Ams And Engine Sizes.

4 replies to this topic

#1 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

It seems that whenever I trial Stalker, ECM is always a way more effective missile shield than AMS

AMS might shoot down some missiles, but ECM stops all missiles as long as they can't get a lock, which is another reason why we see so much of it.

Are AMS ever worth it?

What's the point of the micro engine sizes? You get pushed along at 30kph and are a sitting duck.

#2 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

ECM is always better, except when its countered, AMS cannot be countered, but has ammo. I thought this was all moot though, as none of the Stalkers can use ECM.

The micro engines (if I understand you correctly, engines less than 250) are worthless as far as I'm concerned, I would never drop in a mech with less than a 250 engine, otherwise, I'm sure there are times where you can save a little weight, but never very much.

After looking at it, I see you can save a few tons (7 if you use a std 100 engine), but it doesn't seem worth it to me at all. A lighter mech needs the speed, and a slower mech needs the slots.

Edited by ICEFANG13, 27 December 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#3 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

I suppose thats a follow up question: why does a specific engine need 1, 2, 3, 4 + heat sinks the smaller it is? Does that mean heat sinks you add yourself?

#4 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Yes, a mech has to have 10 heat sinks to go into a match (I hear you can do it right now, later it shouldn't be possible to drop at all). Every 25, an engine gets another heatsink integrated into the engine. A 100 engine gives 4, and you have to add 6 more yourself. A 125 gives 5, and you have to add 5, etc etc, but at 250, you don't have to add any.

#5 Orkimedes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

don't forget that if you have DHS and less than a 250-rated engine, you're missing out on the 2.0 heatsinks you'd otherwise get for internally mounted DHS, meaning you lose 0.6 heatsink (that's almost half a non-internal DHS) for each 25 engine rating you drop below 250 if you keep your total heatsinks at 10.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users