a game like this since MW4

#27 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Dunno yet. On the one hand, it's clearly good value for money ($60 gets you a unique mech & $80 in C-bills), but on the other hand I'm about to move house, so I'll probably be without internet access when the time comes to buy it. And on the third hand, we don't know what other mechs will be available on launch day. I might like one of them more than my founder & end up hardly ever using the founders' mech.

#28 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

I gotta say this again, JUST BECAUSE those mechs are pictured, is in no way a direct guarantee that THOSE are the mechs that will be available in the ELITE package. Until PGI/Developers say YES, THOSE are your choices, it is pointless to choose right now, seeing as we just do not know for absolute certain yet.

#29 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

I intend on the veteran founder, I'm still working on putting together the actual rig before I can even start playing. However, I am buying the founder package not for its benefits or perks, but because I support the franchise, product and the developers making the game.

The perks are just a small cherry on top of the game actually coming to life.

#30 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

I am not worried personally about if my computer will support the game or not. I run Skyrim and Diablo 3 just fine, I have every confidence that my machine can and will handle MWO. Besides, no money for a new rig lol.

but for me, the 60 buck package is where i am going.

#31 Tornox

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Founders here for me as well

#32 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

I'm totally down with supporting the game, too. I was so sad to see MPBT:3025 end before it even had a chance. With the core community supporting the game, we should be able to keep it alive for quite some time.

Gawd, I hope I get a beta invite!

#33 Broken Moriarty

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

I will almost certainly be going elite founders as soon as they give me the link so I can gives them my money. Not sure on what mech to take yet, will be waiting for more information.

#34 HydroSqueegee

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Im all in for it, but i need to know the details before i fork over the dough.

#35 Promptus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationMatamoras

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

It's a given that I'm doing it. However I'll leave the Atlas piloting to people who enjoy things that move slow.

#36 Gauss

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostKurenai, on 23 May 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

Is the Jenner the Russian T-50 or T-50-2 tank :o

Jenner D woud be like the T-50. The Jenner F would be like the T-50-2 :-D

Also, the Atlas K was pretty popular. Whatever mech I get will either be equiped with a Gauss Rifle, or it's name will be Marauder :-P

#37 Galaxy613

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 71 posts
  • LocationUSA, VA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 22 May 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

If we get a Founder's Dragon are we all gonna be rolling in it?

Unless the Hatamoto Chi shows up, then yeah. If the Dragon isn't available I will prolly take the Atlas or Catapult.

#38 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostKurenai, on 23 May 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

Is the Jenner the Russian T-50 or T-50-2 tank :o

I'd say the Jenner is more like a T-70. http://www.flamesofw...spx?art_id=1366 And after the War of 3039, 2 out of 3 Atlas factories are in Kuritan hands (only 1 before). :wacko:

#39 Johann Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Elite for sure... unless they come out with some Super Delux Premium Elite Package... you know, due to overwhelming support.

#40 Strikhedonia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 257 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

I'm on the fence. It's likely, perhaps even inevitable, that this game will separate me from my hard earned money. Before I take that step I'd like to see more on the gameplay. The videos to date have fueled my desire. That's why I keep staring at the beta indicator at the top of the screen, mindlessly pressing F5 in the vain hope that it changes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users